Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2015 11:55:16 PM EDT
Any suggestions for cleanly mounting a two point sling to a 556R? I am not a fan of MASH hook style mounts, or HK style hooks. I'd like to attach QD sockets directly to the factory mount points on the gas block and rear of the lower receiver, in a manner similar to IWC's SCAR mounts. I've found nothing similar for the 556. If I don't find something more to my liking, I'll use BFG's  3.25" UWL. Anyone have a cool way to mount a sling to a 556R?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I know you don't like the hooks, but what I did was use the sling off a "CLS" (Combat Life Saver) bag:

It may mark up the rifle some, but that's what gives it character...
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I use para cord loops and then connect HK clips to those.  I like it.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Another option I just thought of is IWC's mount n slot like this
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
wtwining, I like the looks of the OD CLS sling on your rifle. It has some cool character.

lilMAC25, I've considered doing exactly that. Unfortunately, there are probably five year olds that can do a better looking job tying paracord than I can. I'll have to experiment.

The IWC mounts are good. I have them on a few of my ARs. They are just not what I want as far as aestetics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Hang-fire double.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wtwining, I like the looks of the OD CLS sling on your rifle. It has some cool character.

lilMAC25, I've considered doing exactly that. Unfortunately, there are probably five year olds that can do a better looking job tying paracord than I can. I'll have to experiment.

The IWC mounts are good. I have them on a few of my ARs. They are just not what I want as far as aestetics.
View Quote

I usually make a loop and tie it off with a square knot. Then I run it through the hard point on the firearm and loop it back through itself.

Then I clip my preferred attachment (HK clip in my case, but Magpul paraclips work very well) onto the cord loop.  Voila.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top