Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 7 of 44)
Page / 44
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
SD8A9040-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
SD8A9079-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What stock is that?  Any pics of it in the extended position?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joe_Blacke:
What stock is that?  Any pics of it in the extended position?
View Quote

That's the blade stock that I have mentioned in this and/or the MPX thread.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that blade stock would be better suited for the MCX verses the current skeleton stock being that it looks like you can install a check weld riser of sorts?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
SD8A9031-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jetflyer] [#7]
I hope the photo above is not the new 20rd magazine(just a 30 with a restrictor) that SIG is now taking orders on.

The 4.5 inch (K) model gun needs the shorter mag tube to keep its compact profile.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jetflyer:
I hope the photo above is not the new 20rd magazine(just a 30 with a restrictor) that SIG is now taking orders on.

The 4.5 inch (K) model gun needs the shorter mag tube to keep its compact profile.
View Quote

It's not. Those are the 30 round mags with 28 rounds in them
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:52:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dsully] [#9]
Cheek weld on the telescoping stock. Yes I could have snapped a photo but video is more fun   Haha
MPX cheek weld
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dsully:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sully nailed it - 20-rounders are their own animal.  But, the 10-rounders are just blocked 20-rounders.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The stock sights came off and were replaced with Magpul Pro sights. I know my front sight is backwards, it helps in deploying it in a hurry.

Mounted the Surefire M300b offset mount on the top rail with the tape switch on the left side. It barely clears the Magpul Pro front.

Got the Aimpoint T1 mounted and bore sighted. Just have to confirm zero at the range.

Using a padded VCAS sling using an IWC front mount.

Can't wait to get it to the range.

Let's see some other people's setup.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I see you got a Barney upper, my Gen II is purple as well. It is going to cost me a further $200 to Cerakote the gun as well. I will post pics when it is Form 1, fully complete and perfect.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]
It resembles the Shockwave pistol brace. 2nd request can we please see of stock extended.?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TacticalR:
I see you got a Barney upper, my Gen II is purple as well. It is going to cost me a further $200 to Cerakote the gun as well. I will post pics when it is Form 1, fully complete and perfect.
View Quote

I got a barney upper too LOL!!!!  

I also swapped out those crap iron flipup sights for some troy fixed. Now we will see if Sig will deliver the collapsible stock I ordered in June or if the new gun buying frenzy will absorb appropriate resources.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TacticalR:
It resembles the Shockwave pistol brace. 2nd request can we please see of stock extended.?
View Quote

I'm assuming you are talking to me.  

SD8A9069-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#16]
SD8A9086-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Best I can do with an ifizzle. black friday brought me some $68 troy irons. After shooting this a bunch this past weekend I think Ill save the coin on the optic for the MCX if I can find one. Also, this gas system doesnt like subsonic 165g Hush ammo from freedom munitions when its cold out. I stovepiped every round when it was 40 deg in this config. It worked fine the other day at 70drg. 147 g ball ran just fine in all temp conditions.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I want my telescoping stock.

want, want, WANT!

(stomps feet and throws tantrum)

Who'd have thunk it'd take longer to get the stock than the stamp for the F1...
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

want, want, WANT!

View Quote

X2

Also...it seems in addition to my approved Form 1 (filed same day as stock order), I will likely have a PAPER Form 4 approved as well, which was also sent in at the same time. Here's to hoping "by year end" really comes true...this time. I would LOVE to post a picture of my setup with a stock!
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cntrl23:

X2

Also...it seems in addition to my approved Form 1 (filed same day as stock order), I will likely have a PAPER Form 4 approved as well, which was also sent in at the same time. Here's to hoping "by year end" really comes true...this time. I would LOVE to post a picture of my setup with a stock!
View All Quotes

want, want, WANT!

X2

X3.        
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GGGBeo50:

X3.        
View All Quotes

want, want, WANT!

X2

X3.        

X4
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jetflyer] [#23]
Who knows when the short stuff will become available, so I sent my GEN1 to ZR Tactical Solutions. Now I have my 4.5in (K) sized variant.

ZRTS will...

Cut and thread the barrel 1/2x28
Standard A2 birdcage reamed to 9mm
Cut and Cerakote the handguard

$260 return shipping included. 3-day turnaround time.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you know where we can find a review of the Romeo optics?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Where can I find that sig sight?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

They are starting to ship to dealers now - I have seen them in a few and you will see even more of them going forward.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
Do you know where we can find a review of the Romeo optics?
View Quote

There are a few reviews online.  I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have, though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Who knows when the short stuff will become available, so I sent my GEN1 to ZR Tactical Solutions. Now I have my 4.5in (K) sized variant.

ZRTS will...

Cut and thread the barrel 1/2x28
Standard A2 birdcage reamed to 9mm
Cut and Cerakote the handguard

$260 return shipping included. 3-day turnaround time.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/armedjetflyer/Mobile%20Uploads/9ed2af9b-e22f-420a-813a-1aa12072f0c9_zpswqgxtpwe.jpg                    

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/armedjetflyer/Mobile%20Uploads/6f9d0162-faaa-4a66-bf35-9615155fda31_zpsrwjy3ah5.jpg        
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/armedjetflyer/Mobile%20Uploads/dfe85b01-c05a-4aaa-a8f3-3b198d05ebb0_zpsgbhajfzn.jpg      
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/armedjetflyer/Mobile%20Uploads/8d79e10c-ef6d-4fc8-988b-98055bff0d61_zpsyjeseo5k.jpg
View Quote

I called Sig  today and was told the end of the first quarter for "K" barrels and hand guards.

That work turned out nicely. I may have to do the same.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Is this going to be your kit gun? Looks sweet!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I would like someone from sig or someone who knows about this factory trigger design. What makes the design and weight of the hammer so special and why it's not a good idea to install an aftermarket performance AR trigger like most have already done......because this trigger is terrible in my opinion. I have bit my toungue waiting for this trigger to break in like a factory trigger usually does. I'm on a little over 1100 rounds, and it still makes me want to buy a geissele while not being concerned of reliability. So, an explanation?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:33:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I was going to install aftermarket triggers in my MPX but was advised not to. Reasons were trigger slap and possibility of trigger pins snapping. I can't verify either though because I never did swap them out. But then again, I like the trigger. I can work it decently. So I figured why bother changing it.  It's really not a bad trigger like other factory ones are.

SD8A9018-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#33]
SD8A8962-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:19:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GGGBeo50] [#34]
I was going to install aftermarket triggers in my MPX but was advised not to. Reasons were trigger slap and possibility of trigger pins snapping. I can't verify either though because I never did swap them out. But then again, I like the trigger. I can work it decently. So I figured why bother changing it.  It's really not a bad trigger like other factory ones are.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BrLvVn" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/687/23264084859_738eac5000_b.jpg</a>SD8A9018-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

View Quote

Thanks for the info. Those are good reasons. Although I have had trigger pins break on a couple ARs which I assumed was the result of overgassing. I am going to polish the sear and experiment with a spring kit. The grindy takeup before the break makes me cringe.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Thanks for the info. Those are good reasons. Although I have had trigger pins break on a couple ARs which I assumed was the result of overgassing. I am going to polish the sear and experiment with a spring kit. The grindy takeup before the break makes me cringe.
View All Quotes

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/BrLvVn" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/687/23264084859_738eac5000_b.jpg</a>SD8A9018-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

I thought the only issue with aftermarket triggers was that they dont have the trigger bar...
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#36]
The bar or bridge is there for a reason

SD8A8983-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
SD8A9080-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#37]
So what is the reason for the trigger bar?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#38]
So what is the reason for the trigger bar?
View Quote

I believe it is so the hammer does not strike the disconnector causing damage and/or breaking the trigger pin.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Just a heads up.  Those stocks are available on Sig's website
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kschwan] [#40]
Dsully - Thanks - I just called about and was told the price is incorrect on the web site the cost is $299  so to make sure you order goes through you might want to call.

Edited to add - Looks like they corrected it already to $299

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#41]
Originally Posted By kschwan:
Dsully - Thanks - I just called about and was told the price is incorrect on the web site the cost is $299  so to make sure you order goes through you might want to call.

Edited to add - Looks like they corrected it already to $299

View Quote

I just bought mine for 239
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Sig told me today that they were serving customers from June right now for the collapsible stocks. My order date is 1 July.

I am irritated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Sig told me today that they were serving customers from June right now for the collapsible stocks. My order date is 1 July.

I am irritated.
View Quote

Woohoo! Mine was June 21. At least I may actually get something for myself this christmas.

All I need is 3 of the 20 round mags when they come out and I will consider this rifle complete.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#44]
An updated shot of the MPX. I changed up the grips a bit. I'm really digging the Samson short vertical grip on this. I had to steal my mcx's stock till the tele shows up.
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SigJoe:
An updated shot of the MPX. I changed up the grips a bit. I'm really digging the Samson short vertical grip on this. I had to steal my mcx's stock till the tele shows up.
View Quote

Looks good.  Did those rail panels fit without modification? What kind are they?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jwmac:

Looks good.  Did those rail panels fit without modification? What kind are they?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwmac:

Thanks. They needed to be sanded on the backside some. They're Knights URX panels.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#47]

It does lie flat. They were available on Sig's website a bit ago. They're out of stock now though.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/x2u8TQ" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5743/20363865994_88decf1d2e_b.jpg</a>SD8A6952-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TimberTank:
Dully,
I have an MPX-P Sig 9mm w/ 8" barrel.  I'm looking for the so called Kate Moss folding stock. The one you have on photos of the MCX and MPX (skeletonized). Question: Does that skeletonized folding stock lay flat on the MPX receiver or is it laying on the handguard?  I know it lays flat on the MCX but need to know if it's laying flat (not on an angle) on the MPX.  Please post photo of it laying flat on MPX. Thanks

It does lie flat. They were available on Sig's website a bit ago. They're out of stock now though.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/x2u8TQ" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5743/20363865994_88decf1d2e_b.jpg</a>SD8A6952-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

Dsully how does this setup fit in the cherry bomb?  Is there room to play with?  I order one to carry my MPX with the tele mounted and my can sticks out 5" from the hand guard. I think it's going to be a tight fit?  Hopefully it works. I might have to pick up a 9S to shave a few inches off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Dsully how does this setup fit in the cherry bomb?  Is there room to play with?  I order one to carry my MPX with the tele mounted and my can sticks out 5" from the hand guard. I think it's going to be a tight fit?  Hopefully it works. I might have to pick up a 9S to shave a few inches off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TimberTank:
Dully,
I have an MPX-P Sig 9mm w/ 8" barrel.  I'm looking for the so called Kate Moss folding stock. The one you have on photos of the MCX and MPX (skeletonized). Question: Does that skeletonized folding stock lay flat on the MPX receiver or is it laying on the handguard?  I know it lays flat on the MCX but need to know if it's laying flat (not on an angle) on the MPX.  Please post photo of it laying flat on MPX. Thanks

The Cherry bomb is a lot bigger.  That setup fits with room to play.  Just guessing but I think you should be ok.  Not sure if you are familiar with the quality of Eberleestock, but you will very impressed.  Worth the money in my opinion
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#49]
This is a 10.3" SBR in the Cherry bomb
SD8A3354-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#50]
This is a 10.3" SBR in the Cherry bomb
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rXFm14" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7687/17039003131_89aa2b8b0a_b.jpg</a>SD8A3354-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View Quote

Is this the S34 secret weapons pack in the pic. It's different from the cherry bomb I just received. Mine will only hold my 7" SBR.
Page / 44
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 7 of 44)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top