Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2015 8:55:36 AM EDT
So I'm familiar with the brass marring issues on the 556 line of rifles, and supposedly SIG fixed the issue on the 556XI by adding a brass deflector. I was shooting this weekend and noticed the clip that holds the dust boot came off of the rearward pin and rotated upward. I didn't rough-handle the gun and figured it may be the steel cased Wolf Military Classic that caused the issue. I took some pictures and they look similar to the other 556 brass marks. This gun has about 1000 rounds through it.
Have any other XI owners experienced this issue?
Here is the image of my gun, and the album of similar images is at this link.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The brass deflector wasnt added to deal with the marring issue. It was added in order to aid in proper ejection to deal with the multi caliber issues and how the different weight cases leave the ejection port.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have any solutions that would prevent the brass from disloging the clip AND Keep the clips from rusting? I think using adhesive Velcro would just promote rust in that area if the rifle gets even a little wet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I just put a strip of duct tape on mine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put a strip of duct tape on mine.
View Quote

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top