Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2015 6:18:43 AM EDT
so should this go in here or in Sig pistols?

My LGS wants me to buy one.  I like the SBR versions.  Of course that is Class 3 stuff.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Does your LGS have one ?

They're awesome, if they ever surface.

Big thread going on about these somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does your LGS have one ?

They're awesome, if they ever surface.

Big thread going on about these somewhere.
View Quote
He does not yet, but he is expecting them.  He gets lots of good stuff.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Mother of God would I ever love to own one of these!!!!  In fully automatic form.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
2 weeks
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
\Of course that is Class 3 stuff.

View Quote

Title 2, not Class 3.

Class 3 is the dealer license and special tax required to deal in Title 2 firearms.

Title 2 is a the classification of any firearm under the purview of the NFA like short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, suppressors, etc.
Title 1 firearms are regular, non-NFA 16"+ rifles, 18"+ shotguns, handguns, etc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Title 2, not Class 3.

Class 3 is the dealer license and special tax required to deal in Title 2 firearms.

Title 2 is a the classification of any firearm under the purview of the NFA like short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, suppressors, etc.
Title 1 firearms are regular, non-NFA 16"+ rifles, 18"+ shotguns, handguns, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
\Of course that is Class 3 stuff.

Title 2, not Class 3.

We all know what someone means when they reference "class 3", "nfa ", etc.  No need to get the red pen out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Just talked to a close friend on Tuesday that works at Sig. I asked about the MPX. His comment was that I will see a Unicorn, Kracken, and Lock Ness first. So with that said, and this person knows what and when, he did say that it is a slight (.0001%) chance we civi's may see it available. If any dealer says they are getting them, I'd be VERY careful. First off, the first dealers to get them will be in the top 10 in sales for Signature dealers, then it will trickle down from there. Don't hold your breath just yet. Think of all the things HK "said" was coming to the U.S., same here at the moment. They (Sig) are still battling the ATF on the muzzle devise, and now the Sig brace thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so should this go in here or in Sig pistols?

My LGS wants me to buy one.  I like the SBR versions.  Of course that is Class 3 stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9mV6qCuHLs

View Quote

Neither, if you looked, there is already an MPX thread, but the more the merrier I guess.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just talked to a close friend on Tuesday that works at Sig. I asked about the MPX. His comment was that I will see a Unicorn, Kracken, and Lock Ness first. So with that said, and this person knows what and when, he did say that it is a slight (.0001%) chance we civi's may see it available. If any dealer says they are getting them, I'd be VERY careful. First off, the first dealers to get them will be in the top 10 in sales for Signature dealers, then it will trickle down from there. Don't hold your breath just yet. Think of all the things HK "said" was coming to the U.S., same here at the moment. They (Sig) are still battling the ATF on the muzzle devise, and now the Sig brace thing.
View Quote

double post
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your friend must not like you very much because they are already in production and are being released very soon. There was a slight hold up to push some MCX's out to a US Army SF group. Once that is completed, the MPX should resume production. By the way, that's a terrible rumor to start spreading here and if you do, have proof of it. Also even if the MPX muzzle/suppressor version and arm brace version is not being released, it wont stop the MPX pistol from being released and then you can do an SBR yourself. I am not a fan of the folding arm brace and it makes the MPX very bulky when storing it. I know because I played with them at the last shot show and headed there again in less than 2 weeks  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your friend must not like you very much because they are already in production and are being released very soon. There was a slight hold up to push some MCX's out to a US Army SF group. Once that is completed, the MPX should resume production. By the way, that's a terrible rumor to start spreading here and if you do, have proof of it. Also even if the MPX muzzle/suppressor version and arm brace version is not being released, it wont stop the MPX pistol from being released and then you can do an SBR yourself. I am not a fan of the folding arm brace and it makes the MPX very bulky when storing it. I know because I played with them at the last shot show and headed there again in less than 2 weeks  

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We all know what someone means when they reference "class 3", "nfa ", etc.  No need to get the red pen out.
View Quote

Language matters. Clip vs magazine, class 3 vs title 2, assault weapon vs fun gun. It's important to use the correct terminology.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well,,,    I just spoke to him today. The Carbine version is set to be shipped AFTER SHOT Show. NO MPX's are available, and there is NO date to when it will be. That is DIRECTLY from Sig Sauer. They have not gotten final approval, and still are working things out on it. Now if you choose to drop money down on a gun that has no release date, be my guest. This friend is high enough at Sig to know what is going on and has been with Sig for years. He is highly respected at Sig and has procured parts for me that, when I call CS or dealer services, they say that they are back ordered, not in stock, etc...  I only comment about this because I am in line for one of these, being that I am an Authorized LE/MIL repair facility and the only Authorized Ilaflon refinisher in US . As for spreading rumors-- Once I became a repair facility for them, I do get more info then the std dealer/armorer. I am hoping that it does come out and they might be out soon, but the word FROM SIG, is not yet.  BTW-I have been to 15 SHOT show, you should know that everyone brings out all their "new" stuff to show it off. HK brings their MG's and grenade launchers, but you can't get them. I had some prototype stuff in from a well known trigger mfg. yesterday. Has not been released yet, but when it does it will be in demand. If you would like to continue this farther, you can email me or IM me direct, since I do not think that anyone else wants to see this go farther.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well,,,    I just spoke to him today. The Carbine version is set to be shipped AFTER SHOT Show. NO MPX's are available, and there is NO date to when it will be. That is DIRECTLY from Sig Sauer. They have not gotten final approval, and still are working things out on it. Now if you choose to drop money down on a gun that has no release date, be my guest. This friend is high enough at Sig to know what is going on and has been with Sig for years. He is highly respected at Sig and has procured parts for me that, when I call CS or dealer services, they say that they are back ordered, not in stock, etc...  I only comment about this because I am in line for one of these, being that I am an Authorized LE/MIL repair facility and the only Authorized Ilaflon refinisher in US . As for spreading rumors-- Once I became a repair facility for them, I do get more info then the std dealer/armorer. I am hoping that it does come out and they might be out soon, but the word FROM SIG, is not yet.  BTW-I have been to 15 SHOT show, you should know that everyone brings out all their "new" stuff to show it off. HK brings their MG's and grenade launchers, but you can't get them. I had some prototype stuff in from a well known trigger mfg. yesterday. Has not been released yet, but when it does it will be in demand. If you would like to continue this farther, you can email me or IM me direct, since I do not think that anyone else wants to see this go farther.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry WCTLEGUNSMITH, meant no disrespect, was all in fun so to say. So you say carbine version released after Shot Show, what are you referring to, the MPX Carbine?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Was told today that the MCX is in production and "should" be available after SHOT. I'll get a call after SHOT letting me know when we should see them. Will not hold my breath till I have one in hand.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Was told today that the MCX is in production and "should" be available after SHOT. I'll get a call after SHOT letting me know when we should see them. Will not hold my breath till I have one in hand.
View Quote

I think the MCX will be in high demand as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MCX's main selling point, for me at least, is the folding stock. I do not like the AR buffer tube AT ALL. Folders are king!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top