User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#1]
SD8A1813-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks DSully,
I tried the Noveske on my MCX at the same time I took those MPX pics and I didn't think it fit the MCX. In your pic you can see the mount doesn't sit completely flush because the light contacts the handguard. Mine looked worse. Are you happy with the fit, does it feel solid?
Like I said in the other post I wish Noveske would make the portion that mounts to the light just a little wider so the light mount on the light wasn't hanging off the side. Can't imagine they made it for the Ariska light body. I email them, still no response.

-T
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had great luck with the Midwest industries scout mount. I have it on two rifles, and for the price you really can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks DSully,
I tried the Noveske on my MCX at the same time I took those MPX pics and I didn't think it fit the MCX. In your pic you can see the mount doesn't sit completely flush because the light contacts the handguard. Mine looked worse. Are you happy with the fit, does it feel solid?
Like I said in the other post I wish Noveske would make the portion that mounts to the light just a little wider so the light mount on the light wasn't hanging off the side. Can't imagine they made it for the Ariska light body. I email them, still no response.

-T
View Quote

It does touch the rail and maybe 98% flush. It's solid though. Not too worried when it come to the light touching the rail though
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
SD8A1694-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't help but chuckle at how this rifle is turning into an ACR. I bought one from Cabelas last May for $1,700.00 with both the 5.56x45mm and .300 BLK barrels. According to Sig, barrel, hand guards options as well as the AR lower receiver adaptor kit were supposed to be available. So far... NOTHING except for some butt stocks

I sold the .300 BLK barrel for $1,000.00 and the unfired rifle for $1,800.00 which was probably the best decision ever.

Honestly, If I could've returned it to Sig via their front window it would've been worth the $1,700.00 loss.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't help but chuckle at how this rifle is turning into an ACR. I bought one from Cabelas last May for $1,700.00 with both the 5.56x45mm and .300 BLK barrels. According to Sig, barrel, hand guards options as well as the AR lower receiver adaptor kit were supposed to be available. So far... NOTHING except for some butt stocks

I sold the .300 BLK barrel for $1,000.00 and the unfired rifle for $1,800.00 which was probably the best decision ever.

Honestly, If I could've returned it to Sig via their front window it would've been worth the $1,700.00 loss.
View Quote

So what was wrong with it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe your name should be "slow joe". But let me break out the sock puppets.

Although Sig stated you would be able to, they've yet to offer:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Sure, they advertise them, but you can't get them.

Just like the ACR.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

Well that's too bad. Because it's an amazing platform. I assure you that Sig is working their asses off to get stuff out. There are more orders than expected and everything being produced is being used on rifles on order. People don't seem to understand what it takes to mass produce a quality product.  I get that everyone is a I want it now kind of person but reality is never played out that way. Again, just because you can't wait doesn't mean you should dog a product because you have no idea what you are talking about. The rifle is fantastic and I know that first hand. When everything gets caught up and you start seeing it being used. You'll buy it again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well that's too bad. Because it's an amazing platform. I assure you that Sig is working their asses off to get stuff out. There are more orders than expected and everything being produced is being used on rifles on order. People don't seem to understand what it takes to mass produce a quality product.  I get that everyone is a I want it now kind of person but reality is never played out that way. Again, just because you can't wait doesn't mean you should dog a product because you have no idea what you are talking about. The rifle is fantastic and I know that first hand. When everything gets caught up and you start seeing it being used. You'll buy it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

No  I won't but one, ever. Primarily because I was lied to by Sig. The only time I will use this is if it makes it into SOPMOD. until then, for personal use, I have my HK416A5 uppers.

And if the platform was soooo great.... How come it bigger brother wasn't selected for the CSASS?

And for that matter, if Sig's suppressors were so good, how come the ones delivered under the LVAW program were pretty much thrown into storage?

Yeah... can't say that I'm not happy to see the M11-A1s head off to DRMO and be replaced by G19s
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

AR lower kits and barrels just started shipping. Osage County Guns has them in stock. (according to their site)
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

jesus dude you got sand in your clit?  I've had zero issues with either of my new sig platforms.  The only beef I had was the wait on tele stocks. Other than that zero issues. The parts you seek are trickling out. Did you even intend to buy any of these parts you're bitching about not being available?  I kind of doubt it being that you mentioned different length barrels and handguards. If that was something you were actually interested in you would have SBR'd your MCX in the mean time. As for the caliber exchange kits?  Dude you had a 300 blk and 5.56 in your hands already. You just sound like one of those whiney little bitches nobody wants as a customer because you're never satisfied. I'm sure you will be sorely missed by Sig.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah... I like Osage because they're a Mil/LE dealer, but I'd call to make sure they're actually in stock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

jesus dude you got sand in your clit?  I've had zero issues with either of my new sig platforms.  The only beef I had was the wait on tele stocks. Other than that zero issues. The parts you seek are trickling out. Did you even intend to buy any of these parts you're bitching about not being available?  I kind of doubt it being that you mentioned different length barrels and handguards. If that was something you were actually interested in you would have SBR'd your MCX in the mean time. As for the caliber exchange kits?  Dude you had a 300 blk and 5.56 in your hands already. You just sound like one of those whiney little bitches nobody wants as a customer because you're never satisfied. I'm sure you will be sorely missed by Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

I actually cancelled my pending orders for an 11.5"  Barrel, wide hand guards and AR lower adaptor after they were 6 months late on their promised delivery dates.

So yeah, GFYM (I hope you enjoy thirds)
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I actually cancelled my pending orders for an 11.5"  Barrel, wide hand guards and AR lower adaptor after they were 6 months late on their promised delivery dates.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

I feel sorry for people like you.  Oh, wait.....no I don't.  Maybe guns and the internet aren't for you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No  I won't but one, ever. Primarily because I was lied to by Sig. The only time I will use this is if it makes it into SOPMOD. until then, for personal use, I have my HK416A5 uppers.

And if the platform was soooo great.... How come it bigger brother wasn't selected for the CSASS?

And for that matter, if Sig's suppressors were so good, how come the ones delivered under the LVAW program were pretty much thrown into storage?

Yeah... can't say that I'm not happy to see the M11-A1s head off to DRMO and be replaced by G19s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

So much you don't know
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

Fucking wana be internet commandos.  You will base your buying decisions off if product A gets picked up for use by agency x  And where do you get your info?  Airsoft forums?  Dude get lost unless you're going to contribute something around here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Says the dolt who pays to be part of an Internet forum.

That's called irony

GFYM
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I called Sig a few days ago, they said the barrel kits should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Only thing I was told isn't being offered at this point is the Black Mamba handguards.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I called Sig a few days ago, they said the barrel kits should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Only thing I was told isn't being offered at this point is the Black Mamba handguards.
View Quote

Yeah, I've heard that "a few weeks" line from Joe's buddies Mike and Adam at Sig plenty of times. In fact, Mike Wood said that he'd read this thread so, who knows, maybe he is Joe.

Well, now that Sig lost out on the CSASS proposal and the MCX and their cans aren't being adopted and procured at the levels they anticipated, maybe they'll have time to service the consumer market in an effort to save themselves lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#22]
<Warning sent. Stop instigating.> ~TCBA_Joe
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I had heard good word that they have product numbers for the "Black Mamba Hand guards" that are suppressor capable.  I was told that the parts will start shipping end of May.  I wouldn't be to surprised if they are hard to come by first with out a pre-order.  I haven't seen a MCX stay on the shelves of any of the fun shops in my area.  The platform is just very popular.  It just about gets the most attention when I bring it out to the range.  My only problem that I have with the damn thing, is feeding it.  Seriously 300blk subs, are giggle & a half, but topping off those mags at the start of a range trip makes my wallet cry.

FA

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I'm sure if I would've known a year ago that it was going to take a year and change before I'd even begin to think about mounting it on an M4 lower and another 6 months after that until I could even hope to see the 11.5" barrels I would've waited.

But a year ago I was told all would be available by September 2015.

Then in October 2015 I was told by December 2015... "For sure"

Then in January 2016 I was told by March 2016 at the latest.

So, are the uppers available, maybe. Does that do you any good if you want to run it as an SBR? No.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, I'm sure if I would've known a year ago that it was going to take a year and change before I'd even begin to think about mounting it on an M4 lower and another 6 months after that until I could even hope to see the 11.5" barrels I would've waited.

But a year ago I was told all would be available by September 2015.

Then in October 2015 I was told by December 2015... "For sure"

Then in January 2016 I was told by March 2016 at the latest.

So, are the uppers available, maybe. Does that do you any good if you want to run it as an SBR? No.
View Quote

That's a normal problem with the firearms industry though.. everything moves extremely slow. To be fair, Sig has started shipping the MCX pistols, so I'd assume that uppers aren't too far behind. 2015 was a big year of them getting products out... MCX's shipped, with the dual barrels to Cabelas, then they changed out some stuff and shipped updated versions in 300BLK and 556. MCX pistols are shipping, uppers and barrels are shipping, stocks shipped. Not to mention that the MPX went through changes and now the Gen2s are out there in both pistol and rifle. This stuff takes time, I'm not saying that you're wrong and that the wait isn't a bit ridiculous, but the product is coming out. There are far too many companies that promise product and NEVER deliver... I'm looking at you Bushmaster..

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Wait these weren't available September 2015?!  My Form 1 is lying to me then...    I will admit I didn't get "ballsy" and shoot it on my sbr'd lower until after the other guy posted here on the forum.  A buddy of mine and I even made a little shim for the gap.  It was ugly but it shot okay.  

I have to say Sig is beating Bushmaster hands done for parts available.  But BM is no where near as bad as the shrike or fortis guys...  those guys suffered the wait for years.  The MDR Forum is actually speculating on when there new toy is going to drop to market.  Seems like as good intentions go with getting stuff to market, SIG isn't doing to bad, and ahead of a lot of their peers.  The MCX isn't even their only release, I mean they got the whole Legion series, MPX lines, and the MCX (H?) in the works.  

anyways...

Anyone off hand know the LOP of the KM stock?  I'm debating on picking one up, I LOVE the collapsible but it's a little small.

FA
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:28:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wait these weren't available September 2015?!  My Form 1 is lying to me then...    I will admit I didn't get "ballsy" and shoot it on my sbr'd lower until after the other guy posted here on the forum.  A buddy of mine and I even made a little shim for the gap.  It was ugly but it shot okay.  

I have to say Sig is beating Bushmaster hands done for parts available.  But BM is no where near as bad as the shrike or fortis guys...  those guys suffered the wait for years.  The MDR Forum is actually speculating on when there new toy is going to drop to market.  Seems like as good intentions go with getting stuff to market, SIG isn't doing to bad, and ahead of a lot of their peers.  The MCX isn't even their only release, I mean they got the whole Legion series, MPX lines, and the MCX (H?) in the works.  

anyways...

Anyone off hand know the LOP of the KM stock?  I'm debating on picking one up, I LOVE the collapsible but it's a little small.

FA
View Quote

They are the same size fully extended. 9 1/4"  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I will admit I didn't get "ballsy" and shoot it on my sbr'd lower until after the other guy posted here on the forum.  A buddy of mine and I even made a little shim for the gap.  It was ugly but it shot okay.

FA
View Quote

Pics or it didn't happen
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope this is true. Have one back ordered.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I haven't checked into this thread for some time but I revisited the Sig website and was surprised to see the 1:6 and 1:5 .300 BLK twist rates for the rifle/SBR's respectively. Those are the tightest twists I've seen on any .300BLK barrel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I haven't checked into this thread for some time but I revisited the Sig website and was surprised to see the 1:6 and 1:5 .300 BLK twist rates for the rifle/SBR's respectively. Those are the tightest twists I've seen on any .300BLK barrel.
View Quote

It's to stabilize the ogive on the 7"  when suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

anyways...

FA

that's a bit of a bummer.  Thanks for the info

FA
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different barrel lengths
Caliber exchange kits
Different hand guards
Upper Receiver Kits
AR lower adapters.

Just like the ACR.

What's the story there?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd like to know as well. Guessing you think you have the inside scoop from your job...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone have an idea how much the SBR upper will be?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Think it was about 465 with my 20% off.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Roll,

Did you call for your upper or was it actually on the web site at some point?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Looking to add a 7.62x39 to the roster.  Any idea when this vaporware is slated for release?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Roll,

Did you call for your upper or was it actually on the web site at some point?
View Quote

Had to call.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre-order, or are they shipping yet?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre-order, as far as I know they are not shipping yet.

And just to clarify by upper I mean the conversion kit with hand guard, barrel, and what not. Not an actual full complete upper.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And just to clarify by upper I mean the conversion kit with hand guard, barrel, and what not. Not an actual full complete upper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm scraping my pennies together to buy one.  They told me that they wouldn't charge me until it ships, but I'm not a big fan of not knowing when it will ship.  My Form 1 has been approved for awhile now, though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#43]

You know how I know that photo is staged and not for an operational rifle?

Any MCX with standard handguard and the remote switch for the light on the top rail is no bueno for anyone except for people with giant hands.

The standard MCX rail is WAY too tall and the tape switch needs to go on the sides.

I hope the new rails are less deep.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Any MCX with standard handguard and the remote switch for the light on the top rail is no bueno for anyone except for people with giant hands.

The standard MCX rail is WAY too tall and the tape switch needs to go on the sides.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe you just have small hands .
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Are you saying that is a photo shop pic? If you are, you are mistaken. I have the same exact 11.5" upper.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hahaha. Sorry you have little hands. I run this all day. You should see some of the stuff I'm not authorized to make public yet. Staged... Haha. Some people don't realize that I'm a shooter THEN I take photos. Photography isn't even my profession
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haha yeah I don't have the MCX anymore but I shot mine with the thumb over bore grip many times. I always thought I had average size hands but know I know they are giant

Now the Scar may be a little too tall for my liking.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Hahaha. Sorry you have little hands. I run this all day. You should see some of the stuff I'm not authorized to make public yet. Staged... Haha. Some people don't realize that I'm a shooter THEN I take photos. Photography isn't even my profession
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The MCX handguard in my experience (I wear large gloves) is too tall to use the same grip as on an AR15 and still reach the light if its mounted on the top.

The only way around it is to use an overhand Costa/Haley/Rhodesia 1969 grip, which is not ideal and plain wrong when it comes to CQB/SWAT.

My profession allows me some interesting connections to Sig, I have the only two UK Police Counter Terrorism MCX's in the USA sat here (as far as I know).

From a consistency point of view, I would expect to be able to use exactly the same front hand, back hand and head eye position as I do with every AR-15, that is simply not possible (front hand changes) on the MCX platform due to the deep grip.

I've communicated that up the chain, and apparently the suppressor hand-guard fixes the issue but due to what I'm doing, I need to stick with the SAS/UK issue configuration right now.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The MCX handguard in my experience (I wear large gloves) is too tall to use the same grip as on an AR15 and still reach the light if its mounted on the top.

The only way around it is to use an overhand Costa/Haley/Rhodesia 1969 grip, which is not ideal and plain wrong when it comes to CQB/SWAT.

My profession allows me some interesting connections to Sig, I have the only two UK Police Counter Terrorism MCX's in the USA sat here (as far as I know).

From a consistency point of view, I would expect to be able to use exactly the same front hand, back hand and head eye position as I do with every AR-15, that is simply not possible (front hand changes) on the MCX platform due to the deep grip.

I've communicated that up the chain, and apparently the suppressor hand-guard fixes the issue but due to what I'm doing, I need to stick with the SAS/UK issue configuration right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have thumbs. Just got in from the range and shot my MCX. No issues here grabbing ahold of the rail like its my bitch. So can we see some shots of your MCX's you have
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anything been said about if or when the FDE models wil be out?
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top