BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL that's insane. That'll shut up the "Herpaderp mah spaaaaaaaares" 'tards.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmyluo3aT0Y

I'm assuming you guys have all seen this. Also, he throws the MCX upper on a BCM lower and it rocks and rolls, which was nuts. Also, I'm kind of finding myself wondering if a regular vanilla AR bolt could be used in the MCX in a pinch?

Seriously, an MCX Pistol Kit with a CF MLOK handguard is gonna set my visa right on fire.

Yes, it will.

Glad to see that actually works putting an MCX upper on an AR lower with no modifications. I wasn't willing to test that out myself.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Glad to see that actually works putting an MCX upper on an AR lower with no modifications. I wasn't willing to test that out myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmyluo3aT0Y

I'm assuming you guys have all seen this. Also, he throws the MCX upper on a BCM lower and it rocks and rolls, which was nuts. Also, I'm kind of finding myself wondering if a regular vanilla AR bolt could be used in the MCX in a pinch?

Seriously, an MCX Pistol Kit with a CF MLOK handguard is gonna set my visa right on fire.

Yes, it will.

And I'm still not lol!  He has some nads for sure.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to know what that "caution" marking is for.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I want to know what that "caution" marking is for.
View Quote
it probably means "dont shoot if you can see this" lol

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
True. There are reasons to leave it a pistol though.

1. Maybe you live in a state where you can't have an SBR.
2. You travel a lot from state to state and don't want to have to file forms each time.
3. You want to carry it as a backpack or sling pack gun in a state that only allows pistols to be carried concealed.
4. You don't want to be "on the list".

That being said, I would love to have an 11" pistol with extended handguard. I wish I could get a medium profile 11" and get Adco to profile the muzzle to take my Ops Inc suppressor. That would be the bomb. But I know alternate barrel profiles aren't on the menu yet.

View Quote

Yes the nice thing about the pistol would being able to take it to any of the 50 states without filling out a form. You are still out of luck with a suppressor for it though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Anyone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone plans on cutting their MCX barrel down, I would like to have the cut piece with the taper for a project I am doing. I will pay a few bucks and shipping for it. Thank you.

Anyone?

I just got my gun so I havnt filed the form 1 yet. When I do I assume it will be at least 4 months till I get it back. At that point I will probably be able to find spare barrels. If not I will not be sending it to the people in the link that charge like $265 to cut and thread it when adco does it for like $65. Sorry just not worth it since the barrel costs less than $265 to begin with.

Either way I will look this thread up then and see if you still need one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes the nice thing about the pistol would being able to take it to any of the 50 states without filling out a form. You are still out of luck with a suppressor for it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
True. There are reasons to leave it a pistol though.

1. Maybe you live in a state where you can't have an SBR.
2. You travel a lot from state to state and don't want to have to file forms each time.
3. You want to carry it as a backpack or sling pack gun in a state that only allows pistols to be carried concealed.
4. You don't want to be "on the list".

That being said, I would love to have an 11" pistol with extended handguard. I wish I could get a medium profile 11" and get Adco to profile the muzzle to take my Ops Inc suppressor. That would be the bomb. But I know alternate barrel profiles aren't on the menu yet.

No ATF Form 5320.20 is needed to travel with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Talked to adco and they said it falls under the non ar barrel. So it's $140. Still not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, the good news about that is I guess the 5.56 guys without taper adapters could have Adco cut a 16" down to ~14.5" with a hard shoulder and pin and weld their mounts.

Since the barrels pull out, there isn't as big a reason to *not* pin and weld like there would be on a traditional AR-15.

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
SD8A8585-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
SD8A8579-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Talked to adco and they said it falls under the non ar barrel. So it's $140. Still not a bad deal.
View Quote

$140 to cut and thread a barrel that takes less than 5 minutes to remove from the receiver? They are yanking money out of your pocket and shoving it in theirs.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

$140 to cut and thread a barrel that takes less than 5 minutes to remove from the receiver? They are yanking money out of your pocket and shoving it in theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well worth it. Check out the MPX/MCX photo thread for a pic of my MPX they did. I'm very happy with the outcome.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#14]
What's the consensus on accuracy? I've read where folks have gotten sub-moa but do not believe it (ie. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/10/foghorn/gun-review-sig-sauer-mcx). The best I can do with a PA 1-6X is 1" at 100 yards if I don't count a flyer (5 shot groups) - and there are almost always flyers. This is with XM193 and Wolf Gold. Count the flyer and then it's 2.5"+. Same scope on my SCAR16 and same ammo is less than and up to 1" groups - and more consistent groupings/patterns - so I know it isn't me. I guess I shouldn't put this on par with my 16 and take it for what it is. I did buy the MCX for the modularity aspect so I can eventually have it in 7.62x39...shrug...
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Any word on shorter MCX handguards and barrels? I'm really getting the itch to send my barrel off but I have no handguard without cutting mine down, which I refuse to do.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's the consensus on accuracy? I've read where folks have gotten sub-moa but do not believe it (ie. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/10/foghorn/gun-review-sig-sauer-mcx). The best I can do with a PA 1-6X is 1" at 100 yards if I don't count a flyer (5 shot groups) - and there are almost always flyers. This is with XM193 and Wolf Gold. Count the flyer and then it's 2.5"+. Same scope on my SCAR16 and same ammo is less than and up to 1" groups - and more consistent groupings/patterns - so I know it isn't me. I guess I shouldn't put this on par with my 16 and take it for what it is. I did buy the MCX for the modularity aspect so I can eventually have it in 7.62x39...shrug...
View Quote

He was using match ammo in the review so that is a factor.

1" with Xm193 or Wolf gold is pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I know..and he had a flyer as well (though claimed as shooter error). My pattern is very similar to his with 3 or four close to each other and either one or two flyers, which I can't seem to escape and are happening more than usual. Any one else experiencing this? I thought it might be the barrel getting loose between shots but I've torqued mine down and marked the screws with a paint pen and they haven't moved. I'll go out again this time with a lead sled and see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
In for the results from the sled.

I'm wanting an MCX, but waiting for the normal Sig startup bugs to be worked out.

Plus I'm hoping they do something with the MCX in the Legion series.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In for the results from the sled.

I'm wanting an MCX, but waiting for the normal Sig startup bugs to be worked out.

Plus I'm hoping they do something with the MCX in the Legion series.
View Quote

I'm waiting for another rail option other than keymod. Just can't warm up to it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:57:25 AM EDT
[#20]
If you guys want a rail other than KM send me your rails for R&D purposes lol.

I have access to the MLOK TDP. Unless SIG can provide handguard dimensions.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I've decided to get one... for my wife .  You know, since it's so light at all

I've seen them on GB from 1400ish - 1750ish.  Any particular reason some are higher than others besides wanting more margin?  Any other place to look for them?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally got my MCX out to the range today. I am running a Leupold Mark AR with BDC turrets. I wish I had gone with a 1-6 instead of the 1-4 but I'll make it work.  The MCX ran flawless both suppressed and Unsuppressed. Got a lot of comments on the gun. I think it's a keeper.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
What suppressor are you running? How was your point of impact?  And what where your groups?  Any pictures of the 1-4 on the rifle?

Quoted:
Finally got my MCX out to the range today. I am running a Leupold Mark AR with BDC turrets. I wish I had gone with a 1-6 instead of the 1-4 but I'll make it work.  The MCX ran flawless both suppressed and Unsuppressed. Got a lot of comments on the gun. I think it's a keeper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What suppressor are you running? How was your point of impact?  And what where your groups?  Any pictures of the 1-4 on the rifle?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm running a M1000. My POI on it is spot on with my zero. Wish I could say the same for my SDN6. The groups where sub moa if I did my part or got lucky. It's tough shooting accurately with a 4x at 100. I'll throw up a pic later. Stand by.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm running a M1000. My POI on it is spot on with my zero. Wish I could say the same for my SDN6. The groups where sub moa if I did my part or got lucky. It's tough shooting accurately with a 4x at 100. I'll throw up a pic later. Stand by.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

" />
" />
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know of a place cheaper than adco?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/600RRJOE/Mobile%20Uploads/9D3F6C44-4DB8-4217-AF37-1329E2A4B639.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/600RRJOE/Mobile%20Uploads/2B9AEC2B-F53F-44E6-A02B-8DB33C4A6EE9.jpg</a>" />

Looks good!  Any issue gettInn your muzzle device off? Noticed you changed the grip too, are you still running  He stock trigger?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/600RRJOE/Mobile%20Uploads/9D3F6C44-4DB8-4217-AF37-1329E2A4B639.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/600RRJOE/Mobile%20Uploads/2B9AEC2B-F53F-44E6-A02B-8DB33C4A6EE9.jpg</a>" />

Do you need an adapter or anything for the AAC mounts? I'd like an MCX, and this is the one big question left on my mind.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Do you need an adapter or anything for the AAC mounts? I'd like an MCX, and this is the one big question left on my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

nope.  mount will screw right on to the barrel

SD8A7309-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Looks good!  Any issue gettInn your muzzle device off? Noticed you changed the grip too, are you still running  He stock trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The muzzle would not come off. I even tried soaking it overnight. I had to dremel it off in arfcom fashion.  As far as the grip I run K2's on everything. Yes it's the stock trigger. The reset is horrid btw. I plan on swaping in a tricon once the Black Friday sales hit or a larue  trigger if I win one during the 50 days giveaway.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#31]
The factory flash hider on my MCX came off no problem. Wasn't torqued on tight at all.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The factory flash hider on my MCX came off no problem. Wasn't torqued on tight at all.
View Quote

Yeah mine was easy to take off too.  My MPX was easy as well.  I think most don't have the rights tools and set up to do their own modifications.  That has to be the reason why I've been reading that few are having trouble.  There's no need for a dremel.  A little heat? Maybe
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#33]
What stock option are available? The folder rips my beard out and I really dont like how it offers about no cheek weld.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What stock option are available? The folder rips my beard out and I really dont like how it offers about no cheek weld.
View Quote

Sounds like junk you should sell it to me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of stock still need to give you the jamomatics stock to you. I havent even got to shoot it yet just got done putting a new trigger in it and adding all the fun stuff to it but the folder has to go.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Speaking of stock still need to give you the jamomatics stock to you. I havent even got to shoot it yet just got done putting a new trigger in it and adding all the fun stuff to it but the folder has to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Folder and c-stock are all so far.  We will have a couple of other styles coming out soon.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#37]
When is the complete 300BLK rifle or SBR coming out? Don't need or want another 556.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When is the complete 300BLK rifle or SBR coming out? Don't need or want another 556.
View Quote

Soon
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Soon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon

How soon? I have had an MCX 11.5" SBR on order for 3 months now through my Sig LE dealer and still nothing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How soon? I have had an MCX 11.5" SBR on order for 3 months now through my Sig LE dealer and still nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon

Even if they were shipping, you're barely outside the window for F3 right now.  

Understand that we want to ship stuff just as bad, or more so, than everyone that wants/has ordered.  But, we also have to fulfill Mil/LEO contracts for these guns (their original application and design was around these contracts).  The guys/gals in engineering, design, manufacturing, etc are busting their hump to get stuff out the door to fill the long backorder list.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Understand that we want to ship stuff just as bad, or more so, than everyone that wants/has ordered.  But, we also have to fulfill Mil/LEO contracts for these guns (their original application and design was around these contracts).  The guys/gals in engineering, design, manufacturing, etc are busting their hump to get stuff out the door to fill the long backorder list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon

This is a LEO order and 3 months later not even a hint of a serial number to even do the F3. So this is normal then?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is a LEO order and 3 months later not even a hint of a serial number to even do the F3. So this is normal then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soon

I'm not in LE Sales, so I have no idea what their BO log looks like.  I do know that we in Commercial do not have kit guns, as of yet.  Now, we are usually the last to play (which is how it works, that's OK), but either way, that's not relevant to your LE order.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the info, hopefully it will be available soon.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Folder and c-stock are all so far.  We will have a couple of other styles coming out soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. Is something like a ACR or SCAR stock possibly in the works?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. Is something like a ACR or SCAR stock possibly in the works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to my knowledge/I have seen any styles similar to those in design.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#47]
They need something more comfortable. Since when are options bad?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

There will be more options than what you've seen - i've seen/used them and if you look around the interwebz, there are pictures of options that will be coming to market soon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There will be more options than what you've seen - i've seen/used them and if you look around the interwebz, there are pictures of options that will be coming to market soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome thank you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top