User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the response and the video.  

That's very interesting.  

Any other pros and cons that you have seen with your MCX so far?

Have you seen the MPX review/comparison on the Military Arms Channel?    Scorpion EVO vs Sig MPX - Which would I choose?  

He really, really goes on about the gas blow back he experienced shooting the weapon.   While that is the MPX and you have the MCX, I am glad you are not experiencing the same gas issues.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That seems to vary per person - I have to wear glasses all the time anyways, so I'm less affected than most. The short answer is there was some blowback but it was definitely the best suppressed gun I've shot as far as blowback goes. A few days earlier we shot a AAC MPW 300blk with the Omega (traditional DI gas system) that had TONS of gas blowback, it literally felt like ammonia going into your eyes, especially if you were stupid enough not to wear eyepro. Adding a PRI gas buster charging handle helped mitigate blowback to a certain degree, but not much. In one of my other videos I fired the Omega on an LMT CQB MRP piston upper. There was some blowback, not as bad as the AAC MPW, but not quite as good as the MCX.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fJuVbLEZO0

Ugh! I tried to embed the youtube video like the cooler guys on this forum but I apparently didn't do it right!

That's very interesting.  

Have you seen the MPX review/comparison on the Military Arms Channel?    Scorpion EVO vs Sig MPX - Which would I choose?  

He really, really goes on about the gas blow back he experienced shooting the weapon.   While that is the MPX and you have the MCX, I am glad you are not experiencing the same gas issues.  

I haven't really noticed significant blowback with either the MCX or MPX. I have been using a small can with a 4.5" barrel though, so that may have something to do with it. I did notice it was sending brass pretty damn far in the distance last time I had it out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Knoxp9090
I'm using the Silencerco .30 flash hider with the ASR QD mount. I apologize but my memory is a bit fuzzy on whether or not I ended up installing the taper adapter or not - I remember calling Sig and asking for one, since it wasn't included with my "pistol" when I bought it from Cabelas - but I can't remember if I actually needed it or not. I may have tightened/red loctited it directly to the tapered barrel since the flash hider doesn't need to be timed like the muzzle brake, and it bottomed out flush just fine. On the 5.56 barrel I didn't do anything yet since I found out the Omega is not rated for a 9" barrel. I may sell my 9" barrel and get a 11.5" (once they become available)so I don't void my warranty from Silencerco.
When they first came out at Cabelas - I called around to the stores that were closest to me until I found the "pistol" with the Sig Brace and two barrels. Had them hold it for me, and drove down to get it. I form 1 the lower and took the Arm Brace out of the folding stock knuckle since it accepts a standard AR tube and put a BCM collapsible stock on it.
I've done one carbine class with it and ran it hard using 5.56 and it ran flawlessly.

Here are some of the upgrades that I've done so far:
Geissle 3GS trigger
Magpul+ Rubber pistol grip
BCM Stock
BCM KAG
BCM Keymod Covers
Phase 5 bad lever - Yes it does fit perfectly, but it renders your AMBI mag catch almost unusable due to it's location. Though I was willing to make this trade-off since I've grown too used to being able to lock the bolt back with weak hand and leave primary on fire control during firing/loading/unloading.
View Quote

Great to know,  thanks for the details.  If you happen to remember I am certainly interested in knowing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have a line on who has the MCX pistols, preferably the kit, available?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]

That's very interesting.  

Have you seen the MPX review/comparison on the Military Arms Channel?    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0rEazh1kI]Scorpion EVO vs Sig MPX - Which would I choose?  

TheTaxMonkey
You're welcome - this is a lot of fun, its neat to have one of these, so far I havent had any buyers remorse...hopefully it stays that way!

Yes - I have seen Tims video on the Military Arms Channel (one of my favorite channels) I was literally going "no no no!" at the screen when he chose the Scorpion. I respect him alot but I heartily disagree with his choice. I have no doubt the Scorpion is great - but I think the MPX is a better platform to mod and improve. That gun is the closest we are going to get as far as an HK MP5 unless we are an SOT or in the Mil/LEO community. At least for me, I think I would rather have almost limitless modularity and deal with a little gas blowback than be stuck with the Scorpion "as is". Dont like the trigger? Too bad, so sad, and the list goes on and on.  Im not knocking the Scorpion (for those who have one) I'm just saying despite the possible issues of the MPX (charging handle scratches, gas blowback etc) I'm confident that if Sig doesnt effectively correct tthese issues, the aftermarket manufacturing community will. We've seen that happen with a lot of firearm designs in the past (SCAR, AR, AK etc) and its only benefitted us the consumers. If a design has a slight flaw etc, companies will pop up that will take an already great design and put the final finishing touches on it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted from TheTaxMonkey  

Pros/Cons of MCX:
Pro - Weight, lightest weight of all my guns, even with accessories installed.
Compatibility across other rifle patterns.
I definitely like MCX ability to reuse a lot of the parts/magazines that I currently have, being that I'm an AR nut. It definitely fit the purpose I had in mind when I wanted to find a rifle platform that would shoot 5.56 and shoot it well since that's primarily what I would be feeding it. I also wanted the ability to shoot quiet and take advantage of 300blk. However, since it wasn't going to be the primary caliber, I didnt want to buy a dedicated rifle chambered in 300blk since it would only be a part time caliber. I also wanted to avoid a DI gas system since I knew I wanted to buy a suppressor and shoot with minimal junk blowing back at me. I didn't know of any otther rifle than the MCX, that was piston and chambered in 300blk. I have two piston ARs from LMT but LMT does not make a piston drive 300blk barrel. If I wanted to shoot 300blk with my LMTs I would have to switch them back to DI definitely not preferred.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Cons -  The jury is still out on the front handguard/gas system on the rifle. I see now that Sig is issuing a non-self adjusting gas systems on their new rifles/pistols. I have noticed that the front of the rifle does get hot, and I have to be mindful of where I place my weak hand during sustained firing. I hope to take more classes with it to really see what is going to work and what isnt. I will be anxious to see if it devolops any issues with the non-adjustable gas system.
I wouldnt say this is necessarily a CON persay - but I hope Sig gets caught up with the accessory side of the house - the whole point of this new rifle is modularity, what is the point of having the ability to accept 5 different stock types if they arent available? I recognize this is temporary problem though.
Availability of keymod mounts that are usable on the MCX. This is a minor problem and is symptomatic of the aftermarket not caught up yet - but I've found that keymod mounts that work fine on an AR (BCM keymod rail for instance) dont work on the MCX because the handguard is different. I like the flashlight mounts that hugg the rail as close as possible - since most AR rails are octagon in shape, there is a place for the flashlight "to fit" at the 11 or 1 o'clock position. This is not the case with the MCX and I will have to come up with something different in order to mount a Surefire Scout in the same fashion as on my ARs.
These are the only cons I can think of at the moment - I honestly need to run it longer to see how things shake out over time
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Great to know,  thanks for the details.  If you happen to remember I am certainly interested in knowing.
View Quote

On my .300blk barrel I did not need the taper adapter since I used the flash hider muzzle device. I could be wrong on this - but it didnt seem necessary to have the taper adapter if you werent needing to "time" the muzzle device. I have been running without it so far without issue. If someone tells me this is bad - ill change it.

I have pictures of this - but still learning the site and how to post them...sighs
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

On my .300blk barrel I did not need the taper adapter since I used the flash hider muzzle device. I could be wrong on this - but it didnt seem necessary to have the taper adapter if you werent needing to "time" the muzzle device. I have been running without it so far without issue. If someone tells me this is bad - ill change it.

I have pictures of this - but still learning the site and how to post them...sighs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great to hear.  I order my Specwar Flash Hiders and plan to mount directly against the taper.  I called Silencer Co and they said to wait for adapter, but I can't help but testing it out.  Mount up with the flash hider and check for alignment in the can.  I am hoping the spare .300 barrels will be available sooner than later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Great to hear.  I order my Specwar Flash Hiders and plan to mount directly against the taper.  I called Silencer Co and they said to wait for adapter, but I can't help but testing it out.  Mount up with the flash hider and check for alignment in the can.  I am hoping the spare .300 barrels will be available sooner than later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anyone have a picture of this barrel adapter?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I haven't really noticed significant blowback with either the MCX or MPX. I have been using a small can with a 4.5" barrel though, so that may have something to do with it. I did notice it was sending brass pretty damn far in the distance last time I had it out.
View Quote

I am glad to hear that about your experience with the gas blowback.      I wonder what modifications could be made to the charging handle to further reduce gasses escaping into the shooters face for people such as Tim who are having problems.

How is the 4.5" barrel when it comes to accuracy and noise reduction with a suppressor?  

Hopefully the brass ejection does't play havoc with collection and reloading.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TheTaxMonkey
You're welcome - this is a lot of fun, its neat to have one of these, so far I havent had any buyers remorse...hopefully it stays that way!

Yes - I have seen Tims video on the Military Arms Channel (one of my favorite channels) I was literally going "no no no!" at the screen when he chose the Scorpion. I respect him alot but I heartily disagree with his choice. I have no doubt the Scorpion is great - but I think the MPX is a better platform to mod and improve. That gun is the closest we are going to get as far as an HK MP5 unless we are an SOT or in the Mil/LEO community. At least for me, I think I would rather have almost limitless modularity and deal with a little gas blowback than be stuck with the Scorpion "as is". Dont like the trigger? Too bad, so sad, and the list goes on and on.  Im not knocking the Scorpion (for those who have one) I'm just saying despite the possible issues of the MPX (charging handle scratches, gas blowback etc) I'm confident that if Sig doesnt effectively correct tthese issues, the aftermarket manufacturing community will. We've seen that happen with a lot of firearm designs in the past (SCAR, AR, AK etc) and its only benefitted us the consumers. If a design has a slight flaw etc, companies will pop up that will take an already great design and put the final finishing touches on it.

Pros/Cons of MCX:
Pro - Weight, lightest weight of all my guns, even with accessories installed.
Compatibility across other rifle patterns.
I definitely like MCX ability to reuse a lot of the parts/magazines that I currently have, being that I'm an AR nut. It definitely fit the purpose I had in mind when I wanted to find a rifle platform that would shoot 5.56 and shoot it well since that's primarily what I would be feeding it. I also wanted the ability to shoot quiet and take advantage of 300blk. However, since it wasn't going to be the primary caliber, I didnt want to buy a dedicated rifle chambered in 300blk since it would only be a part time caliber. I also wanted to avoid a DI gas system since I knew I wanted to buy a suppressor and shoot with minimal junk blowing back at me. I didn't know of any otther rifle than the MCX, that was piston and chambered in 300blk. I have two piston ARs from LMT but LMT does not make a piston drive 300blk barrel. If I wanted to shoot 300blk with my LMTs I would have to switch them back to DI definitely not preferred.

Cons -  The jury is still out on the front handguard/gas system on the rifle. I see now that Sig is issuing a non-self adjusting gas systems on their new rifles/pistols. I have noticed that the front of the rifle does get hot, and I have to be mindful of where I place my weak hand during sustained firing. I hope to take more classes with it to really see what is going to work and what isnt. I will be anxious to see if it devolops any issues with the non-adjustable gas system.
I wouldnt say this is necessarily a CON persay - but I hope Sig gets caught up with the accessory side of the house - the whole point of this new rifle is modularity, what is the point of having the ability to accept 5 different stock types if they arent available? I recognize this is temporary problem though.
Availability of keymod mounts that are usable on the MCX. This is a minor problem and is symptomatic of the aftermarket not caught up yet - but I've found that keymod mounts that work fine on an AR (BCM keymod rail for instance) dont work on the MCX because the handguard is different. I like the flashlight mounts that hugg the rail as close as possible - since most AR rails are octagon in shape, there is a place for the flashlight "to fit" at the 11 or 1 o'clock position. This is not the case with the MCX and I will have to come up with something different in order to mount a Surefire Scout in the same fashion as on my ARs.
These are the only cons I can think of at the moment - I honestly need to run it longer to see how things shake out over time
View Quote

I had the same reaction when he started in on which he would choose.  

I do not have any hands on experience with either the SIG MCX/MPX or the Scorpion however I agree with your logic on modularity and eagerly look forward to SIG addressing some of these issues as well as the aftermarket coming up with interesting accessories.    

On the Pros/Cons:  Thank you for that useful information.   I wonder how the keymod problems were overlooked; more so if the geometry of the hand guard was most like a contributing factor?  

I am very curious / interested in the MCX for .300 blackout more so after LWRC had a proposed .300 blackout that was a D.I. (I may be reading too much from that however when a company that specializes in pistons decides to go with D.I. for .300 blackout, I find that interesting).

I enjoyed the two videos you posted.   What are your impressions of the Silencerco Omega with your MCX?  

I am very curious to see the various performance characteristics between barrel length and silencer types.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone have a line on who has the MCX pistols, preferably the kit, available?
View Quote

Wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Shot the MCX yesterday!  It is so sweet it is beyond words.  This is my first pistion rifle and I enjoyed the difference. Accuracy is solid, like the sights, the weight is so balanced.  Rifle is 95% perfect.  Two things- 1 trigger is a brick.  I would guess 8.5lbs min.  2. There is a little upper play in the front pivot pin. If you have seen the rifle in person there is a gap at the rear that Sig managed with a spring detent under the rear pivot pin.  It goes exactly where an accu-wedge would be.  

Anyone else have any play in the front pivot pin?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#14]
MCX is a great shooter and shoots flat. I like it a lot but really waiting for the 11.5" barrel to really make this shine. My connect at Sig says I should be able to mate the upper with my full auto lower with the adapter. Still waiting for my full auto to transfer though :/
MCX stock trigger

I just installed a Geiselle trigger and will be taking it out this weekend
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shot the MCX yesterday!  It is so sweet it is beyond words.  This is my first pistion rifle and I enjoyed the difference. Accuracy is solid, like the sights, the weight is so balanced.  Rifle is 95% perfect.  Two things- 1 trigger is a brick.  I would guess 8.5lbs min.  2. There is a little upper play in the front pivot pin. If you have seen the rifle in person there is a gap at the rear that Sig managed with a spring detent under the rear pivot pin.  It goes exactly where an accu-wedge would be.  

Anyone else have any play in the front pivot pin?
View Quote

First thing I did with mine was replace the trigger with a Geissele 3G. So glad that I did. Now that I have one, I'm considering replacing the triggers in my other guns. I agree also the rifle is very well balanced, I have an LMT piston AR that is front heavy, I definitely noticed the difference between it, and the MCX.
I have not seen extra play in front pivot pin, in fact it was opposite almost being a little too tight.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I am going to replace the trigger at some point.  First will be the Flash hider change out.  I noticed the movement after I had attempted to remove the factory flash hider.  I am guess it was there and I hadn't noticed it, but found it when I put the upper back on the lower.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If the front take down area wobble/play bothers you, use the washers listed below. I used them on my MPX and they work great.

http://triggershims.com/ar_15_shims.html#S23
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I may do the shims, thanks for the link.  On another note I had the Muzzle Break swapped last night.  My gunsmith said he was starting to wonder if he was going to be able to get the Sig one off.  He said the force needed to get it off was really significant.  He ended up using his heat gun to get it off.  He said he was really surprised but how effective the taper lock is. Swapped out the sig flash for the Specwar mount and it seemed to lock up fine on the taper, used a little extra rockset but only torqued to 20ftlbs.  Installed the can and checked for alignment down the barrel and all looks good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I may do the shims, thanks for the link.  On another note I had the Muzzle Break swapped last night.  My gunsmith said he was starting to wonder if he was going to be able to get the Sig one off.  He said the force needed to get it off was really significant.  He ended up using his heat gun to get it off.  He said he was really surprised but how effective the taper lock is. Swapped out the sig flash for the Specwar mount and it seemed to lock up fine on the taper, used a little extra rockset but only torqued to 20ftlbs.  Installed the can and checked for alignment down the barrel and all looks good.
View Quote

That's kind of odd that it took that much force to remove the flash hider. You would think Sig would have just hand tightened it to the taper since the design is made for easy off and on for direct threading of a can. Has anyone else had issues with removing the flash hider? Also anyone seen this taper cap yet for regular shoulder mounting of a flash hider?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's kind of odd that it took that much force to remove the flash hider. You would think Sig would have just hand tightened it to the taper since the design is made for easy off and on for direct threading of a can. Has anyone else had issues with removing the flash hider? Also anyone seen this taper cap yet for regular shoulder mounting of a flash hider?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine required a little force but no need for heat
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Cops66- according to the sig engineer I talked to the taper lock adapter for the 5.56 had not been finalized in their production orders.  Engineering had finished the drawings/design.  He also said he wasn't sure of the timeframe. The .300 blackout taper adapter is or should be readily available.    Not sure why the force was so great on my flash hider.  The flash hider does have a machined taper to match the barrel.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#22]
How does it compare to the 516? I know the 516 is heavier but what else is really different about the two? I have a 516 carbon ts and I love it but I am really itching for the MCX.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How does it compare to the 516? I know the 516 is heavier but what else is really different about the two? I have a 516 carbon ts and I love it but I am really itching for the MCX.
View Quote

Short stroke piston vs gas piston operation.  
Quick change barrel/caliber capabilities (MCX) vs more traditional AR-pattern disassembly
Designed 100% around the suppressed 300BO round (MCX)
Interchangeable/replaceable/hardened traditional wear areas and customizable areas (FA, feed ramps, cam wear path, deflector, CH wear areas)
No buffer system, so ease of changing stocks (folding, collapsible, traditional AR style stock, etc)

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
SSD: AUSA - SIG MCX 7.62x39
This is a 7.62×39 variant of the MCX. Interestingly, it’s fitted with a new folding stock that has been developed for European security forces who wear helmets with ballistic visors. This pairing generally won’t be seen operationally.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_7987.jpg

That's fugly
Agreed, but it serves it's purpose and is usually only an option on HK guns like the MP5, MP7, and G36.

ETA: I'm sure at this point it's pretty obvious SIG is going after the traditional HK buyers who have been purchasing MP5s and G36s.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's fugly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SSD: AUSA - SIG MCX 7.62x39
This is a 7.62×39 variant of the MCX. Interestingly, it’s fitted with a new folding stock that has been developed for European security forces who wear helmets with ballistic visors. This pairing generally won’t be seen operationally.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_7987.jpg

That's fugly

They have their reasons.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Can anyone comment on the performance of the MCX in the 5.56 configuration?

I plan to keep it as is in 5.56, 16" barrel but as I understand the MCX was built around .300 and being a dedicated suppressed rifle. Just don't want to drop money on something that won't utilize its full potential.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I plan to keep it as is in 5.56, 16" barrel but as I understand the MCX was built around .300 and being a dedicated suppressed rifle. Just don't want to drop money on something that won't utilize its full potential.
View Quote

Sure, I have a lot of experience with the MCX/MPX.  It was built around 300BO, but that just makes 556 that much easier.  

If you're worried about the MCX's performance with 556 to be subpar, don't be.  

Are there more specific questions you have?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sure, I have a lot of experience with the MCX/MPX.  It was built around 300BO, but that just makes 556 that much easier.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coregon, where in TN are you located?  maybe time for an MCX shoot
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the recoil impulse similar to an AR?

How clean does it run unsuppressed? I had a Scar 16 and 17 that I sold last year to buy my first house but the one thing you couldn't deny was how clean they ran.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How clean does it run unsuppressed? I had a Scar 16 and 17 that I sold last year to buy my first house but the one thing you couldn't deny was how clean they ran.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shot the 5.56 MCX with 16" barrel and folding stock at the Sig range day during Shot Show. I felt the recoil was the same as an AR and maybe even a little more due to that narrow butt pad on the folding stock. I am hoping the telescoping stock will make it a little better. Now as far as running dirty, If it's anything like my MPX, that thing shoots the dirtiest of any gun I have ever owned. Hopefully the 5.56 round wont be as dirty as the 9mm.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can speak to my MCX.  About 75 rounds in so far.  I noticed significantly cleaner operation within the upper.  Also,  there was "soot" that formed on the front rail near the piston.  My oil in the upper is still clean and clear, I typically run wet.  

As for impulse I think this is going to be subjective.  For me impulse is different than my Daniel defense.  The Daniel weighs just a little bit more, but I feel the impulse is sharper, more snappy if you will. With the MCX I'm not sure how to best define its impulse.  Cops said he though it was a tad stronger.  I may agree with this, but I also know when I drove the rifle it was much smoother.  If you'll watch all the videos online it seems the MCX has a very linear impulse path.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live outside Nashville in Wilson Co.   I travel all over with my box of goodies in tow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say similar, but also different.  With the wire-type stock, it has the effect of a sharper impulse, but it's a flatter impulse, as well.

It runs clean, though it's been months since mine was "clean".  John Hollister has one of our 9" 300BO kit guns that he's shot 98%+ suppressed in 300BO and only cleaned it a handful of times (wipe it off with a paper towel and re-oil).  He's over 40k rounds as of last week.  Alot of that FA, too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I shot the 5.56 MCX with 16" barrel and folding stock at the Sig range day during Shot Show. I felt the recoil was the same as an AR and maybe even a little more due to that narrow butt pad on the folding stock. I am hoping the telescoping stock will make it a little better. Now as far as running dirty, If it's anything like my MPX, that thing shoots the dirtiest of any gun I have ever owned. Hopefully the 5.56 round wont be as dirty as the 9mm.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have collapsible and folding for my MCX/MPX guns, but find myself always sticking with the folders.  I always bring the collapsible when doing a shoot, since a lot of people want to try it on the MPX.  If you're going to shoot a lot, the folder is the way to go, IMO.

We will also have other stock options (eventually).  A couple will have standard buffer tubes (of course, no buffer or spring needed) to accommodate the use of any standard AR stock.  Look for it down the road.  We're still drowning in backorders for complete rifles.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I would say similar, but also different.  With the wire-type stock, it has the effect of a sharper impulse, but it's a flatter impulse, as well.

It runs clean, though it's been months since mine was "clean".  John Hollister has one of our 9" 300BO kit guns that he's shot 98%+ suppressed in 300BO and only cleaned it a handful of times (wipe it off with a paper towel and re-oil).  He's over 40k rounds as of last week.  Alot of that FA, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Any parts break or replaced with that many rounds through it?

I ran my lightweight with a FH, an H2/H3 buffer, and an auto carrier but switched the FH out for a brake because that muzzle always wanted to climb and dip especially when using the H3 being a sub 6lb rifle.

The MCX does appear to have a light carrier/moving mass so it does not have the effects of what I mentioned above?

Have you ran an MCX full auto and how does it compare to an auto AR? I have limited experience with autos but I'm sure you could really tell a difference in auto vs semi.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I ran my lightweight with a FH, an H2/H3 buffer, and an auto carrier but switched the FH out for a brake because that muzzle always wanted to climb and dip especially when using the H3 being a sub 6lb rifle.

The MCX does appear to have a light carrier/moving mass so it does not have the effects of what I mentioned above?

Have you ran an MCX full auto and how does it compare to an auto AR? I have limited experience with autos but I'm sure you could really tell a difference in auto vs semi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, there hasn't be anything replaced on his rifle (or any of our demo rifles, that I know of).  The MCX does have replaceable wear areas (cam wear area, FA and deflector, feed ramps, CH area, etc).

The MCX is very flat shooting.  No significant muzzle flip with any loads I've fired in 556 or 300BO, suppressed or non.

The faster you shoot the rifle, the smoother it seems to get.  I know I have video of myself and others shooting 300BO and 556 in FA, but YouTube has several videos, as well.  In pure FA, magdump style shooting, I think the MCX is flatter, hands down.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You say John Hollister has one of "our" 9"  300BO kit guns. Are you saying you work for Sig Sauer or are you talking about something not related to the MCX?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:46:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing specific I enjoyed reading your other answers and learning more

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You say John Hollister has one of "our" 9"  300BO kit guns. Are you saying you work for Sig Sauer or are you talking about something not related to the MCX?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I live outside Nashville in Wilson Co.   I travel all over with my box of goodies in tow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your box of goodies ever comes towards Knoxville please let me know.  Or if you have anything planned out there I'd love to tag along.  The more I learn about this platform the better.

Quick question,  what is the coating on the bolt now.  Before it looked like NickleBoron, classic silver appearance.  My MCX bolt has a darker finish, so I'm guessing a PVD or ion bond type coating?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quick question,  what is the coating in the bolt now.  Before it looked it NickleBoron, classic silver appearance.  My MCX bolt has a darker finish, so I'm guessing a PVD or ion bond type?
View Quote

Actually this is a concern of mine. Have you guys found problems with NIB and hydrogen embrittlement?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a question.

Do you know when the folding stock will be available for purchase?  I ordered mine in August.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.
I have a question. Does SIG's health insurance cover all the doctor visits you guys have to undergo for maintaining an erection for more than 4 hours after a MCX 300BO suppressed mag dump?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Actually this is a concern of mine. Have you guys found problems with NIB and hydrogen embrittlement?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quick question,  what is the coating in the bolt now.  Before it looked it NickleBoron, classic silver appearance.  My MCX bolt has a darker finish, so I'm guessing a PVD or ion bond type?

It was NiB.  Now it's PVD - same coating that is on our classic series (226, 229, etc) slides, etc

PVD is more consistent in large volume/batches, while NiB is spotty, can tend to stain, etc.  So, not necessarily "problems", just trying to better the product and streamline the manufacturing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have a question. Does SIG's health insurance cover all the doctor visits you guys have to undergo for maintaining an erection for more than 4 hours after a MCX 300BO suppressed mag dump?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Negative.  They also don't provide cigarettes for post-cheerleader orgies.  It's fucking bullshit, actually.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have a question.

Do you know when the folding stock will be available for purchase?  I ordered mine in August.
View Quote

I don't, I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Negative.  They also don't provide cigarettes for post-cheerleader orgies.  It's fucking bullshit, actually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Time for a lunch room suggestion box compliant.  What the heck is "Live Free of Die" if they can't do those few basic needs, yes NEEDS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I've handled a MCX carbine twice now and am thinking of getting one for my next purchase.
One concern I have is how the front sight mounts on the handguard, which slides off the rifle.
Any zero issues?
Also, I've seen a vid where a guy was swapping barrels and he expressed concern over the durability of the way the barrel attaches.
Anyone care to chime in on this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've handled a MCX carbine twice now and am thinking of getting one for my next purchase.
One concern I have is how the front sight mounts on the handguard, which slides off the rifle.
Any zero issues?
Also, I've seen a vid where a guy was swapping barrels and he expressed concern over the durability of the way the barrel attaches.
Anyone care to chime in on this?
View Quote

The top rail is one piece, the hand guard section that slides off is U shaped.  As far as the durability, as long as you don't keep over torquing the screws i don't see an issue.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top