Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2014 12:40:00 AM EDT
Mine is the SBR and I was wondering which height I should be looking at. Haven't had a chance to swap any of mine around on it yet and figured I would just ask.

ETA most likely looking at a T1 or H1 rather than the bigger aimpoint if I go that way.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]

LT-152 co-witnesses nicely with the standard height sights. If you're using the fixed front, the sight picture might be a bit distracting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The sight line is lower than an AR because of the low stock.  Also, the charging handle is pretty close to the underside of the top rail.  For both of those reasons, an Eotech isn't a good fit.  You'll probably be scraping your hand against the overhanging Eotech.  An Aimpoint is better.  I use an AD-68-L mount on my 556 and 551A1.  It co-witnesses with the factory iron sights, with the rear diopter in the "V" position.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sight line is lower than an AR because of the low stock.  Also, the charging handle is pretty close to the underside of the top rail.  For both of those reasons, an Eotech isn't a good fit.  You'll probably be scraping your hand against the overhanging Eotech.  An Aimpoint is better.  I use an AD-68-L mount on my 556 and 551A1.  It co-witnesses with the factory iron sights, with the rear diopter in the "V" position.
View Quote

I agree with every thing this member posted.

Question, how does the AD-68-l compare to the aimpoint factory low mount?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I guess I should have clarified I will probably be going with one of the small aimpoints rather than one of the 30mm dots. Maybe I should put that PRO to use.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a T1 mounted straight to the rail on my 553 clone with the factory low mount and it cowitnessed perfectly with my Aurora sights. I swapped it for a RMR later on as I preferred the triangle dot.

Had I not had my sights installed the T1 straight to the rail with no irons would be very comfortable using the Sig SAN stock. You could even get one of those MFI low flip fronts to use as a point of reference then sight through the dead T1 tube as an emergency BUIS of sorts.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had a T1 mounted straight to the rail on my 553 clone with the factory low mount and it cowitnessed perfectly with my Aurora sights. I swapped it for a RMR later on as I preferred the triangle dot.

Had I not had my sights installed the T1 straight to the rail with no irons would be very comfortable using the Sig SAN stock. You could even get one of those MFI low flip fronts to use as a point of reference then sight through the dead T1 tube as an emergency BUIS of sorts.
View Quote

Are the aurora taller or shorter than stock?? How would the t1 line up with the factory sights if it was in its stock mount.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are the aurora taller or shorter than stock?? How would the t1 line up with the factory sights if it was in its stock mount.
View Quote

The Aurora sights are very close to Sig SAN height, which is much lower / shorter than the  Sig USA diopter height. If you are using Sig USA diopters you will need a riser or a taller mount, without it you will be sighting into the top of the T1.

Edit: But as I said earlier if you can live without a physical rear BUIS and you prefer to only use the MRD you could pull your Sig USA diopters, replace the front with a SAN height MFI flip and directly attach the T1 to the rail. That way you could have the nice low cheekweld on the SAN style folding stock and still have a flipable front post if you needed it.

If I did not have my Auroras that is the arrangement I would most likely be using... but that is mostly because I love the low cheekweld on the SAN style stock. The Sig USA diopters were designed with AR optics in mind and they just sit way too high for my personal tastes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So I guess I should have clarified I will probably be going with one of the small aimpoints rather than one of the 30mm dots. Maybe I should put that PRO to use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AD-68-L is 1.1" above rail, the LT152 is 1.2" above rail.

If you want a Micro, AD T-1 CAS-V is probably the best choice as it sits 1.15" above rail.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn guys I really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does the RMR cowitness? With what mount?

+1 on liking the low sight line with SAN style stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does, perfectly fine with the Aurora sights. I have also pulled the rear off and used it with the hooded front sight to very good effect. To my understanding the Aurora front sight is the same (or very close) to the height of a SAN front sight.

I'm using the regular Trijicon RM33 two screw low mount bolted to a RM08G.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:23:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Aimpoint H1 in the HK height Larue mount works for me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=69458&prev=1

LT-152 co-witnesses nicely with the standard height sights. If you're using the fixed front, the sight picture might be a bit distracting.
View Quote

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=69458&prev=1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top