Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2014 8:17:09 AM EDT
IIRC, It's this month that we're supposed to hear some hopefully good news.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard either.....but I'm thinking sig won. SIG put Batf in a corner with no way out.

I would love to hear someone make an announcement
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Did the suspension of the lawsuit have a deadline for ATF to present their ruling?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm really curious with how this turns out as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
They were supposed to have finished their reconsideration on Aug 6th IIRC.  

Truth be told I'd rather have them spend time on my form 4 than this but I'm still curious as I want one of these like a fat kid wants a chocolate bar.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
ATF again rules the welded on muzzle brake to be a "suppressor."

http://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20140913/NEWS/409130326

Hold onto your seats fellas....   it's going to get bumpy......

The facts appear to me to be on SiG Sauer's side here.  

Potential Upside:  The ATF will have to memorialize definitions of suppressors, machineguns, etc. once and for all.   No more subjective decisions, reversals, etc.  It will be a matter of black & white law.  

Potential Downside:  Sig loses their legal fee investment in this and markets the MPX line without this model.  

Sig has no reason not to continue to go forward.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top