Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2014 2:19:09 AM EDT
Does anyone know this info?  I have called Sig but can't really get a straight answer.  Or anyone have leads as to where I might find this?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
DelTonDude,  I posted in your other thread a couple of times.  Since you currently own a M400, field strip it and look for the stampings.  Post some pics in your thread in ARDiscussions and we will help you determine this by what is marked on your bolt and barrel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In.

?

I own an m400 as well I wanted to tag the thread so I could see the answers.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I bought a Sig Sauer barrel that was by Green Mountain for Sig on Gunbroker. Since I own an M400 this helped. The barrel profile is the same as well the hole on the side of the chamber. Forget what it's called. Anyway, upon looking on the Green Mountain website there is no mention of what you ask. Perhaps if you wish to email Green Mountain maybe they may or may not provide more information.
     Haven't seen them for sale on Gunbroker since.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I called Sig a couple days ago and spoke to Kyle in their customer service department.  He told me he did not know for sure, but asked me to send a list of questions.  He then forwarded it to their engineering dept.  here is his response from today:

"Brad, The material is 4150 it is cold hammer forged. They are pressure tested. I still do not have an answer to the magnetic particle inspection question,

But I will update you when they let me know.

-Kyle"

So I'll keep yall posted.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it even possible to MPI the inside of a barrel?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#8]
According to Kyle, at Sig,  the barrels do not get mpi testing.  So that right there justifies the extra $150 for a 6920LE in my mind.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
According to Kyle, at Sig,  the barrels do not get mpi testing.  So that right there justifies the extra $150 for a 6920LE in my mind.
View Quote

Why? What is the failure rate of a barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top