Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 12:15:58 AM EDT
Reason I as is that I have to send my 2 month old Sightron S III back because of a canted reticle. About 120 rounds down the pipe and  noticed while shooting, before the reticle became canted, is that the scope cover would revolve counterclockwise around the bell. The same direction the reticle is now canted. I can't imagine any rotational movement in the rifle workings that would do this except maybe the rifling.

I hope is was only a fluke thing with the scope itself
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Vortex scope on my 716 and it has been perfect.

My bet is that it was just a defective scope, nothing related to the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, there are a lot of rifles out there that will beat up a scope worse than the 716.  Another vote for scope issue.

Doc
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Shipped it back on Tuesday, hope the turnaround is quick.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Vortex 6-24 x 50 on mine and it works fine.
My only complaint is that I should have gotten the 20 MOA base, after zeroing it took every shim in the CRS pack.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
ACOG TA-11 on mine and no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top