BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

well considering that little birdy works at sig. But, I know... you mad over sig lying to you over and over and over again?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little birdy told me they sig is downplaying the mpx now. Leads me to believe it will never make it to market.

That sounds like BS to me. Where is this little birdy? unless you have verified facts, it's BS. Everything Sig is doing says the opposite and when it's ready, it will be released just like the MCX.

well considering that little birdy works at sig. But, I know... you mad over sig lying to you over and over and over again?

Well I know a guy that works at Sig as well and just asked him and he says it's still scheduled to be released sometime in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I seem to recall that being the case as well. HK still shows off a "modernized" tan MP5 at shows. Doubt they are getting big orders for it though.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/20131024-082014.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't HK stop the roller guns a while ago?? I thought the UMP was the only option for subguns from HK.

I seem to recall that being the case as well. HK still shows off a "modernized" tan MP5 at shows. Doubt they are getting big orders for it though.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/20131024-082014.jpg
HK really would like to be exclusively selling the UMP and MP7 when it come to SMGs.  Those are much cheaper to produce. But they haven't really caught on.

I would guess they also have ongoing .gov contracts for the MP5 and are required to at be able to produce spare parts if not new weapons.

*These are my guesses/impressions, I don't have access to the gossipy little gunbirds the others in this thread seem to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
A little over 2 weeks (oh the irony) marks a years since this thread was started
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well I know a guy that works at Sig as well and just asked him and he says it's still scheduled to be released sometime in the near future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little birdy told me they sig is downplaying the mpx now. Leads me to believe it will never make it to market.

That sounds like BS to me. Where is this little birdy? unless you have verified facts, it's BS. Everything Sig is doing says the opposite and when it's ready, it will be released just like the MCX.

Like it was scheduled to be released two years ago?

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
At work the standard industry respond to a new guy asking how much further it is until he can stop is "two chains (1ch=66')". It's basically a nice way to say, "Shut up and dig".  Maybe Sig has some wildland firefighters working for them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it was a year ago to be specific. 3 years ago they released the prototype. Last year at Shot they were supposably in production with a Feb 2014 release date. Then of course the ammo issue happened and the delay. Sig has invested way to much to not have this come to be. Lancer alone has thousands invested in the magazines, so it will be here and hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I called Sig today and I spoke to a very nice guy named Jim.
He told me that they have absolutely no idea when the MPX pistol will be released.
He also said that not taking pre orders at our shop is probably a good idea.
I spent the cash I had saved up on a Wilson/ Beretta 92G.
If Sig does release the MPX I will get one, but I am not going to hold my breath.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No it was a year ago to be specific. 3 years ago they released the prototype. Last year at Shot they were supposably in production with a Feb 2014 release date. Then of course the ammo issue happened and the delay. Sig has invested way to much to not have this come to be. Lancer alone has thousands invested in the magazines, so it will be here and hopefully soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember reading a book about how prisoners of war kept themselves mentally strong in prison camps.  The ones who were always hopeful, thinking their release was right around the corner were the ones who snapped.  They kept getting their hopes up, and were constantly disappointed.  Eventually they lost all hope.  The ones who were realistic about the long term were the ones who survived.

This thread is like the Sig Hilton.  Don't be that guy who ends up broken, laying in the corner in the fetal position, because another 2 weeks have gone by. The MPX will probably still come to the civilian market.  But the word "soon" should never be uttered from your lips unless you enjoy despair.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember reading a book about how prisoners of war kept themselves mentally strong in prison camps.  The ones who were always hopeful, thinking their release was right around the corner were the ones who snapped.  They kept getting their hopes up, and were constantly disappointed.  Eventually they lost all hope.  The ones who were realistic about the long term were the ones who survived.

This thread is like the Sig Hilton.  Don't be that guy who ends up broken, laying in the corner in the fetal position, because another 2 weeks have gone by. The MPX will probably still come to the civilian market.  But the word "soon" should never be uttered from your lips unless you enjoy despair.
View Quote

I fixed my MPX despair with a MCX.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=73733

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember reading a book about how prisoners of war kept themselves mentally strong in prison camps. The ones who were always hopeful, thinking their release was right around the corner were the ones who snapped. They kept getting their hopes up, and were constantly disappointed. Eventually they lost all hope. The ones who were realistic about the long term were the ones who survived.

This thread is like the Sig Hilton. Don't be that guy who ends up broken, laying in the corner in the fetal position, because another 2 weeks have gone by. The MPX will probably still come to the civilian market. But the word "soon" should never be uttered from your lips unless you enjoy despair.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=73733

That's pretty hot.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Told you all way back in the beginning, LOCHNESS, UNICORN, BIGFOOT, THEN MPX! Not doubting anyone's friend at Sig, but when I talk to 3 different people that I know personally, that helped design, prototype and build it, and they say they don't know when, I get it. When it comes out, you all will rush to get one. I do stuff for Sig that most of you would never see. Give them a break, they are working on it and 100 other things at the same time. Have you ever seen the X5 in Sig Ilaflon grey? Or the 1911 in the same color? They were done on a custom order for corporate. Sig not only deals with the general public, but with multiple govts, states, local LE's and security firms. They are one of the top firearms Mfg's in the world and have to stay ahead of the curve to make sure they are at the top. BTW- HK has NOT stopped making roller guns. Was just up at Ashburn taking the first VP9 armorers course, and they say that they still get big contracts for MP5's. It's and iconic gun that still is viable through out the world. Why would they give up their "bread & butter"?? Chill out, let Sig get it right. I would rather it take longer to perfect it than have to recall thousands of guns and look bad. Remember the recent 556xi issue? That was a big OOPPS. They won't do that again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Told you all way back in the beginning, LOCHNESS, UNICORN, BIGFOOT, THEN MPX! Not doubting anyone's friend at Sig, but when I talk to 3 different people that I know personally, that helped design, prototype and build it, and they say they don't know when, I get it. When it comes out, you all will rush to get one. I do stuff for Sig that most of you would never see. Give them a break, they are working on it and 100 other things at the same time. Have you ever seen the X5 in Sig Ilaflon grey? Or the 1911 in the same color? They were done on a custom order for corporate. Sig not only deals with the general public, but with multiple govts, states, local LE's and security firms. They are one of the top firearms Mfg's in the world and have to stay ahead of the curve to make sure they are at the top. BTW- HK has NOT stopped making roller guns. Was just up at Ashburn taking the first VP9 armorers course, and they say that they still get big contracts for MP5's. It's and iconic gun that still is viable through out the world. Why would they give up their "bread & butter"?? Chill out, let Sig get it right. I would rather it take longer to perfect it than have to recall thousands of guns and look bad. Remember the recent 556xi issue? That was a big OOPPS. They won't do that again.
View Quote

I'm beyond the question of when/if.  My rub is, they keep saying "2 weeks" or "we're shipping them now" which is nothing more than a lie.  I'm OK with them taking time to do it right, but man, they need to quit playing Baghdad Bob and just say, "it's far from 100% right now and we refuse to release it until it's 100%.  Once it's 100% we'll release it, but we are currently unsure of a time frame & therefore any date given would be pure speculation.".   They also need to make that the talking point for everyone in the company so no one is saying, just 2 more weeks...

I want one, and will probably buy one when/if they come out, but until then I'll shoot my CZ Scorpion.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Two weeks.

http://youtu.be/XY5KTVA_2ys
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Two weeks.

http://youtu.be/XY5KTVA_2ys
View Quote

LOL that's what I've been thinking every time someone says it
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
huh, Arfcom was running an ad at the top right of the page, "Time to make room, the Sig MPX is here." LOL
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
huh, Arfcom was running an ad at the top right of the page, "Time to make room, the Sig MPX is here." LOL
View Quote

That ad was soo two weeks ago...!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As was your post.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is getting to be ridiculous and devoid of any technical merit.

I know there's not any new information at this time, so let's drop the "2-weeks" and non-technical discussion on it's release (or lack there-of).
View Quote

I agree, that 2 weeks crap was old a long time ago, but everyone seems to want to jump on the band wagon and say it. Enough already.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This is getting to be ridiculous and devoid of any technical merit.

I know there's not any new information at this time, so let's drop the "2-weeks" and non-technical discussion on it's release (or lack there-of).
View Quote

When did you all of a sudden become a mod? Seriously... Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Given the threads topic, shouldn't it be moved to General Discussion/Science Fiction?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]
No longer technical
Page / 31
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top