Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did see that one awhile back but it's not related to Sig Sauers lawsuit and I did not see "Sig Sauer" listed anywhere in that article. When this finally does go to court, hopefully it's the same Federal Court Judge that hears the case. It could still take some time before this happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's one article I found on the matter...

ATF jumps the gun on Sig MPX

I did see that one awhile back but it's not related to Sig Sauers lawsuit and I did not see "Sig Sauer" listed anywhere in that article. When this finally does go to court, hopefully it's the same Federal Court Judge that hears the case. It could still take some time before this happens.

Yep that one was a different companies muzzle device, but the case is extremely similar to Sig's in which ATF is arbitrarily declaring something a silencer part. That decision is quite entertaining to read.

Hopefully ATF will finally be called out on their bullshit and have to establish some form of standards to their methods.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep that one was a different companies muzzle device, but the case is extremely similar to Sig's in which ATF is arbitrarily declaring something a silencer part. That decision is quite entertaining to read.

Hopefully ATF will finally be called out on their bullshit and have to establish some form of standards to their methods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking but not finding the thread/answers.  It was probably a 8-10 page thread in GD too.  I'm going to keep looking but am going to feel really stupid if I confused something like this because of my meds (brain tumor)

I distinctly remember that the judge made a comment akin to (by the ATF's logic) if it had 4 legs and was grey it was automatically an elephant.  And that they can't arbitrarily decide the definition of suppressor.

Edit:  Google, site search, thefirearmblog, and bangswitch don't have anything.  Going to bug the hell out of me now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm looking but not finding the thread/answers.  It was probably a 8-10 page thread in GD too.  I'm going to keep looking but am going to feel really stupid if I confused something like this because of my meds (brain tumor)

I distinctly remember that the judge made a comment akin to (by the ATF's logic) if it had 4 legs and was grey it was automatically an elephant.  And that they can't arbitrarily decide the definition of suppressor.

Edit:  Google, site search, thefirearmblog, and bangswitch don't have anything.  Going to bug the hell out of me now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been posted several times and the ruling was in regards to a muzzle brake so your not totally crazy
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It has been posted several times and the ruling was in regards to a muzzle brake so your not totally crazy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooooh, ok.  I would have sworn that was in regards to the MPX.  Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets just hope Sig prevails. I want an MPX already damit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Just subscribed to that one.  Thanks for finding/posting the link.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Any current updates on release date, etc?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any current updates on release date, etc?
View Quote

No updates. I do google web & image searches everyday. I change the search parameters to only the last week or the last 24 hours. I tried to set up notifications with Google, but that's not working. I have Facebook notifications set up for Sig and a few CA friendly dealers. Sig has been really good with taking pictures of new products before they ship. I also have the in stock notifications set up to get an email if they do show up.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm hoping they ship any day now. The only concern I have is that these guns have not gone out to writers or any publicly disclosed LE/gov agency. All shooting has occurred at Shot Show or the Sig Academy.  I'm curious if they even have a final production model ready.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea I do the same thing. I do know that they have fired thousands of rounds through the MPX with all different types of 9mm ammo with no issues from what I have seen and heard. When they are released, I am sure they will be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yea I do the same thing. I do know that they have fired thousands of rounds through the MPX with all different types of 9mm ammo with no issues from what I have seen and heard. When they are released, I am sure they will be good to go.
View Quote

Been keeping an eye out in a similar fashion. I'm hoping the delay is related to a last minute changeover to the keymod rail so that they don't have to support the earlier proprietary system that has been in much of the earlier models.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Been keeping an eye out in a similar fashion. I'm hoping the delay is related to a last minute changeover to the keymod rail so that they don't have to support the earlier proprietary system that has been in much of the earlier models.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the keymod that much of an improvement? Seems like the other system is easier as you just screw the rail down as the threads are already built into the handguard and the keymod requires a screw and nut.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is the keymod that much of an improvement? Seems like the other system is easier as you just screw the rail down as the threads are already built into the handguard and the keymod requires a screw and nut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm imagining it weighs less, considering a more metal seems to have been removed.

As long as they offer an M-LOK rail, I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm imagining it weighs less, considering a more metal seems to have been removed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keymod is kinda funny thing (looks bad too). Now its a Fad. Now that magpul released the M-LOK I don't see being a universal acceptance Ever. Keymod on a sig mpx would look like shit. M-LOK will pull ahead no question because magpul can churn out accessories  for their system and it will be affordable. To each their own though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Keymod is kinda funny thing (looks bad too). Now its a Fad. Now that magpul released the M-LOK I don't see being a universal acceptance Ever. Keymod on a sig mpx would look like shit. M-LOK will pull ahead no question because magpul can churn out accessories  for their system and it will be affordable. To each their own though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

KeyMod has been accepted by the following manufacturers: HK, KAC, Sig Sauer, CMMG, Noveske, BCM, PWS, VLTOR, etc. Many other manufacturers make the rails. What other manufacturers are you waiting on? Colt and Daniel Defense?

Edit:

The KeyMod system is currently offered by:

• Samson Manufacturing Corp. (Debuting at SHOT Show 2014)

• VLTOR Weapon Systems VIS KM series

• Noveske Rifleworks NSR

• CMMG Inc. RKM

• Mega Arms MKM

• Knight's Armament URX4

• Primary Weapon Systems (PWS)

• Parallax Tactical FFSSR Keymod series

• Fortis MFG REV and Switch

• Krebs Customs (Announced SHOT Show 2013)

• AM-TAC Precision / Ambush Tactical - KRS V2 QIK System

• Seekins Precision MCSR-V2

• Odin Works KMod

• Geissele Automatics MK4KM (announced 5/21/13)

• ALG Defense (announced 1/7/14)

• Bravo Company MFG, KMR series (announced 7/19/13)

• Spikes Tactical BAR/SAR series (announced 5/11/13)

• Strike Industries Mega Fins series (announced 6/21/13)

• Midwest Industries MI 17K (announced 8/26/13)

• ICE Arms HG-SR12

• KAK Industries

• Quentin Defense KMR Series (announced 11/7/13)

• Troy Industries (announced November 2013 in Canada: Retailers tradeshow)

• Heckler & Koch MRS Series (proprietary design, reversing the key-slot direction and spacing)

• Coronado Arms, Inc.

• SLR Rifleworks

• Robinson Arms, XCR Rifle Series (announced 1/14/14)

• Riverman Gun Works, MBR Rifle Series and Handguards (announced 1/14/14)

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I would prefer mlok, but Keymod is fine. It would have been nice if they put the Keymod at 1:00 and 11:00.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

It is lighter. Also, having threading on the handguard is a negative because you can easily strip that out. Using a backer to replace that threading is almost as bad because it often requires disassembly of the handguard in order to move and replace accessories.

Keymod (and it's late to the party 2nd cousin, MLOK) has the attachment system built into the mounted part, allowing the handguard not to need backers or have stripable threads.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone have a pic of the 8" MPX with the keymod handguard?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm ready to splash down for a factory SBR or integrally suppressed version of this gun-any idea when they will be available?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm ready to splash down for a factory SBR or integrally suppressed version of this gun-any idea when they will be available?
View Quote

Unknown at this time. Nobody is saying anything.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Just heard that the MPX "might" be released at the end of the year or later. WTF? starting to think this thing will never come to be.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just heard that the MPX "might" be released at the end of the year or later. WTF? starting to think this thing will never come to be.
View Quote

Certainly don't understand how a gun goes from "Two weeks" to Q4 2014 or 2015. Would be nice if someone from Sig would chime in on what is going on at least. Hell if they blame it on ATF I'd believe it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#24]
i'd rather them delay for a whole year and come out with a solid product then rush it now and send out some bad units.  my hope is they've learned from the past and want to make sure this gun has the best chance possible in the market place as it probably took quite a bit of development.  from what I was told, they originally wanted to release in Q1 with the 556xi but problems with production have pushed the gun back.  I just hope they can keep the price point they want.  it's on the fence of what I spend on guns so any higher and it might just fall out of my grasp.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just might have to pick up an mp5 clone to hold me over now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i'd rather them delay for a whole year and come out with a solid product then rush it now and send out some bad units.  my hope is they've learned from the past and want to make sure this gun has the best chance possible in the market place as it probably took quite a bit of development.  from what I was told, they originally wanted to release in Q1 with the 556xi but problems with production have pushed the gun back.  I just hope they can keep the price point they want.  it's on the fence of what I spend on guns so any higher and it might just fall out of my grasp.
View Quote

The MPX is solid. The test models and ones at the 2014 Shot Show have fired thousands of rounds (all diferent types of 9mm ammo) with no issues. Not sure how much more tweaking they need to do, just release it already.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The MPX is solid. The test models and ones at the 2014 Shot Show have fired thousands of rounds (all diferent types of 9mm ammo) with no issues. Not sure how much more tweaking they need to do, just release it already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may have to do with production capacity-these don't use AR15 lowers so they probably have to do them in house. All of the upper and lower parts are proprietary to the MPX, some of them have to be made outside, some have secondary processes that need to be done (coatings etc) that eat up time. Slipping these production processes in between other products that pay the bills with bread and butter money is probably the hold up.

I want one of these as an SBR sooooo bad...
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It may have to do with production capacity-these don't use AR15 lowers so they probably have to do them in house. All of the upper and lower parts are proprietary to the MPX, some of them have to be made outside, some have secondary processes that need to be done (coatings etc) that eat up time. Slipping these production processes in between other products that pay the bills with bread and butter money is probably the hold up.

Hopefully thats all it is. I have owned guns and have grown up

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully thats all it is. I have owned guns and have grown up

Hopefully thats all it is. I have grown up around and owned guns now for 45 years and would have to say that the MPX is one gun that I have wanted the most and I have owned lots of guns in my time. It's like a baby M4/MP5.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Certainly don't understand how a gun goes from "Two weeks" to Q4 2014 or 2015. Would be nice if someone from Sig would chime in on what is going on at least. Hell if they blame it on ATF I'd believe it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How it happens is people hound them into oblivion demanding a delivery date long before they are ready and as they make progress they update the date. It gets more people talking about it but also pisses people off.

The exact reason companies like Magpul take the "No comment on current or future projects" stance.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How it happens is people hound them into oblivion demanding a delivery date long before they are ready and as they make progress they update the date. It gets more people talking about it but also pisses people off.

The exact reason companies like Magpul take the "No comment on current or future projects" stance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have to disagree with you on the "hounding" part. It has nothing to do about "hounding" but has everything to do with employees for Sig Sauer at the 2014 Shot Show saying that the MPX is in current production and will be out on the market in Feb, 2014, how is that our fault in "Hounding" as you put it? Where I come from, it's being deceitfull. In no way was this post to be disrectful in anyway, but it was BS what Sig said at the Shot Show and they wonder why the customer is pissed off.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would have to disagree with you on the "hounding" part. It has nothing to do about "hounding" but has everything to do with employees for Sig Sauer at the 2014 Shot Show saying that the MPX is in current production and will be out on the market in Feb, 2014, how is that our fault in "Hounding" as you put it? Where I come from, it's being deceitfull. In no way was this post to be disrectful in anyway, but it was BS what Sig said at the Shot Show and they wonder why the customer is pissed off.
View Quote

Agreed, I understand Magpul's deal with how things got around here. I'm sure there are a few people "hounding" them about it via email/phone calls but I am definitely not among that group. All I did was ask them at the NRA show and that's what I was told, so some clarification would at least be nice. The gun industry certainly isn't unique in which "two weeks" can become a bad joke.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed, I understand Magpul's deal with how things got around here. I'm sure there are a few people "hounding" them about it via email/phone calls but I am definitely not among that group. All I did was ask them at the NRA show and that's what I was told, so some clarification would at least be nice. The gun industry certainly isn't unique in which "two weeks" can become a bad joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a very interesting point. Many companies make a product announcement with a release date locked in. Ruger releases products all year long and waits until the product is ready to ship. They tend to host media days and probably have them sign an NDA until the official release. Once announced, there is plenty of reviews & articles floating around.

Another example is HK's release of the VP9. No official announcement until distributers are taking orders. The pistol was in development for over four years and execs would occasionally acknowledge it was coming.  No teasing of the pistols or making delivery estimates.

Even looking outside of the firearms industry, Apple doesn't announce products two to three years before their release. On average they announce two weeks before you can pre-order.

Hopefully it is coming and the production models live up to the reputation the SHOT Show demo guns. I am hoping the involvement of Kevin Brittingham will guarantee it won't be released until it's ready.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is a very interesting point. Many companies make a product announcement with a release date locked in. Ruger releases products all year long and waits until the product is ready to ship. They tend to host media days and probably have them sign an NDA until the official release. Once announced, there is plenty of reviews & articles floating around.

Another example is HK's release of the VP9. No official announcement until distributers are taking orders. The pistol was in development for over four years and execs would occasionally acknowledge it was coming.  No teasing of the pistols or making delivery estimates.

Even looking outside of the firearms industry, Apple doesn't announce products two to three years before their release. On average they announce two weeks before you can pre-order.

Hopefully it is coming and the production models live up to the reputation the SHOT Show demo guns. I am hoping the involvement of Kevin Brittingham will guarantee it won't be released until it's ready.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The involvement of Robert Hirt guarantees it won't be released until ready.

I'm not sure what the hold-up is. However, I think the premature product announcement was because Ron Cohen wanted to display the direction of "new Sig". At that point behind the scenes the MCX was undergoing development, the MPX (derived from the MCX) was being worked on, the XI was being "unshelved", the P320 was being unshelved and reworked into a 2nd gen, a new line of silencers was being developed, Sig was putting together a very involved R&D testing crew, and had hired several well respected engineers from across the industry. I think was done partly as a "product" release, as well as a company rebranding.

People have complained that Sig is constantly releasing "Gen 2" to the public after the Gen 1s flopped. (556, P290, P250, 516). Sig won't be doing that anymore. The The production XI is in it's 2nd gen. The production P320 is in it's 2nd gen. However, the MPX and MCX underwent significant generational redesigns after the MPX was initially announced. The engineers behind that series have enough pull that they won't release it prematurely. The amount of redesign, testing, and perfecting that has gone into the MPX/MCX series is incredible and while it sucks to wait for, they won't be released until it's 100%.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Well that would explain a little why they jumped the gun on the MPX release. You think it will be out by the end of the year? I have noticed changes from different pics I have seen especially the ejection port area. Looks like it was changed 3 times.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well that would explain a little why they jumped the gun on the MPX release. You think it will be out by the end of the year? I have noticed changes from different pics I have seen especially the ejection port area. Looks like it was changed 3 times.
View Quote

Couldn't tell you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
The PSB model was added to the Lipsey's catalog.  I don't know much about Lipsey's other than they tend to get a ton of exclusive models.  Does anyone know if Lipsey's tends to only add items as they get closer to launch?

Lipsey's

ETA: It looks like they have quite a few items that are not close to shipping anytime soon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They've definitely been making changes since the initial showing a few years ago. I don't remember there being an ambidextrous bolt release on the original model they unveiled.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They've definitely been making changes since the initial showing a few years ago. I don't remember there being an ambidextrous bolt release on the original model they unveiled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the left side (opposite the ejection port) there seems to be more stuff riveted onto the gun. It's probably something to help ejection or prevent an out of battery round from firing. It sucks if you want to cerakote it, you might have a few steps to take over an AR.

1st Shot Show 2013

2nd Tactical Weapons Article

3rd SOFIC 2014
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

On the left side (opposite the ejection port) there seems to be more stuff riveted onto the gun. It's probably something to help ejection or prevent an out of battery round from firing. It sucks if you want to cerakote it, you might have a few steps to take over an AR.

1st Shot Show 2013
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/Mobile%20Uploads/1402286063_zps8aab0be6.jpg
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/Mobile%20Uploads/1402286067_zps79ba7c45.jpg
3rd SOFIC 2014
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/Mobile%20Uploads/1402286059_zps7b75e660.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st Shot Show 2013
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/Mobile%20Uploads/1402286063_zps8aab0be6.jpg
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/Mobile%20Uploads/1402286067_zps79ba7c45.jpg
3rd SOFIC 2014
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/Mobile%20Uploads/1402286059_zps7b75e660.jpg

Looks like some sort of reinforcement.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I think the square block on the left side might be for the folding stock to rest on. I don't care for the folder and very much prefer the clean look of the first model shown.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think the square block on the left side might be for the folding stock to rest on. I don't care for the folder and very much prefer the clean look of the first model shown.
View Quote

That makes sense. That would prevent the side folder from hitting the bolt release.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Let's just hope they are released soon. I am thinking they should be almost done :)
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone with a good news update?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I just checked with my dealer where I have mine on pre-order.  As of today, he has not received any news on ship dates.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#45]
This is tough let me tell you, really want.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm with you bro!
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is tough let me tell you, really want.
View Quote

I hope the Ti-Rant 9s I ordered for it doesn't beat it here.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Makes sense, and I'm with you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Well I was hoping to be a happy MPX dad by now, but still waiting. Well Happy Father's Day to all of you future MPX dad's out there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone with a good news update?
View Quote

Well, based on the thread on GD, ATF is reconsidering their classification of the whole muzzle break/baffle stack as a suppressor.....
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top