User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm liking that side folding stock.
View Quote

Agreed. The "KateMoss" stock definitely has a lot of appeal. I liked the telescoping stock at first, but it's a bit difficult to deploy in comparison to a side folder.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Once again, THE MPX AND THE EVO ARE NOT THE SAME THING.  Yes, they're both 9mm...annndd that's about where the similarities end.  The fact that you keep talking like the Evo is a half price MPX makes me LOL at every single thing you say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't let facts get in the way of your edgy replies.

You're shitting on the Sig MPX...in the MPX thread...in the Sig forum.  You're lucky you got a reply.

It's a fact that I feel the MPX is worth more than the Evo and can justify paying more for it than the Evo.

If you disagree, then don't buy it.  Simple as that, guy.
Hey, guy.  I've been in this thread since the beginning.  Sig has released way too many shit sandwiches (at least in the US) to get my hopes up too high.  I want this, but I along with others are shocked at the news the EVO3 is going to be coming in.  Before this, the best way to a true subgun/PCC was the MP5.  The MPX got everyone's hopes up and I along with virtually everyone has been pulling for it.  But constant changes are starting to make it sound like the Masada but not as bad as the LAR-47.  Enter the EVO which presumably beats the MPX in price by almost half, and you have me, a very happy person.  But also scared that the MPX will be losing sales the longer it is off the market as the EVO hits US shores.  Thus the bean counters at Sig seeing it as a flop and then terminating production.  < I hope that's not true, but again, Sig doesn't know what it is doing tomorrow 90% of the time, if recent history of the company is any indication.  

Once again, THE MPX AND THE EVO ARE NOT THE SAME THING.  Yes, they're both 9mm...annndd that's about where the similarities end.  The fact that you keep talking like the Evo is a half price MPX makes me LOL at every single thing you say.

But will it matter from a sales perspective? Will the majority of the consumers care enough about the difference to pay the extra for the MPX? Do most people even care about the difference between a blow back and a gas operated system? I do, but that doesn't mean the average buyer will.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I just want Sig to release a decent firearm for the price point they are reaching for. The EVO looks good also. I just want more guns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But will it matter from a sales perspective? Will the majority of the consumers care enough about the difference to pay the extra for the MPX? Do most people even care about the difference between a blow back and a gas operated system? I do, but that doesn't mean the average buyer will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're shitting on the Sig MPX...in the MPX thread...in the Sig forum.  You're lucky you got a reply.

It's a fact that I feel the MPX is worth more than the Evo and can justify paying more for it than the Evo.

If you disagree, then don't buy it.  Simple as that, guy.
Hey, guy.  I've been in this thread since the beginning.  Sig has released way too many shit sandwiches (at least in the US) to get my hopes up too high.  I want this, but I along with others are shocked at the news the EVO3 is going to be coming in.  Before this, the best way to a true subgun/PCC was the MP5.  The MPX got everyone's hopes up and I along with virtually everyone has been pulling for it.  But constant changes are starting to make it sound like the Masada but not as bad as the LAR-47.  Enter the EVO which presumably beats the MPX in price by almost half, and you have me, a very happy person.  But also scared that the MPX will be losing sales the longer it is off the market as the EVO hits US shores.  Thus the bean counters at Sig seeing it as a flop and then terminating production.  < I hope that's not true, but again, Sig doesn't know what it is doing tomorrow 90% of the time, if recent history of the company is any indication.  

I hope the EVO does come out and hurt the MPX sales a little. The MPX is basically a 516 in 9mm and you can get one fully outfitted for 1100.00 or so if you shop around. This might make Sig lower the price on the MPX to be competitive.    
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hope the EVO does come out and hurt the MPX sales a little. The MPX is basically a 516 in 9mm and you can get one fully outfitted for 1100.00 or so if you shop around. This might make Sig lower the price on the MPX to be competitive.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MPX is an MCX in 9mm, not a 516. The 516/716 system and the MPX/MCX have nothing in common. Their designs, construction, and operating systems are entirely different.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry, I thought this was a technical discussion forum, not a fanboy cheerleading forum.    And he is right.   The EVO already has real world adoption.   The Sig looks like a great gun... but it is in nobody's hands yet.  It's sitting at Sig.

So what you are saying, is that it is a fact that you have an opinion.   An opinion that is based on zero hands on experience thus far.   Okay.  That's great.   We've all got opinions.  You know what they say about opinions.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The MPX is an MCX in 9mm, not a 516. The 516/716 system and the MPX/MCX have nothing in common. Their designs, construction, and operating systems are entirely different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, my bad
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What changes have we seen?  Hand guard changes, mag changes, and no baffle/compensator changes.  Three years of SHOT Show....are they having issues figuring out production/import/funds?  I guess I don't get, a company the size of Sig, takes 2-3 years to get a new 9mm platform off the ground and onto the shelves.  If TCBA_Joe is saying all the depth of testing is real, I'm not sure what the hold up could be at this point unless it's on the planning/manufacturing level.    

I've said before, they owe me nothing, but you keep showing off that fancy new hardware, waving in front of the fans, but not letting them enjoy their own, the fancy wears off, and they move on.  I'm trying not to get to that point, is what it boils down to.  I have no doubt this thing has seen more R&D and had more eyes watching it than virtually any other weapon Sig has released, bordering the 552.  

People are still improving the AR15, right?  After how many years?  It still has stoppages, it still breaks down, and it still shits where it eats, but we love it, and we figure out it's weaknesses and address them, do we not?  So I guess my wording or the way you guys are interpreting me saying I wish Sig would just put it out to the public is off.  No I don't want any of us to have to BETA test a platform, but going by the people that have shot it, and the things they've said about it, I'm guessing Sig is WAYYYY past the BETA phase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you complain about them releasing "shit sandwiches" and then you want them to stop developing the platform and rush to release it on your schedule instead of theirs. I still don't follow you.
What changes have we seen?  Hand guard changes, mag changes, and no baffle/compensator changes.  Three years of SHOT Show....are they having issues figuring out production/import/funds?  I guess I don't get, a company the size of Sig, takes 2-3 years to get a new 9mm platform off the ground and onto the shelves.  If TCBA_Joe is saying all the depth of testing is real, I'm not sure what the hold up could be at this point unless it's on the planning/manufacturing level.    

I've said before, they owe me nothing, but you keep showing off that fancy new hardware, waving in front of the fans, but not letting them enjoy their own, the fancy wears off, and they move on.  I'm trying not to get to that point, is what it boils down to.  I have no doubt this thing has seen more R&D and had more eyes watching it than virtually any other weapon Sig has released, bordering the 552.  

People are still improving the AR15, right?  After how many years?  It still has stoppages, it still breaks down, and it still shits where it eats, but we love it, and we figure out it's weaknesses and address them, do we not?  So I guess my wording or the way you guys are interpreting me saying I wish Sig would just put it out to the public is off.  No I don't want any of us to have to BETA test a platform, but going by the people that have shot it, and the things they've said about it, I'm guessing Sig is WAYYYY past the BETA phase.

For someone that says they have followed it from the beginning you are missing a lot and making a lot of incorrect assumptions. Head over to sigforum and read the thread about it there. LDD has pointed out some significant changes to the MPX from its first Shot Show form. Who knows what further changes have been made on the inside. I wish I could remember where I read about it so that I could dig it up but I did read something about a year ago where Sig commented about some of the changes made to materials/design to increase longevity. They had achieved X amounts of rounds before needing parts replacement but they were close to making it 2X rounds before replacement was needed.

They are way past the beta phase and there is no current delay. As I have said multiple times they are in the production and shipping phase right now. Head over to their Instagram page and look at their posts. They are on pace to follow through with their previously stated Q4 release. They should be in our hands VERY soon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
If they were in the "shipping phase" I would think some would have shipped.  As of today, there are no MPX's in the hands of distributors , dealers, or Gun Broker.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If they were in the "shipping phase" I would think some would have shipped.  As of today, there are no MPX's in the hands of distributors , dealers, or Gun Broker.
View Quote

They began with an international order according to sigforum.

sigsauerinc
2 weeks ago
SIG SAUER #mpx starting to ship.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I can haz dis wun plz?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
All of the variants have bbl. length of 8" or less.  Are they all NFA SBR's, or is there a hat trick involved?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All of the variants have bbl. length of 8" or less.  Are they all NFA SBR's, or is there a hat trick involved?
View Quote

Pistol Stabilizing Brace(-PSB) variants are considered to be pistols because the brace is not a stock.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pistol Stabilizing Brace(-PSB) variants are considered to be pistols because the brace is not a stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or else they're SBR's then?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn.... I want a .40 w/4.5 inch barrel and a pistol brace... I would settle for a 9mm version to hold me over.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you remove the tube/brace and attach an AR stock, then you would need to register it(Form1, which I plan to do). Sig is going to offer factory SBR configurations like they do with their other rifles(Form4).
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#17]

That surefire will be a glutton for punishment that far out in front of the muzzle.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/10731647_800206033355206_1697020663_n.jpg

sigsauerinc

2 weeks ago

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/10731647_800206033355206_1697020663_n.jpg

sigsauerinc

2 weeks ago

2 Weeks ago, they allegedly sent out one MPX....internationally.  So by this pace, of one every two weeks, they should average about 26 MPX's a year or so?  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]

That was the first prototype 3 years ago. The laser and light mount are not available and not sure if they ever will be. The barrel on prototype was 6.5"
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MSRP of $900 or so for the EVO, MSRP of $2000+ for the MPX....maybe not much difference in price for YOU....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well now with the news of the CZ EVO 3, Sig already lost a metric shit ton of sales IMO.  At nearly half the price of the MPX, the EVO 3 will be flying off the shelves.  And if CZ gets this out by the end of January as the distributors are saying, Sig is properly fucked, day late and a dollar short.    

I dont think so. Other than caliber, two completely different animals. The CZ is blow back (old technology) and it's made with a lot of plastic and different operating controls to an M4. Now the MPX is piston driven, made from aluminum and controls are all common to all us M4/AR shooters. Price for the MPX isnt that much more than the CZ. You will get more bang for you buck with the MPX.
MSRP of $900 or so for the EVO, MSRP of $2000+ for the MPX....maybe not much difference in price for YOU....  

LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

The MSRP isn't $870...it's actually $1,870

"MSRP will be $1,870 and will be released as a pistol without the stock."
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/21/cz-scorpion-evo3-2015-import/
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LOL at all of you who got wet in your panties thinking the Evo 3 was going to sell for $800

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well now with the news of the CZ EVO 3, Sig already lost a metric shit ton of sales IMO.  At nearly half the price of the MPX, the EVO 3 will be flying off the shelves.  And if CZ gets this out by the end of January as the distributors are saying, Sig is properly fucked, day late and a dollar short.    

I dont think so. Other than caliber, two completely different animals. The CZ is blow back (old technology) and it's made with a lot of plastic and different operating controls to an M4. Now the MPX is piston driven, made from aluminum and controls are all common to all us M4/AR shooters. Price for the MPX isnt that much more than the CZ. You will get more bang for you buck with the MPX.

So the MPX will even be cheaper than that plastic blow back POS. Those half commie bastards can stick the EVO where the sun don't shine. Greedy bastards.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I can say is I hope they are wrong but it would not surprise me either way
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a hard time believing the distributors have the wrong price. TFB isn't always the most accurate with information.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I have a hard time believing the distributors have the wrong price. TFB isn't always the most accurate with information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, and why can you preorder it for under $900 from Lipsey's, and Lipsey's is usually on the higher end of prices...

But if the Sig comes in lower than $1500 I will be happy, but I doubt that will be the case.  At least for a couple years.  Will be interesting to see some reviews of some of the more seasoned and hardcore MP5 lovers out there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This, and why can you preorder it for under $900 from Lipsey's, and Lipsey's is usually on the higher end of prices...  

But if the Sig comes in lower than $1500 I will be happy, but I doubt that will be the case.  At least for a couple years.  Will be interesting to see some reviews of some of the more seasoned and hardcore MP5 lovers out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still going with the MPX personally. I love MP5s because the roller-locking action makes it feel like a .22. My AR 9mm was less than impressive in comparison. The MP5's downsides(pistol grip/safety, lrbho, optics mounting, and charging handle position) have all been fixed with the MPX design.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have lost a lot of faith in them. If they keep it up I will just drop off the mailing list.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have lost a lot of faith in them. If they keep it up I will just drop off the mailing list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you see the "review" of the gun box on TFB? It was more an advertisement than an actual review.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Did you see the "review" of the gun box on TFB? It was more an advertisement than an actual review.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lot of that lately
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone know what the barrel thread size is?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone know what the barrel thread size is?
View Quote

I can confirm that the bbl threading is not 1/2x28. It will be 13.5x1 LH as is consistent with SIG's 9mm pistol threaded bbls.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I stopped in cabelas yesterday and had the guy check the system to see if any MPXs were in their system. He said they don't have them yet but that are "in transit" from the manufacturer to Cabelas. I asked the same question last week and they said they weren't even on the way to them yet, so I think this is a good sign. They also let me fill out a firearms request form and he said they would call me once one arrives.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I talked to a guy from Cabellas today, he said they had a large shipment of MPX "in transit", due to arrive in...... Get this.... Two weeks!!  LOL.  

Not really. Carry on. I can't hardly wait to go to SHOT in 6 weeks and see the MPX display for the third year in a row.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know what the barrel length options will actually be? Sigs website says the MPX-P will be a 6" barrel but Cabelas says 4.5". Sig's site says the MPX-PSB will be 8" but Cabelas has it listed as 6.5"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone know what the barrel length options will actually be? Sigs website says the MPX-P will be a 6" barrel but Cabelas says 4.5". Sig's site says the MPX-PSB will be 8" but Cabelas has it listed as 6.5"
View Quote

The MPX-P-9 and the MPX-P-9-PSB are the same config, except the PSB model has the stabilizing brace.  Both are 8"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cabelas is using the old prototype specs which was a 6.5" barrel. All MPX's are coming with an 8" barrel and shorter barrels will be an accessory down the road from what I understand.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Still vaporware.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Still vaporware.
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're right, the MSRP isn't $870, it's actually $849, officially announced by CZ today....ouch.

In any case, I don't look at it as an either or, I plan to get both and I'm just glad to have more options regardless of price.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're right, the MSRP isn't $870, it's actually $849, officially announced by CZ today....ouch.

In any case, I don't look at it as an either or, I plan to get both and I'm just glad to have more options regardless of price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a link to that?  And yes it is nice to have options. I would get one at that price even though the MPX will be a better weapon system. I found it.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Sorry, nothing else I can do besides check their Facespace and Instagram pages while waiting.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time for some crow.

http://cz-usa.com/
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#44]
"I called Rockwellarms today to check on status of my MPX-PSB. The guy said that Sig told them this week or next week the shipment should arrive." - 350zrb via Sigforum

Woohoo. Hopefully I get in on the first batch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#45]
just two more weeks ya ya ya ya , no wait didn't someone say that like a month ago or was that a year ago
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Cool post dude. Thanks for taking the time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#47]
With the CZ at $850 I'll wait for the 4.5" K-version of the MPX to be released. I'm not going to pay a premium just so I could toss the longer barrel and hand guard that I don't want. The CZ should hold me over while I wait for the form 1 to come back.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"I called Rockwellarms today to check on status of my MPX-PSB. The guy said that Sig told them this week or next week the shipment should arrive." - 350zrb via Sigforum

Woohoo. Hopefully I get in on the first batch.
View Quote

2 more weeks, where have we heard that before?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
With the CZ at $850 I'll wait for the 4.5" K-version of the MPX to be released. I'm not going to pay a premium just so I could toss the longer barrel and hand guard that I don't want. The CZ should hold me over while I wait for the form 1 to come back.
View Quote

Good luck on that. The MPX with 4.5" barrel is going to be select fire only. Like I have been saying, your going to have to buy the barrel kit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good luck on that. The MPX with 4.5" barrel is going to be select fire only. Like I have been saying, your going to have to buy the barrel kit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you get that piece of information from? Sig lists 4.5" semi-auto models in their IOP program.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top