BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stupid stuff like this belongs in GD.   In tech, someone might actually be inclined to believe you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just spoke to sig, yes a 10mm will be made and shipped 2 weeks after SHOT show announcement. They are also working to develop a .50, called the MPXtreme.

Stupid stuff like this belongs in GD.   In tech, someone might actually be inclined to believe you.

Hate to say it, but it made me pause for a few seconds.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just spoke to sig, yes a 10mm will be made and shipped 2 weeks after SHOT show announcement. They are also working to develop a .50, called the MPXtreme.

If that is the case there is plenty in this thread. So we could nuke it or keep it for a place to converse.

A while back there were 4-5 threads or more running and everything in them were just speculation. I am glad they are getting closer to shipping but most everything in here is still just a bunch of speculation.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you clearly have not read this entire thread. Lighten up francis, 2 weeks ok!
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you read the whole thread??
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
What type of optics/upgrades are you guys going with? So far im thinking a Trijicon RMR RM05G mounted on a Low-Pro mount from AMS Machine and a Geissele Super Tricon trigger. Still not sure if a Battle Arms Dev. Safety Selector will fit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have.  And I've posted in it several times as well.    And the "two weeks" thing is stupid, over played, and unoriginal as fuck.

Even stupider though, is deliberate misinformation in a tech thread.   i.e. "I spoke to Sig and..." when it never occurred.   There are a lot of folks who aren't as up to date as the regulars who come to these forums looking for real information.   They see that, and could be inclined to believe it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why don't you ask my range master for my police dept and my US Army reserve unit and see what they say. How the fuck would you know what my police dept policy is and isn't? Most departments even my old LAPD will not allow after market triggers for liability and court problems if you ever have to smoke someone. The defense immediately makes you out to be a killer with all these super duper fancy gun parts. Think before you make these stupid comments like I am lying or something, I should know, I work there you don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats BS. Generally the only trigger upgrade you can do in mil/le is Giessele. Anyone who would opt out is retarded.

Why don't you ask my range master for my police dept and my US Army reserve unit and see what they say. How the fuck would you know what my police dept policy is and isn't? Most departments even my old LAPD will not allow after market triggers for liability and court problems if you ever have to smoke someone. The defense immediately makes you out to be a killer with all these super duper fancy gun parts. Think before you make these stupid comments like I am lying or something, I should know, I work there you don't.

Sounds like a shitty department to work for. All my buddies who are cops have their department guns tricked out. Giessele and all, but I guess were not as tight assed with guns in this part of the country. Happy Vets day!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like a shitty department to work for. All my buddies who are cops have their department guns tricked out. Giessele and all, but I guess were not as tight assed with guns in this part of the country. Happy Vets day!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats BS. Generally the only trigger upgrade you can do in mil/le is Giessele. Anyone who would opt out is retarded.

my USMS friend is rocking a SAI glock with a RMR.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it's a good deartment and good equipment all issued to us at no cost out of our pocket, but they are strict on what we can and can't do to the weapons. Most departments on the west coast are like this. We are issued Gen 4 Glocks in either 9, 40 or 45 and Smith & Wesson M&P AR-15. We also have assigned police cars that we can take home, so not to bad of a deal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What type of optics/upgrades are you guys going with? So far im thinking a Trijicon RMR RM05G mounted on a Low-Pro mount from AMS Machine and a Geissele Super Tricon trigger. Still not sure if a Battle Arms Dev. Safety Selector will fit.
View Quote

FWIW, the TA26 and TA44 ACOG reticles were meant for 9mm subguns. It's an 18" circle, so if you have even half of a silhouette in the circle you are still going to get a torso shot. I'd be looking long and hard at the TA-26SG.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Best sight for this type of weapon/application would be a Aimpoint T1 or the new T2
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Best sight for this type of weapon/application would be a Aimpoint T1 or the new T2
View Quote

Clearly this statement is an opinion and not a fact. But i would like to hear your reasoning behind it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Clearly this statement is an opinion and not a fact. But i would like to hear your reasoning behind it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it's more of an opinion, but I have used every close quarter combat optic you can think of and for close in get dirty work, the Aimpoint T1 is hard to beat. It's compact, rugged and very quick on target engagements. The Trijicon/ACOG set ups are great, but more for distance and slower to get on target than the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes it's more of an opinion, but I have used every close quarter combat optic you can think of and for close in get dirty work, the Aimpoint T1 is hard to beat. It's compact, rugged and very quick on target engagements. The Trijicon/ACOG set ups are great, but more for distance and slower to get on target than the Aimpoint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have used both, however I prefer the RMR because it has no batteries (I hate relying on batteries/electronics in any life threatening situation), it's lighter, and the dual illumination model adjusts itself when transitioning between different lighting conditions (which allows me to keep both hands on my weapon). I do wish trijicon would make one with a smaller reticle though, like 4 moa. This is also just my opinion. I may pick up a T2 in the future, it never hurts to have options.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FWIW, the TA26 and TA44 ACOG reticles were meant for 9mm subguns. It's an 18" circle, so if you have even half of a silhouette in the circle you are still going to get a torso shot. I'd be looking long and hard at the TA-26SG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good to know, happen to have a TA26 sitting around with nothing better to do.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I also have used both, however I prefer the RMR because it has no batteries (I hate relying on batteries/electronics in any life threatening situation), it's lighter, and the dual illumination model adjusts itself when transitioning between different lighting conditions (which allows me to keep both hands on my weapon). I do wish trijicon would make one with a smaller reticle though, like 4 moa. This is also just my opinion. I may pick up a T2 in the future, it never hurts to have options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Batteries last a long time in these new Aimpoints. Also that's what the BUIS are for just in case. I really like the new T2 but not sure if it's worth the upgrade from my T1.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Batteries last a long time in these new Aimpoints. Also that's what the BUIS are for just in case. I really like the new T2 but not sure if it's worth the upgrade from my T1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats good to know. Can you co-witness the BUIS through the T2?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure, just the same as through a T1.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Every time I see someone running a T1 it's mounted on that "tall" mount. Looks like it would be too high for an absolute co-witness.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Every time I see someone running a T1 it's mounted on that "tall" mount. Looks like it would be too high for an absolute co-witness.
View Quote

I use a Bobro QD mount with a medium spacer and it works on my duty/patrol rifle with the absolute co witness just fine.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I use a Bobro QD mount with a medium spacer and it works on my duty/patrol rifle with the absolute co witness just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there one brightness setting that works for most lighting conditions, indoor and outdoor? Or do you have to constantly adjust it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is there one brightness setting that works for most lighting conditions, indoor and outdoor? Or do you have to constantly adjust it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The T1 and T2 have NV settings and red dot settings depending on the lighting conditions. Yes you need to adjust accordingly, which is the case in most red dot optics.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The T1 and T2 have NV settings and red dot settings depending on the lighting conditions. Yes you need to adjust accordingly, which is the case in most red dot optics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the main reason I like the dual illumination RMR. If I shoot at The outdoor range during the day, I dont need to worry about adjusting my brightness in case I need to use my weapon in a home defense situation at night. Of course this is a very specific hypothetical scenario, but it's more about the peace of mind knowing that my optics will ALWAYS be ready to go. Which is another reason I dislike batteries, it's a "peace of mind" thing. To each his own I guess.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:01:07 AM EDT
[#27]
In a home defense situation I would just look over my sights and walk the rounds right in. Do it all the time during speed quals, but it's only at 7 yards. I Never even use the sights and always get 10 ring hits. A good light is more important in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In a home defense situation I would just look over my sights and walk the rounds right in. Do it all the time during speed quals, but it's only at 7 yards. I Never even use the sights and always get 10 ring hits. A good light is more important in my opinion.
View Quote

Bingo. I train close quarters stuff inside of ten yards off my light. I know where the rounds land in regards to where the light center is... close enough for hip-rapid- fire  center mass hits.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is too high for absolute co-witness. It produces a lower 1/3 co-witness which is ideal for fixed front iron sights(like the AR) because it declutters the sight picture. Absolute co-witness is fine when you can flip down the front sight. You might have an issue if you are going to mount any lasers/lights at the 12 o'clock rail position with an absolute setup.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bingo. I train close quarters stuff inside of ten yards off my light. I know where the rounds land in regards to where the light center is... close enough for hip-rapid- fire  center mass hits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which brings me to my next question. Which light do you guys recommend? Are the Surefire lights worth the money or is there a better alternative?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It is too high for absolute co-witness. It produces a lower 1/3 co-witness which is ideal for fixed front iron sights(like the AR) because it declutters the sight picture. Absolute co-witness is fine when you can flip down the front sight. You might have an issue if you are going to mount any lasers/lights at the 12 o'clock rail position with an absolute setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely right. However, I will only be running this optic on the MPX which does not have a fixed front sight.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You are absolutely right. However, I will only be running this optic on the MPX which does not have a fixed front sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, at that point the only other consideration is if you plan on using a ATPIAL-C or something similar on the top rail which is going to block a lot of the window of the Aimpoint if it's absolute co-witness.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I will most likely mount the light at the 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock position depending on which side allows me to activate the light without taking my hand off the verticle foregrip.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Which brings me to my next question. Which light do you guys recommend? Are the Surefire lights worth the money or is there a better alternative?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surefire are great lights and I own them, but currently I am running a Inforce WML attached at the 9 o'clock possition. Very easy to manipulate with your left thumb and plenty of light to get the job done. I plan on the same set up with the MPX.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Surefire are great lights and I own them, but currently I am running a Inforce WML attached at the 9 o'clock possition. Very easy to manipulate with your left thumb and plenty of light to get the job done. I plan on the same set up with the MPX.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. This is great information, thank you. I did a little research and the Inforce WML will definitely be my next purchase. I look forward to seeing everyones MPX setups when they become available!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#36]
The more I think about it, I think I am going to use my Eotech XPS3-0 on the MPX. Has a quicker sight pick up and for CQB, that is an awesome reticle. Sometimes with the smaller dot as on the T1, it's harder to find sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Any updates? Almost going to be into Dec and still not a dam thing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

dare I say it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

dare I say it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dare I say it?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#40]
New photo of a keymod version with suppressor:

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

dare I say it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dare I say it?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That is pretty cool, but the light is pretty stupid where its at. Mount the light at 9 oclock.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That is pretty cool, but the light is pretty stupid where its at. Mount the light at 9 oclock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I prefer 12 O Clock doesnt get blocked by barriers
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree I would much rather have it up top.

I really like that little guy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I agree I would much rather have it up top.

I really like that little guy.
View Quote

Same here. I'd use a WML though because the unprotected activation switches on the APL don't work well for a long gun.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Checked one of these out at the NRA Convention here in Indy earlier this year. Definitely a gun on my wish list. I recall the Sig rep saying that it take AR15 fire control parts. Wonder if this would be compatible with a RDIAS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#47]
In two months it will have been two years since the MPX was released at the SHOT show.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Love how it's already becoming a favorite with the aftermarket companies (ala KM hand guards) but Sig still hasn't given a date on when they actually plan on releasing it....Magpul Masada 2.0  
View Quote
I wrote this in May.  I see it's still not far from the truth...

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Haven't they been showcasing this for well over a year now?  I mean it's been at at least two SHOT SHOWs.  Yes I know, they ran into trouble with the ATF.  And yes keymod is aftermarket in the grand scheme of things.  1913 is the industrial standard until the military decides it wants keymod.  So if you don't want to call the keymod on the MPX "aftermarket" perhaps a better term is revision 58.  Sure kudos to Sig for sticking it to the man (ATF) and great, they're refining and modernizing the weapon.  W/ that said I really think they should go ahead and probably start releasing soon.  We didn't hear near this much about the 556xi rifles and those are out.  

View Quote

Sig owes me and others nothing, but I just keep seeing them make changes like an artist that is striving for that perfect masterpiece.  It will never be perfect, nor should it expect to be.
And this....soon now to be going on three SHOT SHOWS.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I will be at Shot again and see what they have to say in person. Anyone else going?
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top