Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing it'll come out between the "5th of when it's production ready" and the "19th of when it's at distributors".

People here get all butthurt as if Sig DOESN'T want to sell this gun and make obscene profits. If Sig could snap it's fingers today and have completely sorted, sale ready MPX's  at your local gunshop, they would. What gun company doesn't want to make as much money as they can?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so when is this gun coming out again?
View Quote

When "pigs fly"

On a serious note, I am now hearing maybe by the end of the year and that's a big maybe.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to ruffle anyones feathers, but I just heard a rumor that a local lgs has a tracking number.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not to ruffle anyones feathers, but I just heard a rumor that a local lgs has a tracking number.
View Quote

I hope your right but I call BS on that

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bet it's a rumor, distributors haven't received them yet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what I am thinking. He is getting hammered right now and won't answer any questions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Last month, several large SIG retailers were told to expect them no earlier than January 2015.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I see that Sig posted on Facebook today that they were giving 3 MPX's to a police dept in Oklahoma.  They posted a response to a guy's comment that they were in production now, and would be shipping to distributors in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I see that Sig posted on Facebook today that they were giving 3 MPX's to a police dept in Oklahoma.  They posted a response to a guy's comment that they were in production now, and would be shipping to distributors in the next few TWO weeks.
View Quote
FIFY

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rockwell Arms:
We just received confirmation from Sig Sauer that they will be shipping the MPX-C. It looks like they will be shipping it around the end of January, the first of February. They have changed the configuration a little bit. It will be coming with a straight 16" barrel. You will still be able to put a suppressor on the end of it. We are now placing orders for them. We are selling them on a first come - first serve basis. I am contacting you to see if you would like to be placed on the list to receive your weapon in the first shipment. Just contact me @ 208-209-7503 ext 213, or [email protected] to make payment arrangements and we will get you on the list. If you would like to switch to a different variation of the MPX we can make that switch for you as well. 

Thanks, 

Joe Rohbock 
Rockwell Arms
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We just received confirmation from Sig Sauer that they will be shipping the MPX-C. It looks like they will be shipping it around the end of January, the first of February. They have changed the configuration a little bit. It will be coming with a straight 16" barrel. You will still be able to put a suppressor on the end of it. We are now placing orders for them. We are selling them on a first come - first serve basis. I am contacting you to see if you would like to be placed on the list to receive your weapon in the first shipment. Just contact me @ 208-209-7503 ext 213, or [email protected] to make payment arrangements and we will get you on the list. If you would like to switch to a different variation of the MPX we can make that switch for you as well. 

Thanks, 

Joe Rohbock 
Rockwell Arms

two more weeks months
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I would be equally worried about magazine availability and cost.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, 

Joe Rohbock 
Rockwell Arms

I can confirm this email. I received the same yesterday. I told them I would pass on the 16" model. The only reason for this gun is to suppress it. Why run the 16" barrel and risk supersonic?

Sig should release the 4.5" pistol with the sig brace. I think that model is what people want.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am not worried about it. I am sure Lancer would love the business. They will cost more than pmags for sure but i bet they will make as many as people want.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am not worried about it. I am sure Lancer would love the business. They will cost more than pmags for sure but i bet they will make as many as people want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know the cost per magazine?

I remember reading somewhere mags are going to run $65 - $70 each.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're listed at $69.95 on most sites.

Complain all you want, but MP5 mags are $5 MORE and they've been in production for several decades.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Complain all you want, but MP5 mags are $5 MORE and they've been in production for several decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well MP5 mags are also made from steal and imported so that's the reason for the higher prices. These lancer mags should not cost more than a Pmag in my opinion.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well MP5 mags are also made from steal and imported so that's the reason for the higher prices. These lancer mags should not cost more than a Pmag in my opinion.
View Quote

You don't know much about production costs, I'm guessing?

Magpul ships out over 15,000 pmags in ONE DAY
I doubt Lancer sells 15,000 MPX mags in a YEAR

So no, they should not and never will be the price of a pmag.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#19]
When I keep hearing this "two weeks"... "two weeks"  on the MPX I keep envisioning Arnold (Douglas Quaid) going through security on Mars "How long will you be saying on Mars?"   ....... "2 weeks...." "2 weeks...."  The head freaks out and explodes  :-)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I can confirm this email. I received the same yesterday. I told them I would pass on the 16" model. The only reason for this gun is to suppress it. Why run the 16" barrel and risk supersonic?

Sig should release the 4.5" pistol with the sig brace. I think that model is what people want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, 

Joe Rohbock 
Rockwell Arms

+10000
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you work for Lancer? Doesn't cost that much to make a fricken mold for a magazine. It just so these companies can rape everyone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What you work for Lancer? Doesn't cost that much to make a fricken mold for a magazine. It just so these companies can rape everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have to offset R&D, tooling, marketing, employee time, etc.  The work into making the mags isn't free.  Hell, they probably had to work up a new blend of polymer for the mags as well since it would have different needs than an AR mag.

My guess is that the'll settle around $40-50 after full production settles in, but will have the occasional sale down to $35 or so.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#23]
If Sig truly planned for these magazines to cost seventy bucks each, I would reconsider the MPX because to me they really wouldn't have a gun to sell.

They've shown themselves much smarter than that in the past, so the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.   They aren't going to be tembucks each and sold all over the place in packs of 10, and they also shouldn't be sixty five bucks either.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]
40.00 per mag is doable and I am sure that is still a profit for them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Lancer signed a non-compete so no magazines except through Sig for a few years.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess I can ask santa for one now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I guess I can ask santa for one now.
View Quote

Xmas 2015!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lancer signed a non-compete so no magazines except through Sig for a few years.
View Quote

Magpul should make a mag for it and sell it for 1/3 the cost of the Lancer
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm telling ya..... If Sig would get these out there, with the pistol versions, and the pistol version 556Rxi....

I'd fire up my credit card to the point of melting. For real.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm telling ya..... If Sig would get these out there, with the pistol versions, and the pistol version 556Rxi....

View Quote

It is out there already. Although in small numbers
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's out there in small numbers? The MPX?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp de derp
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#33]
S
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: center;']

Derp de derp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp de derp

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Derp de derp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp de derp

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp de derp

I could care less that your a life member but keep your fricken negative comments to yourself. This is a MPX thread and not a 556XI thread so I was confirming what he meant by a few out there.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp de derp

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Sig just posted that the first shipment is going out. No mention on numbers or where they are going.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sig just posted that the first shipment is going out. No mention on numbers or where they are going.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/FullSizeRender_zps1cb53570.jpg
View Quote

That's what I like to see. Just wish I'd seen it back when they told me it was going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/FullSizeRender_zps1cb53570.jpg
View Quote

Two more weeks it'll be out
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously shipping USPS if that's the case.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

truth
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

truth
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

truth

FALSE!

If it were true, it would be 8 weeks out. USPS would 'lose' it, ATF would get involved, then some random misunderstood employee would find it misplaced in the back corner with some ipads and playstations. After the union fights for this employee, the atf clears him, then it will finally be on it's way.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

FALSE!

If it were true, it would be 8 weeks out. USPS would 'lose' it, ATF would get involved, then some random misunderstood employee would find it misplaced in the back corner with some ipads and playstations. After the union fights for this employee, the atf clears him, then it will finally be on it's way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

truth

FALSE!

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

FALSE!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

truth

FALSE!

Well it hasn't actually I been in the system yet, there's still a good chance of all that happening.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:37:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thing I highlighted in red. The pistol 556xi in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#46]
wow they are shipping one out!!!! wait one?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone know if sig will be selling factory SBRs in semi auto for civis?
View Quote

This is what I'm waiting on, well I'm really waiting on the K model, but I haven't heard if they are going be available or not.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#49]
My understanding is that the factory SBR's are a Go. There was some word on that recently, can't remember where.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I meant by "get these out there"... Not a handful on gun broker. I wanna see em from vendors here and places like Buds.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top