Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2012 6:12:34 PM EDT
So I'm REALLY excited about the new SIG 556 XI..Not because it has a reversible charging handle (That is one thing I could actually live without), the mag catch is not only more accessible for us that weren't born with alien fingers, but is also ambi,  the TROY rail is slender and mounted to a new style gas block and has the lug to retain the stock when folded (Other TROY rails for the 556 do not), and the ability to take a decent set of sights (Think TROY Micros) that don't cost upwards of 1K like the Swiss variants. SIG was hoping to start shipping this month, but I haven't heard a peep about 'em. Anyone out there in SIG land with any info?

For those who haven't seen one,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNMBkC8xvs
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Really dig the 10.5  haven't seen this yet
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
wasnt the XI supposed to be a quick change barrel as well?? that was what I really wanted.

not even a mention of it in the video, hopefully they didnt drop the ball on this one as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
wasnt the XI supposed to be a quick change barrel as well?? that was what I really wanted.

not even a mention of it in the video, hopefully they didnt drop the ball on this one as well.

I believe that I read somewhere that the quick change barrel was omitted...I guess we'll see when they get out.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is what had me excited about it, hopefully it remains otherwise I think the regular 556 would become more interesting to me. As I remember it wasn't a quick change as much as a remove able by gunsmith or armorer and there was a lengthened area by the forend where it looked to have a locking interface. I don't remember seeing it close enough to know if it was pins or nuts holding it in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's awesome. Would like to pick one up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top