Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2011 3:30:54 PM EDT
I am ready to order one of these but need to know how the AK surplus mags work and if steel cased ammo runs in these.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The new ones out have fixed the few issues the Gen 1 guns had.
I have heard no problems with the latest produced guns running steel cased ammo or using steel magazines
I have close to 4k rounds through my early production 556R, and it is still running strong.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine (early 2011 production) runs just fine with steel cased ammo. I haven't tried any steel/surplus mags in it yet though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess that this is a perfect example of how the internet can blow stuff out of proportion. I've searched and searched for any info on the revised rifles, and all I can find are the same threads by the same few people who got lemons when they first came out. Now it seems that Sig got their issues straightened out and everyone is happy and quiet. It was unfortunate, for Sig, that a very respected firearms reviewer got one of the lemons, but apparently it got some improvements made to the platform. I hope they continue production and come out with a patrol and pistol version for those of us that would like a SBR...
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hope they continue production and come out with a patrol and pistol version for those of us that would like a SBR...

+1000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top