Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2011 9:12:55 AM EDT
My 556 swat came with the folding stock that everyone hates...except that I actually like it.  Mine is perfectly functional and meets my needs, *except* that I wish I could raise the cheek weld by an inch or so (using a red dot with a lower 1/3 co witness, so its a bit high).

It seems like if I did, I would no longer be able to fold the stock closed (interference with the charging handle).

Has anyone seen or heard of a quick detachable cheek rest?  Something universal that I could drop on my 556?

I'm getting pretty tempted to try and make one myself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, a slightly out of date pic (not up to date with all my latest mods):  

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The airsoft copy of the swiss cheek riser seems to work pretty well (with some small mods it works for the us "classic" folder) and is "short" enough that you can still close the stock, although I do not believe you can fire or charge the weapon with the stock folded.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31312  <––- like that one.
eta:hotness

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The airsoft copy of the swiss cheek riser seems to work pretty well (with some small mods it works for the us "classic" folder) and is "short" enough that you can still close the stock, although I do not believe you can fire or charge the weapon with the stock folded.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31312  <––- like that one.

eta:hotness

I was going to say "never an airsoft product" on my firearms, then I see its actually made by Sig....

I may have to try this, thanks for the link.

Anyone else tackle this problem?
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That item may simply be imprinted with the name "SIG", not made by them.  Several bootleg replica items from China have the name of the company they are copying (LaRue, Knight's Armament, Colt, etc.).    Go to Colorado Gun Sales to see a photo of the genuine Swiss cheek weld.  Even the letter font is different.  Either way, I don't know if the snap on cheek riser even fits the collapsing stock.  Its for the Swiss folding, non-collapsing stocks (i.e. PE90).
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That item may simply be imprinted with the name "SIG", not made by them.  Several bootleg replica items from China have the name of the company they are copying (LaRue, Knight's Armament, Colt, etc.).    Go to Colorado Gun Sales to see a photo of the genuine Swiss cheek weld.  Even the letter font is different.  Either way, I don't know if the snap on cheek riser even fits the collapsing stock.  Its for the Swiss folding, non-collapsing stocks (i.e. PE90).

Yeah after I posted that I started looking at the one at CO gun sales and noticed the same thing.

I'm thinking I may actually try to fabricate something...I'm not sure how I would do it exactly, I'll have to give it some thought.

I want something that pops on and off quickly, but beyond that I'm not sure.

I like this, but it requires permanent mod of the stock and doesn't really quick detach:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=universal+cheek+rest&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12334196954181340766&sa=X&ei=ikiWTdesAuniiAL1pZSdCQ&ved=0CCkQ8wIwAg#
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it's a chinese airsoft knockoff but...uh...it's a piece of plastic? If it "fails" who gives a crap? Anyway, it (apparently) will snap onto the US classic stock, but needs trimming at the front to clear it in the "most collapsed" position.

If you'd like to pay 250 bucks for the swiss part, knock yourself out.

ETA: Pics of the riser in question on a classic (not mine):

Link Posted: 4/4/2011 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, it's a chinese airsoft knockoff but...uh...it's a piece of plastic? If it "fails" who gives a crap? Anyway, it (apparently) will snap onto the US classic stock, but needs trimming at the front to clear it in the "most collapsed" position.

If you'd like to pay 250 bucks for the swiss part, knock yourself out.

ETA: Pics of the riser in question on a classic (not mine):

I hate to be "that guy," but has anybody seen one of these in OD Green?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top