Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 8:35:25 PM EDT
im going to add about 2-3 employees to new shop, do i have to add them to the ffl or do anything different?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not necessarily. You must not have any reason to believe that they are prohibited persons, though.

If they wil be able to manage and control firearms operations/compliance (unsupervised), then they'd need to be added as RPs on your FFL.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to allow them to transport firearms by themselves, for testing or something, it would be good (for them) to give them an employee possessor letter stating they are your employee and authorized to have them. I used to carry a binder with such a letter, copies of FFL, SOT, and any NFA forms for the shop's or customer's guns when going to test-fire them or picking up & dropping off work from other FFLs. I never had need to show that stuff, but it might save you a phone call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top