Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2017 3:32:30 AM EDT
To dovetail with jonblacks thread without posting in his thread and derailing it, I am throwing this out to the other FFL s here.

It isn't uncommon to have people order through places like Buds Gunshop using the FFL I keep on file there. Generally I only find out when the shipping email hits my inbox.

One of my competitors in town is dealing with a stolen valor guy who had a receiver shipped to him and the FFL isn't comfortable with a transfer for obvious reasons.

Stolen Valor guy called me yesterday looking for me to do the transfer. As I'd already heard about the guy through the grapevine I declined.

Now here's my question. Does places like Buds keep a list of people not allowed to use a dealer on file FFL to places an online order? I get that I can decline any transfer, but having to deal with a gun that was ordered without my knowledge by a known nutjob is a hassle I'd just as soon avoid. Or is a dealer generally screwed, and by having their FFL on file mean they have no way to avoid a particular customer from ordering and then having to deal with the customer service nightmare of saying I don't want your business for a gun already on your doorstep as described in jonblacks thread
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does places like Buds keep a list of people not allowed to use a dealer on file FFL to places an online order? I get that I can decline any transfer, but having to deal with a gun that was ordered without my knowledge by a known nutjob is a hassle I'd just as soon avoid. Or is a dealer generally screwed, and by having their FFL on file mean they have no way to avoid a particular customer from ordering and then having to deal with the customer service nightmare of saying I don't want your business for a gun already on your doorstep as described in jonblacks thread
View Quote

Your buddy should ask to be removed from the Bud's "Preferred Dealer" list.  https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ffl.php

Otherwise, I don't believe that any of the large online sellers have the capability for their transfer dealers to create a client blacklist.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Refuse the shipment.  Simple as that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Refuse the shipment.  Simple as that.
View Quote
When you have multiple guns showing up on a particular day it's not always that easy to cherry pick the one you may not even know yet was ordered in the manner I described.
Thanks for the idea, though. Appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you have multiple guns showing up on a particular day it's not always that easy to cherry pick the one you may not even know yet was ordered in the manner I described.
Thanks for the idea, though. Appreciate the feedback.
View Quote

Also firearms from "Bud's" may be drop-shipped from another distributor so you'd have to refuse everything from them as well, and the buyer's name usually isn't on the outside of the box.  I'm not making my UPS and FedEx guys stand around while I open up everything that got dropped off that day, they'd end up hating me and those are folks you don't want mad at you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
There are certain suppliers who I have told that the only shipments I will accept from them are those placed by me, and our file is noted. I believe the only ones I've told that to are Bud's and CTD. I don't know if they would go to the extent of maintaining a prohibited list for you though. That seems like a lot of work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top