Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2017 12:42:53 AM EDT
Our local airport gave us a PO to order a bunch of shotguns. We ordered them, and now the procurement officer working there is hemming and hawing about not wanting to fill out a 4473 for us to release them.

I know a LEO agency does not have to complete a 4473 with a department letter, but what about other state government agencies, like an airport?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a legit question to ask ATF.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know a LEO agency does not have to complete a 4473 with a department letter, but what about other state government agencies, like an airport?
View Quote

Applies to any state government entity, or political subdivision thereof, provided they are acting within their legal mandate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a legit question to ask ATF.
View Quote

Sounds like someone did not read or understands rules & regs before or after getting their FFL.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like someone did not read or understands rules & regs before or after getting their FFL.
View Quote

Yes because I'm sure you have every single ATF rule and regulation memorized by heart
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes because I'm sure you have every single ATF rule and regulation memorized by heart
View Quote

Don't need too.

ATF publishes the Federal Firearms Regulations Guide. All you need to do is read it when you have a question.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Don't need too.

ATF publishes the Federal Firearms Regulations Guide. All you need to do is read it when you have a question.
View Quote

Then maybe you could tell me what part of this guide I should be looking in to find the answer
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Then maybe you could tell me what part of this guide I should be looking in to find the answer
View Quote

Do you have no google-fu at all? Just lazy? These things are searchable, including the regulations books on CD you got when you were licensed, and get regular updates for while you maintain your license...

This is your business, and its YOUR JOB to know this stuff, not rely on hearsay.

27 CFR §478.141(a)

Spend a little quality time reading over and learning your regs, please.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You got to be fucking kidding me?  Who's getting paid here?  You're the one that got the PO so you should know what the fuck you're doing.

This thread is not going to turn out like you wanted it to.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah apparently researching things and asking for assistance before doing something wrong is a problem  if you read the OP I already tried researching and was unable to locate the info I needed
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah apparently researching things and asking for assistance before doing something wrong is a problem  if you read the OP I already tried researching and was unable to locate the info I needed
View Quote

You should have never accepted the PO if you did not know how to do you job and execute the transaction.  If I was the purchasing manager I would have cancelled the PO due to incompetence.  You need to read the CFR cover to cover...numerous times!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember my IOI telling me that Leo with dept letterhead  didn't need the nics check but u had to save the letter

She mentioned that lots of Leo pull that crap where they refuse to do it when they DONT have a letter.

Your specific situation I think still requires you to have them fill out a 4473 but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure regardless of whatever situation. A 4473 is always required even if it's a fed unless there's a letter saying they are using it for their official duties.

Remember it's your business, your license.

Is this TSA that's asking for this ? Or some other federal branch ?

I thought TSA wasn't considered an authority like law enforcement but rather like security guards.

Eta- I noticed your thread title says non Leo.
So I'm pretty sure a 4473 is required.

Usually on a Leo letter supposedly should state that the person has no felonies or misdemeanors.  But I don't deal in that field at all.
Only Leo I sold to was off duty and I ran nics and 4473

I don't understand why dude is making such a big deal?
Is he antigun or something? Thinks that doing a 4473 will " scar" him with having a "record" of buying guns?

Why was he so crazy about it ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I remember my IOI telling me that Leo with dept letterhead  didn't need the nics check but u had to save the letter

She mentioned that lots of Leo pull that crap where they refuse to do it when they DONT have a letter.

Your specific situation I think still requires you to have them fill out a 4473 but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure regardless of whatever situation. A 4473 is always required even if it's a fed unless there's a letter saying they are using it for their official duties.

I thought TSA wasn't considered an authority like law enforcement but rather like security guards.

Usually on a Leo letter supposedly should state that the person has no felonies or misdemeanors.  But I don't deal in that field at all.

Is he antigun or something? Thinks that doing a 4473 will " scar" him with having a "record" of buying guns?

View Quote

Good grief.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good grief.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top