Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 3:10:29 PM EDT
Was always curious whether the ranges that rent full-auto have to use transferables, or if they are allowed to rent out post-86 dealer samples?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems crazy not to.  The guy I knew doing the machine gun rentals
Used those exclusively.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was always curious whether the ranges that rent full-auto have to use transferables, or if they are allowed to rent out post-86 dealer samples?
View Quote

Why would they use anything else?

"Renting" a machinegun actually isn't, because no transfer of ownership takes place - you're just paying a lot for the opportunity to hose some ammo through it, under the supervision of the registered owner or their employee or authorized representative thereof.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I was wondering whether it was allowed as post-86 samples are supposed to be for LE/Mil demo and required a letter of interest from an agency to obtain.

Guess I be newb.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I was wondering whether it was allowed as post-86 samples are supposed to be for LE/Mil demo and required a letter of interest from an agency to obtain.

Guess I be newb.
View Quote

That's the joke

Most rental places I've seen use them almost exclusively. Why blow up a $20K transferable when you can blow up a modern higher quality gun that pays for itself in a few months or a year.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Guess I be newb.
View Quote

For C3 dealers first to acquire them, yes - once that purpose has been fulfilled, they're just inventory. C1/C2 don't even need demo letters to make or import them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For C3 dealers first to acquire them, yes - once that purpose has been fulfilled, they're just inventory. C1/C2 don't even need demo letters to make or import them.
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top