Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 5:55:33 PM EDT
I'm trying to find out the steps and costs to getting a type 7 ffl

I live in Michigan and my goal is to be able to convert semi auto hand guns, ar15, ak47s ect to fire in full auto basically I want to own a full auto gun I think they are cool and I'm willing to go threw the process if that means I can own one worry free
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure if this is a troll thread or if you are really serious.

You need to read up on the laws it is not just as easy as converting.  You would be better off buying a RDIAS or M16 lower but you are going to have to pony up probably 10-20K.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't just get a type 7 and build my own?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
So what you guys are saying is it would be cheaper to buy a pre ban full auto then to get the ffl to use sears
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
What you're proposing will earn you a one way ticket to Club Fed. If you're getting an FFL you must be doing it with the intention of being engaged in the firearms business. You can't get your 07 FFL (manufacturer) and pay the Class 2 SOT with the sole purpose of making and acquiring machine guns for your own use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there anyway around owning a business
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What you're proposing will earn you a one way ticket to Club Fed. If you're getting an FFL you must be doing it with the intention of being engaged in the firearms business. You can't get your 07 FFL (manufacturer) and pay the Class 2 SOT with the sole purpose of making and acquiring machine guns for your own use.
View Quote

What if I sell a gun every now an then? Help me out guys I'm trying to figure out a loop hole to legally do this
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
We already answered this in your other thread. Give it a rest
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We already answered this in your other thread. Give it a rest
View Quote

Amen. I think a mod should come along and lock this.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Why are you getting mad I'm simply trying to understand an so far I have got nothing but sarcastic an vague answers
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why are you getting mad I'm simply trying to understand an so far I have got nothing but sarcastic an vague answers
View Quote

Because you are literally asking for a way to break the law
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going out of my way to be legal and understand the laws until yesterday I never considered getting a ffl but im very interested now and I want to understand the steps and rules.. can anybody tell me how much money it would cost to get me to type 7? I'm hear to learn not do anything illegal or fight with people on the internet I appreciate everyone's feed back
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Start a legit business that will sell directly to Law Enforcement agencies or the Fed Gov.  That is your only option. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that's the only way to own new full auto
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
You used a key word.

"Loophole"

U don't want to base decisions on a "loophole"

Also yes, start a legit business that sells to law enforcement and any type of LEO that can/will give you the law letter you need. Which will probably be NO one since you are NO one in the firearms business.

The guys you see building, playing, showing on YouTube with the full auto stuff are usually people who have either

1.paid to acquire RDIAS, or pre-Sample and paid the top dollar.
2. Is a legit manufacturer that is well known in the business or has the proper connections and contacts to receive the required law letters to produce post samples.
3. Borrowed from someone from 1 & 2 to use in YouTube videos, review etc.

Have a full auto gun might seem "cool" but that fun switch costs ALOT of money to maintain and I don't mean just the ammo to shoot it.

Your best option is to buy a RDIAS or a MG that's for sale that's registered as NFA
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Step 1: Determine whether or not your local zoning permits you to run a manufacturing business from your home.
Step 2: Determine whether or not your HOA CCR's permit you to run a business from your home.
Step 3: Form LLC (you don't want to play as a manufacturer as a sole proprietor).  Initial and annual filing fees vary by state.
Step 4: Get an EIN from the IRS.  Free.
Step 5: Apply for FFL.  $200.
Step 6: Get insurance.  Rates will vary depending on coverage.
Step 7: Get set up with the state to collect and remit sales taxes.  Free.
Step 8: Make first post-sample and file your ATF Form 2 on it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Asking for information to get around federal law
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top