Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2017 1:56:44 PM EDT
I'm probably gonna change my premise location because I need a bigger place for my primary business.

Is the normal procedure to file form 5300.38?

Also I believe I have to send in the original license with the form and wait for the new one?

The IOI( Which was/is a trainee) I contacted her and she says to fill out the 5300.38 and there will be another visit from her or another IOI and to go over the same stuff as last time. Which makes no sense for a visit at the new place because the original visit consisted of only procedures on being an FFL. Nothing related to zoning or permitted uses etc.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm probably gonna change my premise location because I need a bigger place for my primary business.

Is the normal procedure to file form 5300.38?
Yes, that's the only way to do a change of premises address.

Also I believe I have to send in the original license with the form and wait for the new one?
No such requirement. You can continue business at the original location until you get the updated license.

The IOI( Which was/is a trainee) I contacted her and she says to fill out the 5300.38 and there will be another visit from her or another IOI and to go over the same stuff as last time.
Yup. New premises, new "inspection"

Which makes no sense for a visit at the new place because the original visit consisted of only procedures on being an FFL. Nothing related to zoning or permitted uses etc.
Prior to the "inspection" the IOI will review your city/state/county/HOA/zoning requirements. They know before the meeting if your address is legal.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I emailed her after this post and she said to fill out that 5300.38 and to send in my license my current one. She's a trainee(or was) when she did my app.

I'm almost considering just doing my home instead of the new office mainly because the previous landlord almost shit a brick when she heard guns. But I told her I wasn't making a "gun shop"  so she was ok with it.

My new place the landlord is really great but he's somewhat challenged. I don't even know how to say this right. He's a Hispanic guy. Speaks English. Been here 30 years but he's like not up to par with how certain things work (FFL Licensing)

Arg
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno if it depends on the IOI you get but my original one had no questions as to zoning or to see the business license or zoning clearance. I had asked her and she just said it was up to me to be sure it was cleared. But she did call the landlord to double check about the ok for the license in their building.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed her after this post and she said to fill out that 5300.38 and to send in my license my current one.
No such requirement and why are you asking your IOI when the 5300.38 tells you everything you need to know.

She's a trainee(or was) when she did my app.
She ain't real bright.

I'm almost considering just doing my home instead of the new office mainly because the previous landlord almost shit a brick when she heard guns. But I told her I wasn't making a "gun shop"  so she was ok with it.

My new place the landlord is really great but he's somewhat challenged. I don't even know how to say this right. He's a Hispanic guy. Speaks English. Been here 30 years but he's like not up to par with how certain things work (FFL Licensing)

Arg
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
478.52 does say that the applicant's original license shall accompany the COA application. That's why the IOI is saying to send your FFL in with the COA application.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
478.52 does say that the applicant's original license shall accompany the COA application. That's why the IOI is saying to send your FFL in with the COA application.
View Quote

<----has changed addresses twice in eight years and never sent in a copy of my FFL with the 5300.38

ATF already has a copy of the original and can print out a new one anytime they (or you) want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top