Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2016 12:09:27 AM EDT
Just looked at their gun prices and all I can say is WOW! On a Bersa BP 9CC they want $50 more for it than the cost at Zanders. Who would buy from them?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a customer order 2 kimbers from them. He got a great price. Some stuff is high.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just looked at their gun prices and all I can say is WOW! On a Bersa BP 9CC they want $50 more for it than the cost at Zanders. Who would buy from them?
View Quote

They are most likely set up for retail sales
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
There goal is retail, not wholesale.  That's why they own Crow Shooting Supply and Gamaliel Shooting Supply.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Well great another distributor selling a little to nothing over cost. Guess FFL's will just raise transfer fees to make up for lost revenue.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Brownells IS moving to a more “retail” structure. The folks I know that are connected to Brownells have been very open about the change.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brownells IS moving to a more “retail” structure. The folks I know that are connected to Brownells have been very open about the change.
View Quote
Their gun parts are discounted very little now as well. I have all but stopped ordering anything from them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
more like an All for Them ,BEND OVER structure..

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Crazy like a fox, moving to cut out all the FFL middlemen. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Crazy like a fox, moving to cut out all the FFL middlemen. 
View Quote

Who are they going yo "cut out"?
ATF regs still require shipping to an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#10]
They used to not offer firearms, other than a few stripped receivers. They had the built-in "secret price" in the catalogs, so FFLs could upcharge their walk-in customers. As was stated above, that FFL discount hardly exists anymore. They market straight to the consumer, as an online retailer. Now they're doing it with firearms and ammo. Sure, you still get a transfer fee, but it's a whole different business model than Brownells used in the past. They're working to capture more of the market share.

Their firearm prices will probably decrease a little as their volume increases.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Brownells return policy costs money.  Someone has to pay for it.  The consumer!

Why do you think they bought several businesses in the last few years.

They bought Crow Shooting Supply and now opened two new warehouses in NV and NC.  
Crow stocks some Sinclair stuff at a discount.

They bought Gamaliel Shooting Supply, but it remains a stand-alone business.
They bought Champion Shooting Supply (LaCrosse, WI) gobbled up under Crow.

Very few online retailers take trades.  And, most savvy gun dealers know the money is in used guns, more so than new guns.  Best to take the transfer fee and bank it online dealer purchases.
Sure inventory costs money, but a lot of gun owners like to trade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top