Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2016 12:18:20 AM EDT
Got my papers today, I officially have an 07 FFL.  

I started this journey several years ago, I bought a Southbend Fourteen lathe and a milling machine and started learning how to use them.  Soon I was barreling rifles for myself, then for others.  A year ago, after 12 years in IT I moved out of the office and became a maintenance machinist within the same company, and started going back to school for CNC.  At work we currently use manual machines, but we're supposed to be getting CNC capability within a year and I'll be the CNC guy.

My main focus is long range, I've been doing tactical competitions for a while.  I do AR's as well of course, but I like chambering the barrels myself.  Anyone can put a box of parts together, and when I do the barrels myself I can make it exactly like I want.  

I'm excited to see where this goes.  I'll be taking it slow to start with, I'm busy with work and family and not looking to go full time for quite a while.  Next stage will be adding CNC capability at home, I'm looking forward to that.  I'll be sending off the SOT form as well, but that's just paperwork.

Just excited, and wanted to share!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!  You are bonafided now!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
A couple random pics.

AR10 build, originally in 6mm SuperLR, now in 6.5 Creedmoor.  22" Bartlien barrel with the gas system stretched 2" past rifle length, JP LMOS carrier with LMT bolt, JP SCS, Geissele.  Shoots very well, I won Wheaton's Overwatch series with it this year.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Badger Ordnance action, KMW Sentinel stock, Bartlien barrel in 6mm SuperLR.  I think I'm going to cut a barrel for this one in .308 soon too.

A top-tier, well-sponsored PRS shooter let me build his long range hunting rifle last year.  Surgeon action, carbon fiber Manners stock, Hawk Hill barrel in 6.5 SAUM.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a good feeling. You got a nice set up. Good machines are hard to find used with documented history.i chambered some barrels in .223, 9mm, 762.39 and one other. Its good when u can say you did at least that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top