Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2016 12:39:39 AM EDT
hi guys..

FFL was approved about 3 weeks ago. got the license relatively quick.. about less than 2 weeks.

anyways..im trying to get updated info as the search resulted in some old threads nothing really recent.

ive setup accounts with the following

RSR
Lipseys
MGE Wholesale
Davidsons (working on it)
Acusport(working on it)
Century(working on it)
Atlantic(working on it)

is there any other distributor i should consider opening an account with so i have the ability to get the best pricing possible?
for the most part i dont have a problem showing im a brick and mortar store, because its in my office building. i dont have any inventory or any shelving/displays but still acusport wants pics.

just wondering who else i should look into..

thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
In the past I've had accounts with Brownells, Lew Horton, Sports South, Bill Hicks, and Ellett Brothers. Also there's Jerry's Sports Center.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Zanders
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I did a lot of business with SOG (Southern Ohio Gun),but that's been years ago.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
www.gzanders.com

Link Posted: 10/6/2016 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
We have been VERY happy with Gunstoremasters electronic Bound Book system. It has both on and off-line functionality which helps when the web is down. It also has a section for manufacturing if you're into that. It is a very intuitive system that has a very short learning curve. It isn't the cheapest option out there, but I don't give a damn about that. AS I've stated many times, on many topics, it works for me. ymmv
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Got activated on Zander's. And I'm doing some price comparison. They don't seem the cheapest. But that's just my prelim analysis.

Rsr seems good
Mge seemed high as well

Lipseys guy calls to give me info on activation but I was in middle of dropping kids off to class and told him to call me back in 15min. He said ok 30min and now i gotta call him. Great. Too bad that million dollar order wasn't today's plan.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to use Jerry's Sports Center quite a bit.  A couple locals I have used shop at Elletts.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
10. I do not want a line of credit. Why do I have to complete a credit application?
a. Ellett Brothers and Jerrys Sports Center requires all new dealers to complete a credit application regardless of chosen payment terms.

This is really a turn off.. They force you to fill out a credit app even if you choose NOT to use or want any credit terms with them.  So paying cash literally means nothing because you have to still give them your credit and personal guarantee. Never have i heard a company who forces you to do that if you want to open an account..
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10. I do not want a line of credit. Why do I have to complete a credit application?
a. Ellett Brothers and Jerrys Sports Center requires all new dealers to complete a credit application regardless of chosen payment terms.

This is really a turn off.. They force you to fill out a credit app even if you choose NOT to use or want any credit terms with them.  So paying cash literally means nothing because you have to still give them your credit and personal guarantee. Never have i heard a company who forces you to do that if you want to open an account..
View Quote

I agree 100%. I don't mind a few questions, but when I am paying by credit card through ACH, to hell with all that crap. I never saw anything on Jerrys or Ellett Brothers (that I was going to order) that I couldn't buy elsewhere.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top