Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2016 10:05:12 PM EDT
Form 2 is sent, now I'm puzzling over my manufacturing record and how to enter this thing in AIMI ebook. Software seems to force both manufacturer and received from - when we are both.

Am I recording manufacturing in a separate record and then logging it into A&D as received from ourselves?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
When in doubt read the CFR - 478.123(a)

MFG requires these fields:

TYPE
MODEL
CALIBER OR GAUGE
SERIAL NUMBER
DATE OF MFG OR ACQUISITION

If your S/W does not support this, get new S/W.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When in doubt read the CFR - 478.123(a)

MFG requires these fields:

TYPE
MODEL
CALIBER OR GAUGE
SERIAL NUMBER
DATE OF MFG OR ACQUISITION

If your S/W does not support this, get new S/W.
View Quote

Oh it supports all that.  What it's not doing is making a manufacturing line workable (It demands a 'received from' and won't let  you enter yourself as a transferring dealer!!!), nor will it let you check a firearm out for manufacturing (stripped lower out, back in as a rifle) without doing a 4473.

In other words, it's literally overdoing it, and screwing me in the process.  About to bail on it for EZ Arms Keeper - less features but also lets you operate as needed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you ask the software vendor about this?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you ask the software vendor about this?
View Quote

The support is nonexistent unless you pony up $99 for one instance.

You'd assume that a vendor trying to get you to switch from demo to a $500 full version would at least throw you a bone as to how it would be accomplished, but nope, a curt email saying pay or get bent. My reply was as curt saying I'd buy elsewhere.

Switching to ez arms keeper, paid, immediately. Less features but it works. Coliseum software can get bent.  Buggy, graphics heavy, unwieldy... Do not recommend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
We have been very happy with Gun Store Master. We are a full scale gunshop though. Have not logged/made a full auto yet, but it is coming soon. I'll look Monday and see how our system is set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top