Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2016 9:44:27 PM EDT
ATF form fd-258, the fingerprint cards. I have to call and order these correct? Whats the wait time?

Also, if I'm the sole propeitor, but my wife will be signing for packages if they are delivered when I am not home, this is a responsible person right?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
ATF form fd-258, the fingerprint cards. I have to call and order these correct?
Order them online at ATF.gov
Whats the wait time?
I get most ATF shipments in about a week.

Also, if I'm the sole propeitor, but my wife will be signing for packages if they are delivered when I am not home, this is a responsible person right?
No.
A responsible person is someone who has the power to direct the management and policies of the business entity.

Thanks for any help.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF form fd-258, the fingerprint cards. I have to call and order these correct?

Order them online at ATF.gov

Whats the wait time?

I get most ATF shipments in about a week.

No.

A responsible person is someone who has the power to direct the management and policies of the business entity.

Thanks for any help.

I'm gonna start IM'ing you directly from now on. You are a font of information for topic specific items, from NFA to FFL. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#3]
As a sole prop and being married, she can largely handle the business.  If you were to die, she could carry on the business.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As a sole prop and being married, she can largely handle the business.  If you were to die, she could carry on the business.
View Quote
She won't have anything to do with it. Just sign for packages if I'm at work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, she could not.
Sole proprietor means exactly that.......sole, as in only proprietor. While a spouse may be the beneficiary, she does not inherit the Federal Firearms License.
She would need to apply for her own FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top