Posted: 8/13/2016 12:28:46 PM EDT
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/remove-gunsmithing-itar

Seen in GD.

Hit it & spread the word!
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]
This is sad... Only a few have signed and 91K to go before 5 Sept.
Looks like not enough gunsmiths know about this and or...Not enough gunsmiths exist..
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is sad... Only a few have signed and 91K to go before 5 Sept.
Looks like not enough gunsmiths know about this and or...Not enough gunsmiths exist..
View Quote

What's sad is anyone thinking a whitehouse.gov "petition" has any effect at all.

It's a device to placate the masses.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
No, the truly sad thing is that with a stroke of a pen, a bureaucracy can destroy so many business's.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, the truly sad thing is that with a stroke of a pen, a bureaucracy can destroy so many business's.
View Quote

It's called a dictatorship.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, its not a fucking dictatorship. Anyone who stayed awake through 5th grade social studies would know that.

ATF or any other "bureaucracy" (like the IRS, VA, EPA, DOD, etc) cannot invent law. They do create administrative regulations based on law because Federal law gives them that authority. When those administrative regulations overreach the intent of Congress then Congress comes back and bitch slaps them. If the administrative regulation violates the Constitution, then the bureaucrats get bitch slapped by the Federal courts.

Do not mistake my explanation for agreement with ATF and the State Departments actions. It's not. But calling such actions "dictatorship" shows you either don't know what a real dictatorship is or you don't understand how our government works.

Bottom line......don't like a bureaucratic ruling? Call/email/write your Congressman. Signing an online petition results in Obama laughing his ass off. Your Congressman can  take action, an online petition doesn't do jack shit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ATF or any other "bureaucracy" (like the IRS, VA, EPA, DOD, etc) cannot invent law. They do create administrative regulations based on law because Federal law gives them that authority. When those administrative regulations overreach the intent of Congress then Congress comes back and bitch slaps them. If the administrative regulation violates the Constitution, then the bureaucrats get bitch slapped by the Federal courts.

Do not mistake my explanation for agreement with ATF and the State Departments actions. It's not. But calling such actions "dictatorship" shows you either don't know what a real dictatorship is or you don't understand how our government works.

Bottom line......don't like a bureaucratic ruling? Call/email/write your Congressman. Signing an online petition results in Obama laughing his ass off. Your Congressman can  take action, an online petition doesn't do jack shit.
View Quote

I'm aware that many laws are written this way. But many times this is exceeded and we are seeing an example of this. Obama has been so bad about this that you even have the liberal constitutional prof Jonathan Turly testifying to confess that this is a big danger to the separation of powers.

Anyhow, the whole idea of writing laws that give law making powers (creating regulations) to the executive branch flies in the face of the constitution. The motivation for the separation of powers concept was to prevent monarchies that controlled everything and could change the laws on a whim. But now I guess making laws is too much work for the legislative branch so they write easy laws that outsource the hard work to the executive branch. Then we watch as the country inches everyday towards what the founders where trying to prevent.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
What are you smoking!  When's the last time YOU wrote your congressman and got satisfaction!  Get in REALITY Bub, this isn't the gov't you were told it was in 5th grade!
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm aware that many laws are written this way. But many times this is exceeded and we are seeing an example of this. Obama has been so bad about this that you even have the liberal constitutional prof Jonathan Turly testifying to confess that this is a big danger to the separation of powers.

Anyhow, the whole idea of writing laws that give law making powers (creating regulations) to the executive branch flies in the face of the constitution.
That would be true if the agencies were making regulations with no law to back them up. A Federal agency needs to have legislative authority to create any new regulation. It is not unusual to get bitchslapped by Congress or the courts.

It also isn't anything new, the practice started the day after the Constitution was written.

The motivation for the separation of powers concept was to prevent monarchies that controlled everything and could change the laws on a whim.
True, but while you think it's a whim, existing law often makes it possible. That possibility is the fault of Congress.
But now I guess making laws is too much work for the legislative branch so they write easy laws that outsource the hard work to the executive branch.
Nailed it.
Then we watch as the country inches everyday towards what the founders where trying to prevent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyhow, the whole idea of writing laws that give law making powers (creating regulations) to the executive branch flies in the face of the constitution.
That would be true if the agencies were making regulations with no law to back them up. A Federal agency needs to have legislative authority to create any new regulation. It is not unusual to get bitchslapped by Congress or the courts.

It also isn't anything new, the practice started the day after the Constitution was written.

The motivation for the separation of powers concept was to prevent monarchies that controlled everything and could change the laws on a whim.
True, but while you think it's a whim, existing law often makes it possible. That possibility is the fault of Congress.
But now I guess making laws is too much work for the legislative branch so they write easy laws that outsource the hard work to the executive branch.
Nailed it.
Then we watch as the country inches everyday towards what the founders where trying to prevent.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What are you smoking!
<---nonsmoker.
When's the last time YOU wrote your congressman and got satisfaction!
Three times in the last two years.

Get in REALITY Bub, this isn't the gov't you were told it was in 5th grade!
You are correct, when I was in the 5th grade LBJ was POTUS and both houses of Congress were controlled by the Democratic Party.
Right now both houses are controlled by the Republican Party.

So yeah, it isn't the same.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Has there ever been anything changed through these petitions, or is a bottomless suggestion box nobody checks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Has there ever been anything changed through these petitions, or is a bottomless suggestion box nobody checks?

If it doesn't fit the Obama administration agenda it does nothing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just had a conversation with a local gunsmith. He's closing his shop because of this ruling. I don't know how successful his business was in the first place but he's done now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just had a conversation with a local gunsmith. He's closing his shop because of this ruling. I don't know how successful his business was in the first place but he's done now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't agree with the gun regulations of ITAR, but if $2200 a year makes his business unprofitable it probably wasn't very profitable to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Drone strike target list signup.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#16]
We should add this to Trump's hitlist of illegal Obama administration actions that need to go away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top