Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 9:34:14 AM EDT
Im in texas, how long after i apply to get ffl?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The entire process should be completed within 60 days.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
im in IL and applied for my 01 late march of '15...had license in hand the 1st of may '15, so about a month.  I LOVE HAVING IT
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Mines just passed 30days so I'm hoping I hear for interview real soon
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
in fort worth, took 28 days from mailing, interview, license in hand.  my IOI said she was alone in the office because everyone else went to Oklahoma to inventory fertilizer.  Mine sounded like an easy job to her.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn anything ATF related for me always ends up taking its sweet ass time. SBR took long seemed like and I keep hearing n seeing people getting there FFL under 30days. And I'm actually legit with an actual retail space not a home based! All my city and state Licenses and permits  and stuff are all done!

Edit....
Just got the call to setup the interview.  That was 41 days I believe.

Not bad at all. Really happy but will be happier when done.

I do recommend getting all the required licenses and stuff even tho you have 30days after license issue I believe. I just went ahead and did it while waiting for the interview date because I was confident I'd have no problems background or location qualification
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you perform gunsmithing work other than ffl address?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

A local gunsmith told me no.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He gave you bad info.  Transfers can only be done on the premises.  Gunsmithing can be done anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He gave you bad info.  Transfers can only be done on the premises.  Gunsmithing can be done anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Info came from the ATF . They did say he could do work at shooting events like knob creek . He was wanting to do maintenance on dept firearms they said no just on premises.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
nevermind
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
nevermind
View Quote

I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I had my interview already went well. The IOI wanted to clarify something in my background that I had expunged(even tho my background check cleared and she saw my ccw) so I dunno what the deal is. I believe I'm at 60days.

So hoping I hear from the old hag trainee(she was) already.

On a side note I did notice that she already had my first 3 and last 5 numbers on her paperwork. I could read it upside down but I couldn't write it down without being obvious or being rude(like using my phone or something)
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I had my interview already went well. The IOI wanted to clarify something in my background that I had expunged(even tho my background check cleared and she saw my ccw) so I dunno what the deal is. I believe I'm at 60days.

So hoping I hear from the old hag trainee(she was) already.

On a side note I did notice that she already had my first 3 and last 5 numbers on her paperwork. I could read it upside down but I couldn't write it down without being obvious or being rude(like using my phone or something)
View Quote
If you had asked, they would have told you the numbers. It's not a big secret.

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Question so I don't create another thread. During the interview process, do they inspect/view the building/area you are "operating" out of? Do they care?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Question so I don't create another thread. During the interview process, do they inspect/view the building/area you are "operating" out of? Do they care?
View Quote

I've had two different premises, neither went past my dining room table.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I remember, you are in AUS? Make sure that your zoning and HOA are ok as they are looking closely at that now
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If I remember, you are in AUS? Make sure that your zoning and HOA are ok as they are looking closely at that now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im gtg on that per city
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I had my interview, my IOI did ask to see the Garage and took a few pictures. Nothing for me to hide so I just let her do what she needed to do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When I had my interview, my IOI did ask to see the Garage and took a few pictures. Nothing for me to hide so I just let her do what she needed to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

mine didnt even take pictures.. she was actually with her trainer and the trainer just walked up to my license wall and glanced at it. didnt write down any info either. from what i understand you can get the city permits and tax stuff within 30 days after approval.

i had a felony expunged and dismissed way back in the day. So even though i can answer "NO" on the are you a felon or a convicted felon on the 4473 for some reason the ATF IOI made a big deal about this. well she didnt make a big deal about it after i showed her my CCW permit, but it was enough that she wanted to still see a printout of the expungement.

I guess they are doing their due dilligence, which makes NO sense, since she already told me that my backround had cleared.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Can you make changes to ffl app. When i get interviewed?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, sort of. The IOI should go over the application with you. At that time they will ask for clarification on anything they see on the app that might be unclear, incorrect, or questionable. They'll make note of any changes at that time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on what. I changed my hours of operation with her suggestion (made more sense) and also I changed my phone number. Also fixed the landlords info too.
What are you trying to change ?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Depends on what. I changed my hours of operation with her suggestion (made more sense) and also I changed my phone number. Also fixed the landlords info too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hours too lol and i may want to change to 07 not 01
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really sure on that issue. But got the call today! I'm approved. Pending the license coming in the mail of course.  Yeehah
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you should be able to change from 01 to 07. You will get a refund of $50. It may change your zoning approval, as the IOI will now check to see if manufacturing is allowed as opposed to just dealing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IOI told me the same thing only on my ffl address,whats up with that i didnt have it highlighted in book so i couldnt argue it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes, you should be able to change from 01 to 07. You will get a refund of $50. It may change your zoning approval, as the IOI will now check to see if manufacturing is allowed as opposed to just dealing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does the IOI look at the city zoning definitions manufacturing? I've been thinking about an 07, but would be doing only assembly with components from various OEMs (and with variances for lowers), not any machining.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So does the IOI look at the city zoning definitions manufacturing? I've been thinking about an 07, but would be doing only assembly with components from various OEMs (and with variances for lowers), not any machining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no requirement for 07FFL's to actually "manufacture" firearms.

The IOI will (or is supposed to) review your local zoning regulations prior to your interview.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#30]
update*** check cashed 09-22-16 ffl in hand 10-25-16.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top