Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/25/2016 10:02:33 PM EDT
Has anyone else heard about this from their rep? Seems like after June 21, 2016 they will be culling home based dealers from opening accounts. Sounds like the current home based guys will get the axe as well. I didn't order a lot of guns from them but I've bought quite a few accessories from them over the last few years. This will be a blow to my business.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying to register with the, right now and they're wanting pictures of my storefront. I told them I don't run a store. Waiting to hear back
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
andre3k- Did you hear this from your rep?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno, that sounds slightly dubious. I just had my interview and my IOI didn't say anything about it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Correct, no more HB dealers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I just had in interview 2 weeks ago and my IOI did not mention anything. and we did it in my kitchen at the table. she asked me where i would conducting my transactions
and i told her right where we are sitting and she said ok. at the end she told me i should receive my license in about 30 days.
so if they changed the ruling it was in the last week.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
IOI's have nothing to do with this, neither does the ATF. RSR and ONLY RSR is restricting homebased dealers and getting rid of them apparently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#7]
There are great distributors more than happy to ship guns/knives/ammo to home based FFL's.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
what is RSR?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to order lots of stuff from RSR, but now mainly use Zanders. I am not home based, but do not have a dedicated store front. Just looked it up, bought my first gun through them back in 1992.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I just emailed my rep and it's true. After June 21 they will start closing accounts of anyone they know to be a home based FFL.
This sucks because it seems likes it's becoming a trend in the industry. I'm small fry with RSR no doubt but my YTD purchases with them are just shy of 30k. They now want you to have a commercial storefront with retail sales space. This really socks for guys that may do a lot of volume because of gun shows but don't have storefronts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just emailed my rep and it's true. After June 21 they will start closing accounts of anyone they know to be a home based FFL.
This sucks because it seems likes it's becoming a trend in the industry. I'm small fry with RSR no doubt but my YTD purchases with them are just shy of 30k. They now want you to have a commercial storefront with retail sales space. This really socks for guys that may do a lot of volume because of guys shows but don't have storefronts.
View Quote

I do not think RSR is driving this, I think it is coming from MFGs, Glock for instance absolutely hates HB dealers. They have done everything to cut them off in the past, this is just anther step.

Sadly most of the gun industry is still stuck in 1985.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are great distributors more than happy to ship guns/knives/ammo to home based FFL's.
View Quote

Like MGE wholesale?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
You know when Jerry's did this they let all their established non dealers keep ordering from them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You know when Jerry's did this they let all their established non dealers keep ordering from them.
View Quote
RSR is only stopping the shipments of firearms to HB dealers, not accessories and such.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I spoke with my rep today and he said that is not the case. Their  policy has some wiggle room. You will just have to jump through some hoops.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#16]
My rep. told me this Tuesday, so I just emailed my rep as well as the sales manager today to see what can be done.  We'll see what they say.  I've been HB since 2009 and with them from the beginning.  Plenty of others to give business to if they choose the hard line, just a shame as their website is one of the best out there and it's very easy to order product/pay accounts etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
(Back Pocket) FFL's Fu-Ked themselves. RSR has been tracking packages after shipment.
UPS drivers leave notes in the delivery field such as ( note left by customer to leave with Neighbor )  (Signed by neighbor - later left in customers garage) etc.
Some of the Kitchen Table dealers aren't being responsible. Their real jobs take Priority. The above would never happen at a Brick Mortar shop even when closed.
Eventually someone is going to report a package missing, and RSR doesn't want the headaches with missing guns. This is why they are still shipping these dealers access.
Bottom line ; RSR feels if one has a little bit more than a $90.00 FFL invested, they would be more responsible.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Eventually someone is going to report a package missing, and RSR doesn't want the headaches with missing guns. This is why they are still shipping these dealers access.
View Quote

All my shipments from RSR require sig, so missing guns is pretty much impossible.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
RSR feels if one has a little bit more than a $90.00 FFL invested, they would be more responsible.
View Quote

Some of us have a lot more than $90 invested, and have been great customers to them, always paying before bills are due etc.  If they don't want our $$ I'll give it to another distributor who welcomes our business.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Some of us have a lot more than $90 invested, and have been great customers to them, always paying before bills are due etc.  If they don't want our $$ I'll give it to another distributor who welcomes our business.  
View Quote

I hear you.. I am sure RSR realizes that not everyone is a Loser..., though, it only takes one.
Think about how many " Back Pocket "  FFL's are walking among us.
These FFL holders only purchase for themselves and a few close friends.
" Total Losers "  A sale here and there. A  $50.00 profit is basically a free dinner for them and their Wife.
No stake in the Game.  They boast to their friends and co-workers... Look At Me! Look at Me! I am a Gun Dealer..
This same FFL has a full time job.. He isn't available to sign for a delivery between 0900 - 1700hrs..
Instead,,,he leaves a note on his door for UPS.
Please bring package to address number 202. They will sign for the Package.
Address 202 is "Nancy" Neighbor Friend.. Yes,, Nancy Stays at home all day.." Fake Boobs and all " .
Nancy signs for the package and tosses the package on her living room table... OMG.. Nancy received an incoming phone Call.. Husband Darren is stuck on the Highway.. Nancy leaves to help him out.
Chip and Dip teenagers arrive home from School. OMG Where is my Mom,, Where is my Mommy?  MOM??  Fake Boobs is gone. Mom left a message to her belly ache boys...  To my Loving sons... Please put Tatar Tots in the oven.
Chip looks at the box on the Coffee Table and says " Like em Wow Brother " SO COOL!  What is that? Let's Check her out.
Chip opens the Box and here comes a Handgun.
Hey Dip,, This is so Cool.. A real gun Man... The Bbl Reads ... 357 Magnum Cartridge... Oh My Gosh....  Daddy has boxes of bullets in his Closet that read " 357 " .
Let's go Check!
Chip finds the 357 rounds and loads up the Pistol... Bang... Dip is Dead!!  Dip,, Wake Up!! " Like em Wow! What just Happened?
Think about it...
Sandy Hook School Parent Losers have just received the OK to Proceed in bringing a lawsuit against Bushmaster Firearms.
Sandy Hook School Paarent Losers  just received the OK to Sue the end dealer.
Sandy Hook has just received  the OK to sue the Distributor that had Sold the firearm to the Dealer.
I DO NOT BLAME RSR at all for changing their POLICY.....

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I hear you.. I am sure RSR realizes that not everyone is a Loser..., though, it only takes one.
" Total Losers "  A sale here and there. A  $50.00 profit is basically a free dinner for them and their Wife.
No stake in the Game.  They boast to their friends and co-workers... Look At Me! Look at Me! I am a Gun Dealer..
This same FFL has a full time job.. He isn't available to sign for a delivery between 0900 - 1700hrs..
Address 202 is "Nancy" Neighbor Friend.. Yes,, Nancy Stays at home all day.." Fake Boobs and all " .
Nancy signs for the package and tosses the package on her living room table... OMG.. Nancy received an incoming phone Call.. Husband Darren is stuck on the Highway.. Nancy leaves to help him out.
Chip and Dip teenagers arrive home from School. OMG Where is my Mom,, Where is my Mommy?  MOM??  Fake Boobs is gone. Mom left a message to her belly ache boys...  To my Loving sons... Please put Tatar Tots in the oven.
Chip looks at the box on the Coffee Table and says " Like em Wow Brother " SO COOL!  What is that? Let's Check her out.
Hey Dip,, This is so Cool.. A real gun Man... The Bbl Reads ... 357 Magnum Cartridge... Oh My Gosh....  Daddy has boxes of bullets in his Closet that read " 357 " .
Let's go Check!
Chip finds the 357 rounds and loads up the Pistol... Bang... Dip is Dead!!  Dip,, Wake Up!! " Like em Wow! What just Happened?
Think about it...
Sandy Hook School Parent Losers have just received the OK to Proceed in bringing a lawsuit against Bushmaster Firearms.
Sandy Hook has just received  the OK to sue the Distributor that had Sold the firearm to the Dealer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's go Check!
Think about it...

That is the most retarded post I have ever read in this forum. Katie Couric cold not come up with that utter bullshit. Remind us the path the Sandy Hook shooter got his guns? From a HB FFL? No. From a Brick & Mortar shop. Where did Cho get his gun?  From a Brick & Mortar shop. San Bernadino terrorists?  From a Brick & Mortar shop.  See a pattern?

eta

The vast majority of guns used in 15 recent mass shootings, including at least two of the guns used in the San Bernardino attack, were bought legally and with a federal background check.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All my shipments from RSR require sig, so missing guns is pretty much impossible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RSR is changing their policy because the UPS driver "signed" for the gun, left it on the front porch of the HB dealer, and the gun ended up stolen.

For most HB guys buying from Bud's, CTD, KYGunCo, etc. is cheaper than buying from a distributor anyway.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#23]
OMG. ((RENEGADEX)) Talk about Denial. Trying to steer away from looking in the Mirror? RSR doesn't want to be a part of a Lawsuit because Back Pocket FFL's are having their packages delivered and signed for by someone else. The drivers write this crap on their board. It makes sense. Many of these KT  FFL's are not home during delivery. They are at Work. Take the FFL out of your Wallet and read ""Premises Address """ The shipments from Kitchen Table dealers are not being delivered to the Premisses. . ATF = Bad. - No Like This...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OMG. Talk about Denial. Trying to steer away from looking in the Mirror? RSR doesn't want to be a part of a Lawsuit because Back Pocket FFL's are having their packages delivered and signed for by someone else. The drivers write this crap on their board. It makes sense. Many of these KT  FFL's are not home during delivery. They are at Work. Take the FFL out of your Wallet and read ""Premises Address """ The shipments from Kitchen Table dealers are not being delivered to the Premisses. . ATF = Bad. - No Like This...
View Quote

Get your lies straight. First it was Nancy fake tits, then it is "someone else" now it is the ups driver.  Which lie is it?

Sandy hook which YOU brought up, was Brick & Mortar Shop.  As were almost all other mass shooters. If RSR does not want to be sued, they should stop selling to biggest supplier of guns to mass shooters - brick & mortar shops.

And you should learn the law. FFLS do not have to have guns shipped to premise address or even mailing address.  So you are wrong on that too.

So far everything you have claimed is 100% wrong
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get your lies straight. First it was Nancy fake tits, then it is "someone else" now it is the ups driver.  Which lie is it?

Sandy hook which YOU brought up, was Brick & Mortar Shop.  As were almost all other mass shooters. If RSR does not want to be sued, they should stop selling to biggest supplier of guns to mass shooters - brick & mortar shops.

And you should learn the law. FFLS do not have to have guns shipped to premise address or even mailing address.  So you are wrong on that too.

So far everything you have claimed is 100% wrong
View Quote

Ha, Ha. It's all,of the Above. Sure, one may have their firearm shipment sent to an Alternate Address though it must be listed. (The shipper Must use and print out the alternate address ON FILE) You cannot just pull an alternate Adress out of your ass the day UPS comes knocking -- Ha,Ha. Anything else you need to know Einstein?
As far as Sandy Hook Goes, I am trying to point out.((Most here understand)) is that Liberal Judges are letting BS nonsense Cases fly through. Fly through all the way up to the Distrubotor. Ten years from now Judges will probably say " Yes,,The Manufacturer of Said Trigger of the Shooters AR is Liable " you may sue the manufacturer of the Trigger. OMG...RSR doesn't want to deal with irresponsible FFL's. Some ruin it for the Rest...BTW this is how all laws are made. It use to be OK to spank your Child until that one dude had spanked his with a Baseball bat. Now,,,Nobody can Spank at all!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

RSR is changing their policy because the UPS driver "signed" for the gun, left it on the front porch of the HB dealer, and the gun ended up stolen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I have UPS drivers sign for me too, even as they hand me the package. Guns have been getting stolen for a long time. Lots of policies have been put in place to curb UPS theft, such as overnight delivery. Not much can be done when the company continues to hire unscrupulous people.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Your claim the HB dealers getting guns stolen by having a neighbor sign for them results in winning lawsuits, is, simply UTTER BULLSHIT and has NEVER happened.

Quoted:
Ha, Ha. It's all,of the Above. Sure, one may have their firearm shipment sent to an Alternate Address though it must be listed. (The shipper Must use and print out the alternate address ON FILE) You cannot just pull an alternate Adress out of your ass the day UPS comes knocking -- Ha,Ha. Anything else you need to know Einstein?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice backtrack but still wrong. My premises address is unshippable. My mailing address is a PO Box. Every single package I have gotten as an FFL is sent to an address not listed on my FFL and not known to anyone except the shipper, and  get this, including RSR! Surprise!

Quoted:
As far as Sandy Hook Goes, I am trying to point out.((Most here understand)) is that Liberal Judges are letting BS nonsense Cases fly through. Fly through all the way up to the Distrubotor.

That is how the law works. Since Lawful Arms in Commerce Law was passed, no honest dealer has been successfully sued. Unfortunately the only way to show you are protected under Lawful Arms in Commerce Law, is to put the evidence forward. We saw that in the Aurora Case:

Since a federal judge ordered the parents of a victim killed in the Aurora theater massacre to pay more than $200,000 in the defendants’ court costs, they said they’re forced to drop their appeal of the ruling because another loss may force them into bankruptcy.

Good news for you though is your perfect record of being WRONG on everything you post is still intact.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#28]
You're  purposely twisting what I am saying, or you're in complete total denial.

IF RSR has the label printed consistent to the Address you have on file with them, that address must be the final destination for the Package.

Notes aren't to be left on the delivery Adress door asking the driver to bring the package up the road to a neighbor whom you have asked to sign for it.

The FFL is responsible for that Firearm not your neighbors.

The Judge in the Sandy Hook case recently gave the go ahead to proceed with lawsuits against Bushmaster, The FFL and the Distributor involved.

The Immunity protection act that you mention does not cover Ditributors and FFL's. Only Manufacturers.

Even if it did, would RSR pay one of their Sales Reps to attend Courrt at $15.00 Per Hour, or would they need to hire a good layer to represent them?

Costing RSR thousands in legal costs, even if the case gets thrown out on day one.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

IF RSR has the label printed consistent to the Address you have on file with them, that address must be the final destination for the Package.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Another backtrack, but still wrong as there is no such requirement. As I said I do it including packages from RSR, as do many FFLs who run a B&M shop.

From ATF:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-firearms-be-shipped-licensee-address-different-business-premises-address-identified

May firearms be shipped to a licensee at an address different from the business premises address identified on the license?

Yes. Neither the GCA nor its implementing regulations require firearms be shipped only to the licensed business premises. Therefore, a licensee may lawfully receive firearms at the licensee’s mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms

Read it and weep. No requirement to have alternate shipping location on file. Tell them where to ship it, change it when en-route, all legal.

Quoted:

The Immunity protection act that you mention does not cover Ditributors and FFL's. Only Manufacturers.

Another WHOPPER of incorrect info.  

Public Law 109-92
109th Congress

An Act

To prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the  misuse of their products by others.

Quoted:

Even if it did, would RSR pay one of their Sales Reps to attend Courrt at $15.00 Per Hour, or would they need to hire a good layer to represent them?

Costing RSR thousands in legal costs, even if the case gets thrown out on day one.

Which as I pointed out is re-imbursable. so it does not cost them anything.

Seriously, how can one person be wrong on EVERYTHING they post?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Let's go Check!

Think about it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's go Check!

Think about it...

Which one are you Chip or Dip?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
.... RSR doesn't want to be a part of a Lawsuit because Back Pocket FFL's are having their packages delivered and signed for by someone else....
I've been an FFL for almost eight years and this is the first time I've heard the term "Back Pocket FFL's".....what the fuck are you talking about?
RSR has had staff attorneys for years, this isn't related to fear of lawsuits.

The drivers write this crap on their board. It makes sense. Many of these KT  FFL's are not home during delivery. They are at Work. Take the FFL out of your Wallet and read ""Premises Address """ The shipments from Kitchen Table dealers are not being delivered to the Premisses. . ATF = Bad. - No Like This...
You are ignorant of ATF regulations friend.
No regulation has EVER required shipping to the premises address.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
.... RSR doesn't want to be a part of a Lawsuit because Back Pocket FFL's are having their packages delivered and signed for by someone else....
I've been an FFL for almost eight years and this is the first time I've heard the term "Back Pocket FFL's".....what the fuck are you talking about?
RSR has had staff attorneys for years, this isn't related to fear of lawsuits.

The drivers write this crap on their board. It makes sense. Many of these KT  FFL's are not home during delivery. They are at Work. Take the FFL out of your Wallet and read ""Premises Address """ The shipments from Kitchen Table dealers are not being delivered to the Premisses. . ATF = Bad. - No Like This...
You are ignorant of ATF regulations friend.
No regulation has EVER required shipping to the premises address.

Quoted:
Ha, Ha. It's all,of the Above. Sure, one may have their firearm shipment sent to an Alternate Address though it must be listed.
No, it doesn't.
ATF asks that you notify them but no regulation requires such.

(The shipper Must use and print out the alternate address ON FILE) You cannot just pull an alternate Adress out of your ass the day UPS comes knocking -- Ha,Ha.
Ha Ha, wrong, wrong.

Anything else you need to know Einstein?
Yes.......did you finish high school?
Is English your first language?
Are you happy there is no ATF Test of Knowledge For FFL's?

As far as Sandy Hook Goes, I am trying to point out.((Most here understand)) is that Liberal Judges are letting BS nonsense Cases fly through. Fly through all the way up to the Distrubotor.
Horseshit.

Ten years from now Judges will probably say " Yes,,The Manufacturer of Said Trigger of the Shooters AR is Liable " you may sue the manufacturer of the Trigger. OMG...RSR doesn't want to deal with irresponsible FFL's. Some ruin it for the Rest...BTW this is how all laws are made. It use to be OK to spank your Child until that one dude had spanked his with a Baseball bat. Now,,,Nobody can Spank at all!
Apparently it's not too early in the day for this much bourbon.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...The next time you receive your Adult Signature Tracking info from RSR, take a good look at what you have for delivery options.

No reroute - no signature release. (All shaded out)

Better yet, next year when you sell your next firearm, ask your rep to ship it to an Address that you don't have on file with them.

Yes, Yes, Yes, ATF allows shipment to an alternate address other than your Premisses Adress listed on the FFL, though, there must be a notation pointing to this on your license. (It isn't a change by the day option for you) OMG.

BTW; It's going to be a nice weekend...perfect opportunity for you to get those signs built showing your Bussiness Name.

Attach them to the front of your Apartment, then take some photos. Do a good job, Cuz being cheesy isn't going to cut it.

Don't forget to take some photos of your interior retail space as well. A photo showing one of your workers standing behind the counter wearing a company logo shirt helps. OMG.

I remember a Funny/Chuckle myself and an ATF inspector had once concerning back pocket FFL's. He said, you know them folks are a bit messed up in the head.
Here they are bragging to me about selling all this, and all that, all the time. They claim to spend a lot of time keeping the Biz in order, records, receipts etc, etc.
Then when Tax time comes and IRS asks, they  don't claim any sales, or profit.  All of a sudden they're  ( just a Hobby,, I have a full time Job. Looky, I even have W'2's for my Real Job).
Some end up shutting down. Some just go to Jail.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...The next time you receive your Adult Signature Tracking info from RSR, take a good look at what you have for delivery options.
No reroute - no signature release. (All shaded out)
Yeah, yeah, yeah....what ATF requires and what RSR requires aren't the same smart guy.

Better yet, next year when you sell your next firearm, ask your rep to ship it to an Address that you don't have on file with them.
I have no problem doing that with Sports South, Glock, S&W, Sig and hundreds of other distributors and retailers. If one of them balks......I don't buy from them. It ain't that difficult.

Yes, Yes, Yes, ATF allows shipment to an alternate address other than your Premisses Adress listed on the FFL, though, there must be a notation pointing to this on your license. (It isn't a change by the day option for you) OMG.
Horseshit, again horseshit. Read the effing regs.

BTW; It's going to be a nice weekend...perfect opportunity for you to get those signs built showing your Bussiness Name.
At least most of us can spell "business"

Attach them to the front of your Apartment, then take some photos. Do a good job, Cuz being cheesy isn't going to cut it.
You are missing the point......if RSR wants a retail storefront, no one wants to go to the trouble....we just continue t use those distributors that want our business.

Don't forget to take some photos of your interior retail space as well. A photo showing one of your workers standing behind the counter wearing a company logo shirt helps. OMG.

I remember a Funny/Chuckle myself and an ATF inspector had once concerning back pocket FFL's. He said, you know them folks are a bit messed up in the head.
Again......only YOU know what you mean by a "back pocket FFL"......and oddly my IOI tells me stories of of the stupid shit the local brick and mortars pull.
Here they are bragging to me about selling all this, and all that, all the time. They claim to spend a lot of time keeping the Biz in order, records, receipts etc, etc.
Sure they do.
From the quality of your writing I'm sure you are a whiz at business.

Then when Tax time comes and IRS asks, they  don't claim any sales, or profit.  All of a sudden they're  ( just a Hobby,, I have a full time Job. Looky, I even have W'2's for my Real Job).
Some end up shutting down. Some just go to Jail.
Horseshit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#34]
It is Coming - RSR is only the 1st. Good bye. Bye-Bye -- Back Pocket FFL boys...
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#35]
i actually see the gun business as moving toward "back pocket FFLs".  As mentioned above, the online stores (Buds, KY, Gragagun, etc) have the potential to drive brick and mortar stores out of business.  The prices they charge undercut even the best "sale" prices at Cabela's or Dick's or a smaller local shop.  

Because of this, only a repeal of the 1968 Gun Control Act allowing people to receive firearms at their homes by mail order (eg Lee Harvey Oswald) would put me out of business.  I like my "back pocket FFL" model because I don't have to stock any inventory, I don't have to charge sales tax, i don't have to recover shipping charges.  If one of my many, many repeat customers is looking for a particular gun I can look online at many more stores than there are distributors and find them a great price for their purchase.  I don't have to worry if my order quantity is sufficient for the distributor to respect me or worry about cash flow needed to place the order.

I charge $15 or $25 for gun transfers and $50 for NFA transfers.  I'd put that amount per gun up against any but the largest gun store profit margins on firearms.

Also, i track my profits and expenses religiously and file accurate tax returns on my business.  The key word here is profit.  I love being a "Back Pocket FFL", and urge anyone that will put in the thought, planning,and responsibility required to be one to do so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
i actually see the gun business as moving toward "back pocket FFLs".  
I've asked this several times, but since you are only the second person to use the term.......WTF is a "back pocket FFL"?
I understand what a "brick & mortar" is.
I understand what a "kitchen table" is.

But what the fuck is a "back pocket FFL? Since ATF regulations require a licensed premises, no licensee can legally walk around selling guns wherever he wants.

As mentioned above, the online stores (Buds, KY, Gragagun, etc) have the potential to drive brick and mortar stores out of business.
Potential? They already are.
Too many guys get into the brick and mortar game and lose their shirts because they try to run with an outdated business model.

The prices they charge undercut even the best "sale" prices at Cabela's or Dick's or a smaller local shop.  

....I don't have to charge sales tax,
You sure as fuck do......although transfers aren't taxable in TX, SALES are.

i don't have to recover shipping charges.  If one of my many, many repeat customers is looking for a particular gun I can look online at many more stores than there are distributors and find them a great price for their purchase.
See this? This is when you must charge Texas Sales tax.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....I don't have to charge sales tax,
You sure as fuck do......although transfers aren't taxable in TX, SALES are.

He was talking about transfers, not sales.

Be glad you live in TX, in WV we do charge sales tax on labor and that includes transfer fees.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
RSR is only stopping the shipments of firearms to HB dealers, not accessories and such.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed at my sales rep when he told me that.  Until the policy changes they won't get another penny from me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I got an email from my rep today that said they are pushing the deadline back to Aug 31st.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I got an email from my rep today that said they are pushing the deadline back to Aug 31st.
View Quote

probably because a lot of their sales reps were feeding information back up the line that HB dealers were giving them an earful about their policy change, and none of it was good.....

I get so tired of the distributors that look at HB dealers as lepers.  9 years ago when I first got started, I even had AmChar say "we only deal with LEGITIMATE businesses."  I went off on that lady, saying that spending over $800 on various federal and state licenses, and complying with all the federal, state and local laws certainly meant I was a legitimate business.  She apologized for phrasing it that way, but I still can't do business with AmChar.  Not sure I want to.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder what will happen when RSR tries drop shipping to a home based dealer. I bet I get 10-12 firearms a month from RSR  that another online dealer has drop shipped to me.
If RSR follows through Ill just start refusing those shipments.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#42]
It is a crappy situation.  I think my rep is trying to help me out though, but I'm still not a fan of the change.  Because RSR does do somethings really well.  For example, I ordered some stuff from them yesterday at 3:30 PM PDT (5:30 PM at their Texas Distribution Center), selected 2nd Day Air as the shipping option, and it was just delivered today at 3:00 PM!  That's less than 24 hours from order to delivery.  Both UPS and RSR over-delivered on the order.  RSR picked the order and got the shipment ready for UPS in 90 minutes, and UPS managed to get it to me today instead of Monday.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Let's go Check!
Think about it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's go Check!
Think about it...

Seriously?
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wonder what will happen when RSR tries drop shipping to a home based dealer. I bet I get 10-12 firearms a month from RSR  that another online dealer has drop shipped to me.
View Quote

You should already be refusing any drop shipped packages.  I despise dealers who do that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You should already be refusing any drop shipped packages.  I despise dealers who do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the heck would you know a package was drop shipped until you accepted it, opened it, and checked the invoice?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbest eff'n statement in this thread!  Refuse "easy" money on the transfer?  WTF?  I bet your customers would be fond of you !
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#48]
RSR just raised their prices on all their AK and AR's. Had an order placed and they fulfilled everything except the firearms. I'll reach out in the morning and find out why.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
RSR just raised their prices on all their AK and AR's. Had an order placed and they fulfilled everything except the firearms. I'll reach out in the morning and find out why.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Just verified some more price increases at RSR.

RSR is to dealers, what Cheaper Than Dirt is to consumers.

They are dead to me!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top