Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2016 4:29:00 PM EDT
Hello Folks,

As subject states, I have a couple questions I am wondering about? I have my ATF interview in a couple days for a kitchen table FFL and these are about the only things I haven't found much clear information on.

1) I have one safe that I currently keep my weapons in. Do I need to get another safe/cabinet or will a secured room suffice? I have researched the heck out of this and have heard people say everything from a subterranean triple bio-metric vault at a minimum to tossing a blanket over the pile and putting a teddy bear in place to guard it.  I have read the ATF guidelines and I am pretty sure a secured room with security bars over the windows, a lock on the door, and a security sensor should be sufficient for the task.

2) As I understand, in WA state handguns are called in to the state and long guns go through NICS? Can anyone outline the actual method of accomplishing the state call in process cause I have not found it shown anywhere.

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello Folks,

As subject states, I have a couple questions I am wondering about? I have my ATF interview in a couple days for a kitchen table FFL and these are about the only things I haven't found much clear information on.

1) I have one safe that I currently keep my weapons in. Do I need to get another safe/cabinet or will a secured room suffice? I have researched the heck out of this and have heard people say everything from a subterranean triple bio-metric vault at a minimum to tossing a blanket over the pile and putting a teddy bear in place to guard it.  I have read the ATF guidelines and I am pretty sure a secured room with security bars over the windows, a lock on the door, and a security sensor should be sufficient for the task.

2) As I understand, in WA state handguns are called in to the state and long guns go through NICS? Can anyone outline the actual method of accomplishing the state call in process cause I have not found it shown anywhere.

View Quote

1) There is no requirement to have a safe. So the one safe you have is plenty.

2) Can;t help with 2.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I had my interview today. It went pretty well and now I am back in the holding pattern waiting for the license to come in so I can file for the state license.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had my interview today. It went pretty well and now I am back in the holding pattern waiting for the license to come in so I can file for the state license.

View Quote

same here just not in WA

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Where in Washington are you?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in Tacoma area.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool bo99. I am hoping the IOI gets things pushed through as fast as the initial approval. I think it was about 30 days from the time I filed until I got the call to schedule the interview. I would like to be up and running in June if I can.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool bo99. I am hoping the IOI gets things pushed through as fast as the initial approval. I think it was about 30 days from the time I filed until I got the call to schedule the interview. I would like to be up and running in June if I can.
View Quote

The Washington License is going to be your hold up. Another 30 on top of receiving your FFL
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#8]
same here. i have been building a small customer base already.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top