Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:37:42 PM EDT
We've all seen the guns wrapped up in a dozen layers of bubble wrap, or the million bits of syrofoam that want to stay with the gun when you're unboxing it. Or the box inside a box inside a box
I had a first for me the other day
I opened up an incoming box and the gun had been shipped in straw.
In 23 years I've never had a gun show up in straw.
Anyone else have any weird gun -packaging- for- shipment stories?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Try 3 shotguns wrapped in a bundle in a long box filled with popcorn! I was finding popcorn for a week afterward!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Guns wrapped in:
Vinyl float tube 4' in diameter
cloth diapers
old dress socks
old athletic socks
Crown Royal bags (my personal favorite)
shower curtain (twice)

Packing filler:
rolls of toilet paper mashed flat
Bits of broken Styrofoam
Trash (yes trash, had cigarette butts in with the styro peanuts)
WalMart bags.....around a hundred I would guess

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Last week, I received  rifle with an empty egg carton to take up space in the box.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess the flip side is NO packaging material.
Yesterday I received an ammo shipment from a  distributor that included a few of those metal bulk cans of 22, shipped in a box with inadequate packaging.
Those cans must have rolled around inside that box all the way from the warehouse to my doorway, based on how badly dented the cans are
No way can I put them on the shelf and sell them in the condition they're in.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Years ago SKS rifles came in crates with straw stuffed between the rifles.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the shredded paper. That's always a lot of fun. Part of me would like to simply light it afire and wait until it all burns before I pull the gun out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the shredded paper. That's always a lot of fun. Part of me would like to simply light it afire and wait until it all burns before I pull the gun out.
View Quote

I am guilty of the shredded paper but not for guns.

When I ship a gun though I do bubble wrap the shit out of if and use as much foam as necessary to ensure its safe arrival.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Pet peeve of mine is when people use the USPS bubble envelopes as packing material because they are free.  

I've seen carpet padding used - actually it did a really nice job.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the shredded paper.
View Quote

My personal favorite was bean bag chair filler on a cosmoline-coated Mosin Nagant.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My personal favorite was bean bag chair filler on a cosmoline-coated Mosin Nagant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't even have the decency to wrap the rifle so it wasn't in contact with the bean bag filler?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They didn't even have the decency to wrap the rifle so it wasn't in contact with the bean bag filler?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would make sense, so probably not.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  That damned rifle came out looking like it was covered in popcorn.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Transferable M10 9mm wrapped up in a pair of dirty woodland BDU pants that wreaked of cigarette smoke.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I unwrapped a $20,000 video projector suspended in between two sheets of clear plastic.  That's it.  Air.  Factory package.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Glitter.... yeah, a cruel inside joke if you want to seek any revenge on another dealer.
View Quote

Seems you're a member of FFLs Only.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a customer bring in a gun the other day that he wanted to ship. I shook his package and told him I did not think it was properly packaged. I offered to repack it for him. I opened the package to find a shotgun and separate barrel wrapped up in wadded up Christmas wrapping paper. Looked like he saved all the torn up wrapping paper for later use.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Bought something here that came in a Dr Pepper box with no filler
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I had an AK arrive in a box without any packing material.   flash suppressor was sticking out the end of the box.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
We received two DP12s whose boxes smell like patchouli oil
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had an AK arrive in a box without any packing material.   flash suppressor was sticking out the end of the box.

View Quote

I had mosins come like that from Copes twice
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Purchased a LMT rear sight off the EE. It was wrapped in one of those red shop towels.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a gun come with the barrel wrapped in a split pool noodle. I must say it was highly effective.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Oh, and it seems like anytime I get a machinegun from a well known dealer in Florida, the gun smells like smoke/bbq/beef jerky.

I've had to clean a few macs and an M16 for customers after they arrive smelling like a wood smoker.
View Quote

An M16 that smelled like brisket?

WINNING

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top