Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2016 1:56:59 PM EDT
My ATF visit was this am, 55 minutes start to finish. Very professional young man, and made the process a breeze. Having a 4473 filled out, red ink buyer/green ink me- saved some time, and he liked that I was pre registered with a few distributors. Having read thru the posts here and archived, I was more than prepared, many thanks guys..now part two of The Wait??
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Congarats. How long does it normally take after the interview to be issued the license?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
He said three-four weeks..application has to go across two more desks for final approval, then sent to agency that does actual printing and mailing of lic.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I have read, once they make an appointment to meet with you, basically your approved. Any truth to that from your experience?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From what I have read, once they make an appointment to meet with you, basically your approved. Any truth to that from your experience?

View Quote
Usually, yes. You can check on FFLEZCheck to see when it goes activate. That happens a week or so before the paper copy shows up.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My ATF visit was this am, 55 minutes start to finish. Very professional young man, and made the process a breeze. Having a 4473 filled out, red ink buyer/green ink me- saved some time, and he liked that I was pre registered with a few distributors. Having read thru the posts here and archived, I was more than prepared, many thanks guys..now part two of The Wait??
View Quote

Good stuff, how do you pre register with distributors without having FFL?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Some (mge RSR, Chattanooga ect) will let you sign up with sales cert and bank info before FFL is received..some won't. Must be quite a bit of fraud, as the paperwork just for them to accept a E check is way more than expected..all I have left is to fax copy of FFL, and I'm ready to order..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top