Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:35:11 AM EDT
Can an FFL be reported to the ATF for not shipping a couple of handguns?

I sold a couple of guns and dropped them off at a local FFL for them to be transferred.  I paid the shipping and transfer for the first one on January 6th.  I paid the shipping and transfer fee for the second one on January 12th.  The FFL actually had each gun in his possession a few days before I paid the fee, because I dropped them off so the buyers could confirm he had them, kind of like an escrow type deal.  I know he has had the receiving FFLs information, probably even before I went back and paid the transfer fee.

The manager told me they would be handled in the next day or so.  He actually said they were cutting the shipping labels that same day, and they should be picked up the following day.  One of the buyers contacted me a few days ago, and told me my FFL told him he wouldn't ship until January 25th because he was rude to him on the phone.  I figured that was a little spat between them two, as unprofessional as it may be.  But then I asked the other buyer, and he stated to me that he also had a bad experience speaking to my FFL.  In addition to accusing my buyer of being a straw purchaser, he told him he wouldn't give him a tracking number because they shipped so many guns, he couldn't keep track.

I understand there are busy times, and even with modern click and ship methods, these things may not get done in a day or two.  But I think two and three weeks is a bit excessive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the ATF would do anything about that. He hasn't done anything illegal, just a poor businessman.

I'd obviously look for another FFL. Maybe even get my guns back and all the fees you paid if you could. Take them to another place and get them shipped. I have understanding to a point with a "busy" FFL. I get it. But poor customer service dragged out over weeks is just not acceptable under any circumstance.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
1) We email the tracking number to the transfer FFL and not the buyer, as some people have tried to re-route shipments to themselves instead of letting it be delivered to the dealer.

2) Find a new FFL for your outbound transfers, the one you're using obviously doesn't want to do them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome back. I guess digging out of 40+ inches of snow takes awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top