Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2016 6:48:46 PM EDT

why, because I joined a small group of dumbasses that didn't secure a gun good enough flash baking it in oven prior to hydro dipping. Barrel end landed on burner, and didn't quite go thru. Gun goes together fine, and I can cosmetically fix it, but still want new frame. Seen a few other models on GB, but curious if they can be ordered..lesson learned..
Thx
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact glock CS. They will likely replace your frame, for a fee of course.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact glock CS. They will likely replace your frame, for a fee of course.
View Quote

^This. Much cheaper than GB.

So, is that your version of burnt bronze
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Burnt ass for sure
Thx for help, will contact CS tomorrow..went ahead and dipped it for kicks..not a big fan of the hydro, likely stick to cerakote on any projects..
Sniper grey cerakote over navy digi camo..
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I never liked hydro or durakote. Cerakote seems like the best in easy to do finishes to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The FAQ at Glock states no sales of frames or slides, but a call to CS and they will replace/swap for a damaged item. Have to send a letter explaining my dumbass, and 100 bucks along with my frame..got off easier than I thought..
This was my first attempt at both cerakote and dipping(used wife's backup) and by far the cerakote provides more professional look. Dipping affects tolerances too much for me, and likely won't hold up to much use..great for yeti tumblers
Thx again for help..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top