Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2016 12:05:17 PM EDT
App in 12/10, and waiting on call. Have everything ready, except proof of zoning. Rural county with no zoning laws, but trip to the courthouse led to a runaround at the mention of guns, and the top person I was sent to wanted to argue the legality of selling from home..
Will they ask for proof of zoning, and will the fact a small grocery one mile from me, and who has a FFL, be enough evidence if asked?

Considering having a few guns dipped or coated, and wanted to dropship from dist to shop to me, to save a little on shipping. Am I protected in any way, or taking my chances, and have to trust the shop to forward me the guns?
Thx..
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
App in 12/10, and waiting on call. Have everything ready, except proof of zoning. Rural county with no zoning laws, but trip to the courthouse led to a runaround at the mention of guns, and the top person I was sent to wanted to argue the legality of selling from home..
Will they ask for proof of zoning, and will the fact a small grocery one mile from me, and who has a FFL, be enough evidence if asked?

Considering having a few guns dipped or coated, and wanted to dropship from dist to shop to me, to save a little on shipping. Am I protected in any way, or taking my chances, and have to trust the shop to forward me the guns?
Thx..
View Quote

If there is no zoning in your county then simply tell that to the ATF IOI.  Don't muddy the issue with the other stuff - and why would you tell the folks at the county that your business is gun-related anyway?

My county is the same and I have no HOA concerns either, so there was nothing for the ATF to do except check off that I was in compliance with local ordinances.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
"and why would you tell the folks at the county that your business is gun-related anyway? "

Thought I could roll into county tax office and get letterhead stating my address was zoned agri. They asked who for, and the ATF reply started the ball..soon as I could politely tell them never mind, I quit digging that hole and left.  
Just wasn't sure how involved they got on zoning, and wanted out front in case questioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top