Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2016 4:43:14 PM EDT
Is it viable?  I'm active duty military and I'm contemplating getting my FFL. Would it be possible to use a UPS store as I can't be home during typical delivery hours?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I know with a UPS vip or whatever they call it, (free sign up on their site) you can schedule delivery times, change addresses, or hold for pickup at a hub
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
In theory yes.  In practice there are some distributors who will only ship to your premises address.

Also if you are active duty, are you likely to be deployed?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 1:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it viable?  I'm active duty military and I'm contemplating getting my FFL. Would it be possible to use a UPS store as I can't be home during typical delivery hours?
View Quote

I'm a teacher and have used my UPS Store to receive firearms for the last six years.
Best thing I've ever done.

Only a few distributors will not ship to an address other than the premises address............so I buy relatively little from them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
what dogtown said.  That has served me in the 4.5 years of my FFL.  For companies that won't deliver to other than my premises (my house), i try to get the package held at the UPS depot for pick up.  Some suppliers have screwed up stuff so bad with UPS that their deliveries can't be held at the depot.so I just have to try to catch them when they deliver.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
So how would I use a UPS address when filling out the FFL paperwork? Dont they require you to use the premises address for shipping? I am still waiting on my LLC to be formed before I can file.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So how would I use a UPS address when filling out the FFL paperwork? Dont they require you to use the premises address for shipping? I am still waiting on my LLC to be formed before I can file.
View Quote

Your premises address is your premises address.
List your shipping address where it asks for "mailing address". Then once you get your FFL, scan it and make a notation to only ship to the mailing address.

No Federal law or ATF regulation requires shipping only to the premises, in fact you can lawfully receive firearm shipments at any address you want.
ATF FFL Newsletter September 2013 Volume 2, page 6:  https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/pdf-files/0913-ffl-newsletter-volume-2.pdf
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Do I need a P.O.Box or just use the actual UPS Store address?
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do I need a P.O.Box or just use the actual UPS Store address?
View Quote

A P.O. Box is a box you rent at a US Post Office. Typically UPS/FedEx and other common carriers will not deliver to a PO Box.

The box you rent at a UPS Store will allow you to receive shipments from any carrier.
Your address would read:
Jojo4711 Tactical Armory
1234 Some Rd.
Suite 1234    Box#2345
Wherever, TX

Depending on your UPS Store location they may or may not have a suite#. They will assign you a box#.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Be careful here.  As an FFL you can receive a firearm from multiple locations.  

You run into problems with transfering that firearm off of your books.  That can ONLY be done from your license address.  As long as you follow this you are gtg.

edit: Fun shows as well.  Thanks for the correction Dog.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You run into problems with transfering that firearm off of your books.  That can ONLY be done from your license address.  As long as you follow this you are gtg.
View Quote

Wrong.
A licensee can conduct business from his premises OR a gun show/special event.

And that isn't what is being discussed in this thread.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wrong.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.

I stand corrected.  Forgot the fun show clause.

My point is that care should be taken when filing to not put the UPS store address on his application.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My point is that care should be taken when filing to not put the UPS store address on his application.
View Quote

He most definitely WILL put the UPS Store address on his application..........it will be his mailing address.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
The UPS store in Wytheville, VA will not do any business with any firearms, even parts or muzzleloader parts. I tried to send a muzzleloader barrel to a barrel maker, and they wanted no part of my business. They are anti gun. Operated by Wyhteville Office Supply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top