Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
Filling out form 7. I am a sole owner of a LLC.   Brick and mortar building.

Question #8 Applicant's Business is...
Individually owned..A partner ship...A corporation...or Other
it's either Individually owned or is it Other_LLC__

Question Number #9
Describe the specific Activity That requires FFL
The Commercial Sale of Firearms?

Question #13
Hours of Operation
Right now I have no clue, it could change from time to time.
Have no clue what to put

I also get hung up on place of Birth
My Birth certificate says County and State.  No city.  They ask what city.
Was adopted as a young child, so I don't know what city.  Just whats on my Birth Certificate.

The other has to do with clean water form
an Environmental  Info

How detailed do these have to be?
Need maps, and everything?
This is in a rural  environment

Can you fill out the NFA form and send in your $500 for Class3 at the same time you apply for FFl 01?

Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Question #8 Applicant's Business is...
Individually owned..A partner ship...A corporation...or Other
it's either Individually owned or is it Other_LLC__
Other: LLC... You are not applying for an FFL, your single-member LLC is.

Question Number #9
Describe the specific Activity That requires FFL
The Commercial Sale of Firearms?
sure, or just firearms sales, or anything business related necessitating holding an FFL

Question #13
Hours of Operation
Right now I have no clue, it could change from time to time.
Have no clue what to put
You can change 'em.  Put down what you think you'll be doing - be it 9 to 5 M-F or just weekends or whatever.

I also get hung up on place of Birth
My Birth certificate says County and State.  No city.  They ask what city.
Was adopted as a young child, so I don't know what city.  Just whats on my Birth Certificate.
Then put what's on your birth cert - <x> County, <state>

The other has to do with clean water form
an Environmental  Info

How detailed do these have to be?
Need maps, and everything?
This is in a rural  environment
dunno - they didn't have that stuff when I got mine.

Can you fill out the NFA form and send in your $500 for Class3 at the same time you apply for FFl 01?
No.  You need your FFL number and EIN number, and you won't have your FFL number unless/until the license is issued.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Needs business hours so that they can inspect.  Put some estimated hours on at least one day and you can always send in a letter to change or change at the IOI interview.

call the local ATF office and ask for the IOI that covers your business location.  They can help you with what's needed.  You need an IOI, an industrynperson to ask.  

You can pay your SOT after your ffl is approved it runs July 1 to July 1.  Regardless when you apply and pay.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the answers guys.   I got all my LLC stuff done, and got my EIN numbers.  Just waiting on my State sales tax number, then all that should be good to go.

Just starting to fill out my copy of the Form7 and just got hung up on a few details.

I probably should put other on the zoning question too.......Its on a farm.

I am using a detached 50 x 80 shed, that has a  50x25 shop in it. It's mostly finished in side, has a 15x25 enclosed over head storage in it.   It has a 25 ft locking overhead grange door on it.  Think this will be a problem?

I'll see if I can get ahold of my local agent in the morning as well, and go over.  Just kinda helps to be somewhat informed.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as the environmental question(s), you're applying for an 01, so that doesn't really apply.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the help.  A quick call to the local ATF office got me squared away.

All forms done and will be sent out first thing in the morning. Now let the waiting begin,
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
They got my application and ran my credit card today.
It was ran at 00.43 hours.  

Well now just keep waiting till the interview!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Still waiting for my call.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still waiting for my call.....
View Quote

Why wait? Call your local office, ask for the area supervisor, and ask if the app  has been forwarded to the office from the licensing center.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I just did, and the Fingerprint cards have just been forwarded to the FBI.  He said could take another 45 to 60 days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Just called and checked again.  He said another 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The big day has finally came. I got the call Today, and interview is set up for tomorrow.

As far as I know I have all my paperwork in Order, so it should go smoothly.

Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Forgot to update.  Interview went great.  Got my FFL first 3 last 5 numbers, and now just a little more waiting for the hard copy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top