Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2015 6:52:39 PM EDT
anyone ever received a "denied" status after the 3 day "delay" status?

ETA - I am an FFL.  I transfer mostly to Texas CHL holders, but occasionally to a person that requires a background check.  I've had several that receive a 'delay", and that never seems to change except to "open".  I have gone ahead and transferred when the NICS Brady date says I am "not prohibited".  Has any other FFL ever had a delay that changed to denied or proceed?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope but I'm not a felon and I'm the only one in the US with my name.

You need to appeal through FBI and apply for a UPIN
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Reading really is fundamental
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reading really is fundamental
View Quote

Some of us replied waaaay before the edit.

But yes, I have seen a denied a few times over the years after a delay. One was on a police officer. Took him almost six months but he got it fixed

Even had an open once we got a call on a few weeks later asking for a current address. NICS is nowhere near perfect
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
anyone ever received a "denied" status after the 3 day "delay" status?
I haven't, but have heard of it happening. just tell the NICS Examiner that the firearm was already transferred. They may ask for you to fax a copy of the 4473 to ATF who will handle it from there.

Has any other FFL ever had a delay that changed to denied or proceed?
I've had dozens of proceeds given after the three business day delay expired and the gun was already transferred.  
Of my denied transactions, only two were initially "delayed" but changed to denied before the delay period had expired.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've worked at a few shops, and all had policies of continuing the transfer if still delayed after the "date window" had passed. I have had countless delays change to proceed during the date window. I have had many (35+) change to proceed after the date window.

A few (8 or so) were denied after the date window (already transferred). In those instances, ATF's National Tracing Center called and wanted a FAX of the 4473 or just the address of the purchaser and firearm data. We always collected phone numbers (usually cell), and when offered, they always wanted that as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top