Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2015 4:19:52 PM EDT
This is probably a dumb questions, but I cannot find an answer. I am an type 1 FFL. Have been about 9 months. I mostly do transfers and some sales on gunbroker.

I have a SIG MPX and a 300BO pistol I would like to SBR and am trying to figure out the best way to do it.  The intelligent representatives of the state of IL require a person to hold a C&R in order to apply for/approve a form 1 for SBR. From what I understand, it must be a C&R. So can I have a class 1 and C&R FFL at the same address? Even if I was a class 3, I could only purchase a complete SBR, correct?

Thanks for you help.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You can purchase on a Form 4 or build on a Form 1 but you need to have a C&R FFL and local CLEO sign off. The actual rifle doesn't need to be a C&R. Check out this thread in the HTF: How to obtain a SBR in the land of corruption
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Sir. I understand that the rifle does not need to be a C&R, but I from what i have read in that thread, I have to posses a type 3 (C&R) FFL in order to apply to make one of these pistols a SBR. I cannot apply form 1 with a type 1 FFL. I want to apply for a Type 3 (C&R) FFl, but am not sure if I can have a type 1 and type 3 FFL at the same address.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You can have both at the same address. Your 01 is for your business and your 03 is for you. I'm assuming that you are a home based 01?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. That's what I was looking for. Yes, I am home based.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both at my address.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
On another note. Is is easy to become a Home FFL in IL. I am looking into it and have no clue where to start. I moved out of Cook county and live in Dupage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top