Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:55:50 PM EDT
Was talking with my Ellett Bros rep the other day and he mentioned that after August 1st, I will no longer be able to order Colts unless I have a full stocking dealer lineup on my displays, then +1 of everything in backstock. Reading some stories on Colt's site and some other forums that were published back around May. Not finding anything current with my google-fu. Can anyone confirm or deny this Colt ordering issue?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was talking with my Ellett Bros rep the other day and he mentioned that after August 1st, I will no longer be able to order Colts unless I have a full stocking dealer lineup on my displays, then +1 of everything in backstock. Reading some stories on Colt's site and some other forums that were published back around May. Not finding anything current with my google-fu. Can anyone confirm or deny this Colt ordering issue?
View Quote

This is correct.  Colt also filed bankruptcy just a few months ago.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, tracking on that. Just making sure nothing has changed regarding the distribution of their products to shops like mine. Appreciate the reply
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

So in order to sell AR-15s, you have to stock all those stupid Single Action wheel guns?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So in order to sell AR-15s, you have to stock all those stupid Single Action wheel guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Colt SAA's outsell the AR's at my work. We will have the same Colt AR for a couple months on average due to market saturation. We have a giant back order list for the SAA's, and sell them within a day of getting th.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Colt SAA's outsell the AR's at my work. We will have the same Colt AR for a couple months on average due to market saturation. We have a giant back order list for the SAA's, and sell them within a day of getting th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you have to stock those stupid black rifles in order to sell SAA's.

The point is the product line is diverse, and may not be what dealers need or can sell. I know my local Volvo car dealer would go out of business if they also had to stock Heavy Equipment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Ridiculous. They're sinking, yet they want to restrict who can sell any of their product.

This sort of bad business sense is WHY they are sinking.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#7]
These new stripped Colt AR actions - everything but the handguards & the stock - are they shipping as pistols?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like Other, "firearm" ... for those 21 and older.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top