Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 11:10:00 AM EDT
My dad and I want to give his brother an Ar15. My dad has a Anderson stripped receiver and I have an RRA upper. I am planning to ship the upper directly to him in South Carolina and then send him the lower assembled to a gun dealer with FFL that is close to him. What is the correct way to give my Uncle the assembled lower ( legit transfer)?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My dad and I want to give his brother an Ar15. My dad has a Anderson stripped receiver and I have an RRA upper. I am planning to ship the upper directly to him in South Carolina and then send him the lower assembled to a gun dealer with FFL that is close to him. What is the correct way to give my Uncle the assembled lower ( legit transfer)?
View Quote

<-----FFL
With only two narrow exceptions, all interstate firearm shipments must be sent to a licensed dealer.
Firearm frames or receivers are firearms.

The upper can be shipped directly to your uncle, but the lower must go to a licensed dealer in your uncles state of residence.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<-----FFL
With only two narrow exceptions, all interstate firearm shipments must be sent to a licensed dealer.

The upper can be shipped directly to your uncle, but the lower must go to a licensed dealer in your uncles state of residence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<-----FFL

It could go to an FFL in any state, right. Only pistols must be transferred in recipients state of residence?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It could go to an FFL in any state, right. Only pistols must be transferred in recipients state of residence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<-----FFL

Not just pistols, any firearm other than a rifle or shotgun are only transferable in the recepients state of residence. Frames, receivers, ar lowers, pgo shotguns, etc are not rifles or shotguns....they are Other Firearms.
Rifles and shotguns may be transferred through a licensee in any state as long as legal under both states laws. (You couldnt transfer an AR with 30 rnd mag to a resident of Cali if its not legal for him to receive it in his own state)
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not just pistols, any firearm other than a rifle or shotgun are only transferable in the recepients state of residence. Frames, receivers, ar lowers, pgo shotguns, etc are not rifles or shotguns....they are Other Firearms.
Rifles and shotguns may be transferred through a licensee in any state as long as legal under both states laws. (You couldnt transfer an AR with 30 rnd mag to a resident of Cali if its not legal for him to receive it in his own state)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<-----FFL

Thanks..."other than a rifle or shotgun" was the key phrase I missed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top