Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 10:06:23 AM EDT
I'm shipping a gun back to a customer and am looking around for the best cheap legal method...
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
However you want. FedEx works well for me on long guns, USPS for handguns.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest getting an account with one of the big carriers and USPS as you will get a discounted rate.  Post Office is the best price on Handguns but FFL only.  The other carriers handle long guns well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
FedEx
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Handguns can only be shipped FFL to FFL using USPS.
USPS will ship long guns to non-ffl holders
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested in this subject, as well. Can an FFL send a handgun to another FFL using USPS Priority Mail or does it have to be an USPS "air mail" service like Overnight?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm interested in this subject, as well. Can an FFL send a handgun to another FFL using USPS Priority Mail or does it have to be an USPS "air mail" service like Overnight?
View Quote
Priority mail is fine. Drop it off at the PO along with USPS Form 1508...

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I ship almost everything USPS/Priority Mail without problems.

One time I shipped a rifle (Barrett M82) in the middle of a snowstorm, overnight (customer wanted it ASAP), it took 2 days to get there and they gave me a 100% refund.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One time I shipped a rifle (Barrett M82) in the middle of a snowstorm, overnight (customer wanted it ASAP), it took 2 days to get there and they gave me a 100% refund.
View Quote

I have been an eBay seller since 1999. I have shipped thousands of packages and hundreds of them with USPS Overnight. I don't recall any one the packages ever making it in one day. I asked for refunds numerous times and was told the service is overnight to "most cities" and that the city I shipped to did not qualify. At least someone got a refund from them not for providing the service they advertise.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently quit using Fedex and went to USPS only.  They were charging my credit card another 5 bucks more than what the web site said they were charging me.  That gets expensive each month.  I called and complained and they claimed the online payments were only quotes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top