Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2015 12:11:46 PM EDT
Hi.  Anyone use Payment Alliance as their credit card processing vendor.  Got a call today asking me to sign up for free, free mobile phone reader, $1 per month, 2.5% face to face swipes or 3.5% keyed in transactions.  Any input?  Supposedly endorsed by the NSSF & NRA
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the first calls I got after receiving my FFL.  I am using EMS Plus. Low rate, no monthly fee, free swiper...I don't deal with a lot of volume though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I used TSYS when I had  my shop.   My monthly fees averaged 2.4%.   About 50-50 on swiped and entered.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife works there. I can verify they are NRA friendly because they get tickets for the show every year. I can't verify the fees.
I work for another processor that's way bigger and anything gun and ammo related is on our restricted list. I always tell gun people about them since they take this Pro 2nd Ammed stance, even though they are a competitor.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer TransNational.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I use PlusByEMS, which is a flat per-swipe (or per keyed entry) rate.  No monthly fees or annual fees.  We typically do low-volume but high-$ transactions.

With both PAI and TransNational ask about monthly and annual fees, like for "PCI compliance" and "Risk Assessment".
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use PlusByEMS, which is a flat per-swipe (or per keyed entry) rate.  No monthly fees or annual fees.  We typically do low-volume but high-$ transactions.

With both PAI and TransNational ask about monthly and annual fees, like for PCI compliance.
View Quote

I also use EMS+  Its simple and 2.25% rate.  I even rent a small thermal printer (about the size of a smart phone) from them for 13 dollars a month to print receipts at gun shows.  My customers really like this feature and it prints a copy for me that they have to sign.  Customer service is all in the states and I get mailed monthly statements.  And they are pro gun.

I have used several credit card processors.  And I like these guys the best.  They are cheap and I dont have to take a ton of fragile equipment to the gun shows just to run cards.  They did require I send them a copy of my FFL license, I didnt care much for that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi.  Anyone use Payment Alliance as their credit card processing vendor.  Got a call today asking me to sign up for free, free mobile phone reader, $1 per month, 2.5% face to face swipes or 3.5% keyed in transactions.  Any input?  Supposedly endorsed by the NSSF & NRA
View Quote

I have used Payment Alliance for a few years now. Never any issues. The 3.5% is about what I have experienced (I only do keyed in transactions).

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
We use Payment Alliance. We had ems+ for a bit over a month and when they told us that they were going to hold over $3k for 90 days because they thought we had too high of sales. It was their screwup due to someone entering that we only do 1k in business a month not the 10k we stated. It took nearly 45 days to get the money released and that was after my wife would call 2-3 times a day trying to talk a supervisor. None of the customer reps could fix it or figure out why there was a hold. Absolutely atrocious customer service. They would not respond to emails, calls, or facebook messages. They kept deleting questions that were posted to their facebook page. We were not the only ones that had major issues and I saw many posts stating something similar  just to see the post deleted a few minutes later or the next morning.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]
McMillan (McMillan Brothers, ie the rifle stocks) have their own Merchant Solutions. I don't know the details though.

Obviously very gun friendly

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Afternoon Everyone,...

Couldn't resist replying to this particular thread.

While everyone may have their preference regarding what financial service provider they utilize to process payments for their FFL, the pecking order within the firearms industry for merchant services is as follows:

1.) Payment Alliance International

2.) Everyone Else...

TBH, it isn't really even close. Based off 1st hand experience, the other companies are simply processors who are willing to board high-risk tiered merchants, & have little accreditation as to their affiliations in industry, or their advocacy for 2nd-Amendment related matters/issues. The NRA, NSSF, GunBroker.com, GunAuction.com, GunsAmerica.com, FFL123.com, ArmsList.com, SASS, NSGA, NASGW ALL ENDORSE Payment Alliance. Not to mention, a large majority of the firearms companies displaying banner ads directly above you on AR-15.com are current/existing PAI, Inc clients.

If you're an FFL holder, & are searching for a truly 2nd-Amendemnt friendly payment solutions company...it's highly recommended that you vet you options, but start with PAI, Inc...

Rick Warren - [National Account Executive/Payment Alliance International, Inc.]
[561] 899.1694
[email protected]

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 3:38:28 AM EDT
[#11]
they are good go with them
call Gina Meyerson
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#12]
EMS has a very high early cancelation fee. And it auto renews ever 18 months and requires 90 days advace to camcel. THEY SUCK ASS.   High monthly fees too

PAI is opposite to the above.  No cancelation fees. Lower monthly fees. Lower %.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
EMS has a very high early cancelation fee. And it auto renews ever 18 months and requires 90 days advace to camcel. THEY SUCK ASS.   High monthly fees too

PAI is opposite to the above.  No cancelation fees. Lower monthly fees. Lower %.
View Quote

That was my experience with TSYS but the EMS+ contract I'm in now has no monthly fees, no annual PCI fees, and no contract to terminate.  If I want to stop using them I would just stop swiping cards through their reader.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
EMS has a very high early cancelation fee. And it auto renews ever 18 months and requires 90 days advace to camcel. THEY SUCK ASS.   High monthly fees too....
View Quote

EMS+ has no cancellation fee, no auto renew, no 90 advance to cancel, no monthly fee.........and are AWESOME.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#15]
we use PAI for our online sales, they are pretty good.  Make sure to ask for an annual review to get lower rates each year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top