Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2015 1:57:25 AM EDT
Just got my license last week and one of the last items  to nail down is a solid point of sale system to put in my store. What do you guys think works best? Cost is of slight concern, but I'm willing to pay extra for something that saves me time and hassle. Also, what credit card processing unit/companies are you using? I already got a flyer in the mail from Electronic Transfer Inc. Did some research and they seem to have decent reviews.

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Whichever you decide.... get one that's PC based and from which you can access the internet.  SO much more handy when you can look stuff up from the terminal (for those pesky customer questions) rather than having to go to a separate device.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
CC I went through Costco. always nice to have a big company with pull backing and checking that the processor is doing it right.

POS system, how much are you planning to do in sales a year? Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quickbooks point of sale would be a starting point. But it's not really tailormade fore anything specifically.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whichever you decide.... get one that's PC based and from which you can access the internet.  SO much more handy when you can look stuff up from the terminal (for those pesky customer questions) rather than having to go to a separate device.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good point, I definitely want something that will run off a Windows OS.

Quoted:

I plan on having quite a bit of inventory eventually, also with a very good chance of having a second or even third store within 5 years. I'm somewhat working in conjunction with an already established company that has 2 store locations. I'm starting in their main store now but plans include expansion into the second one.
Quoted:
Quickbooks point of sale would be a starting point. But it's not really tailormade fore anything specifically.

Have heard good things about Quickbooks, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Dell POS solutions are good and will come with the support you will need as your business grows.  You can use Intuit products and have them customize it to your business needs.  

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?category_id=5502&c=us&l=en&cs=04

If you ever decide to hire a gun knowledgable IT person with Business Development and Project Managent experience please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
So it turns out Intuit is extremely anti-gun. Don't want to do business with them. That's a shame too, they had a nice complete POS system with scanner, cc reader, and everything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So it turns out Intuit is extremely anti-gun.
View Quote

Most companies are.....

I use Quicken POS and it sucks BAD!  But I havent been able to find anything else that works any better.  Everything else is either several thousand dollars or you pay a monthly plan.  And its not cheap either.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So it turns out Intuit is extremely anti-gun. Don't want to do business with them. That's a shame too, they had a nice complete POS system with scanner, cc reader, and everything.
View Quote

F2F Firearms sales are fine. They don't allow mail order sales. That's actually how a lot of processors are. My webstore just lost our payment gateway last week for this reason.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CC I went through Costco. always nice to have a big company with pull backing and checking that the processor is doing it right.

View Quote

I'm surprised costco let you use them. They wouldn't even let us advertise on their local business wall.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out Transnational Bankcard...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I am listed as a sporting good store. But in the cc paperwork I indicated that sales are primarily firearms
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Contact accu-sport. They have a nice pos system and a processor that they work with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top