Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2015 11:54:07 AM EDT
I have a store front and am ready to start buying inventory and making orders for customers. Which suppliers should I open accounts with? I also want to sell some sporting goods also. So, suppliers of other cool gear would be good also. Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Just because they will sell I say you have to have a good selection of Uncle mike's, Galco and Blackhawk Serpa Holsters.  Even though it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  

My buddy who has a shop says he can't buy enough cheap tomahawks and machetes with Zombie bio hazard sticker on them and anything zombie commands extra mark up because people will pay for it.  

You need to have a varied selection of firearms for all budgets because what you think is cool and worth the money Joe Smith keeping it in his sock drawer may not.  

Hi-points sell well for a number of reasons.  

My buddy has accounts with Ellett Bros and Jerrys Sports Center and Southern Ohio Gun and CDNN
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
RSR Group
Chattanooga Shooting Supplies
Lipsey's
Sports South
Graf & Sons (reloading supplies)
MGE Wholesale
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
MGE Wholesale, I would love to be your rep.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Where in FL are you?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MGE Wholesale, I would love to be your rep.  [email protected]
View Quote

I'll be in touch.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Where in FL are you?
View Quote

Gainesville

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
zanders , rsr , century
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
RSR
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
RSR is king for us.

Also Ellett Brothers, Sports South, Lipseys, Davidsons, Bangers, Zander's and MGE are others to look into.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Avoid distributors that also sell at the retail level.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
New FFL and I am very pleased with Zanders. They certainly have the most user friendly website.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Lipsey's and Davidsons are great, as are Sports South and RSR.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]
M4Real, are you an SOT?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I use these guys (and I am pleased with them):
In no particular order:

Zanders
Bud's Gun Shop
Southern Ohio Gun
AIM Surplus
JG Sales
Century
Samco Global
Tactical Gear Distributors
Classic Firearms

I tried ordering from Simpson Ltd once, but the guy on the phone was a grouch and I have refused to deal with them since.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Gun Accessory Supply if you need to they will drop ship for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

M4Real, are you an SOT?
View Quote

About to be.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Dave Herman at Amchar
Ben Yingst at Acusport
Aaron Silva at Davidsons
Beau Oliver at Lipsey's
Steve Warfield at Big Rock
Alex Reineke at Bill Hicks Co.

Those are a few of my favorites to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Avoid distributors that also sell at the retail level.
View Quote

+1

Chattanooga Shooting
MGE Wholesale
CDNN
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
What is the best way to set up payment arrangements with those listed here? I'll be a kitchen table dba, and have a debit and credit card I had planned on using, but read that many charge 3% this way. Are there other options that won't cut into profits?
And the waiting begins..
Thx
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What is the best way to set up payment arrangements with those listed here? I'll be a kitchen table dba, and have a debit and credit card I had planned on using, but read that many charge 3% this way. Are there other options that won't cut into profits?

And the waiting begins..

Thx
View Quote
ACH or eCheck where offered...

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the waiting begins..
Thx

If you're going to be a kitchen table, then pretty much no one will give you terms but Davidsons and they are about 3% higher.

You also won't get free shipping, so you're pretty much not competitive immediately.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Why cant you just go directly to the brand? they wouldn't sell it to you at a good wholesale price?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#23]
all of them.... really but
jerrys
bill hicks
rsr
sports south
zanders
Chattanooga
mge <---- we can but try to avoid
lipseys<---we can but try to avoid
ron shirk
williams
davidsons<----  never(ah never say never they might have an instock item you need someday...lol)
orion arms
and more...
we shop around and work the deals
direct is easy from
bond
star
phoenix arms
and more
scopes:
USOptics direct
valdada  direct
and others
graff

you'll find out some are good, others are nice, some
you can order and pay for on line and never talk to a rep ...

best so far for police equ and some guns &ammo
Krolls buy in bulk if and when you can...

511 direct not real bad
underarmor ok
truspec direct ok
and propper  direct is a good place
and more
like swat original boots
danner boots direct
million bucks in E A S Y  to spend i tell ya

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#24]
whats wrong with lipseys and MGE?   We don't use MGE because they are cash and carry, but Lipseys has been solid for us, especially on NFA items.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why cant you just go directly to the brand? they wouldn't sell it to you at a good wholesale price?
View Quote

Which brand?  Clothing, maybe...small shops and manus maybe...most all the big boys only go through distributors unless you are ready to order by the pallet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you're going to be a kitchen table, then pretty much no one will give you terms but Davidsons and they are about 3% higher.

You also won't get free shipping, so you're pretty much not competitive immediately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the waiting begins..
Thx

My initial focus will be on transfers and the family/friends aspect of it. I only plan to inventory a handful to start, so not looking for terms, but wanted to get set up to pay without any fees..
I'll continue training retrievers, so this will be bonus income more service related than competitive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I used to buy a ton of stuff from Jerry's Sports Center.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#28]
So who did the OP go with, and how has your experience been?  Able to get everything you want, and at profitable levels?  Find a good source all your ammo, accessories and the like?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So who did the OP go with, and how has your experience been?  Able to get everything you want, and at profitable levels?  Find a good source all your ammo, accessories and the like?
View Quote

I apologize. I've had some major delays in getting my business going. Too busy with other projects. I'll post an update as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Just got the call, visit scheduled for next Thus..seven weeks from check cashed to appt..Already pre registered with RSR, and everything ready cept a merchant acct..EMS seems easiest, but reviews on its service are horrendous. Waiting on my banks options.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just got the call, visit scheduled for next Thus..seven weeks from check cashed to appt..Already pre registered with RSR, and everything ready cept a merchant acct..EMS seems easiest, but reviews on its service are horrendous. Waiting on my banks options.
View Quote

What was the total time from when they received your application to inspection?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Seven weeks exactly..
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Currently setting a six weeks..... So maybe next week
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#34]
They received mine last week, I'll be waiting a while.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not good at waiting. I called and checked again.  He said, Just waiting on the FBI background check. Could take another 2-3 weeks, before we're ready to setup an interview.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Any other Home based dealers get the bad news from RSR in the last couple of days?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any other Home based dealers get the bad news from RSR in the last couple of days?
View Quote

Ummmmmmmmmm yeah, last week.  I'm guessing you're not on FFLSOnly or the FFL Facebook group or you'd have known about it already.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Rsr thing wont last.  They need to switch to fed ex.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Called my friend there and asked if it was true. He is pretty mad and stands to lose a few good accounts. The irony is RSR got its start in a garage and has catered to kitchen table dealers for years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#41]
In order of who I try to order through

RSR, king because of one day shipping
Acusport
Sport south
Lipseys my bill hicks
Chattanooga
Zanders
Wallet brothers
Davidson's

Typically we order through the top 4, acusport gets most of our min/max auto orders as we use their system for POS.

About all we go direct on is
Night force
Swarovski
Schmidt and Bender
Leupold
Browning/Winchester
Blaser
Connecticut Shotgun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top