Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2015 9:37:48 AM EDT
I have a Type 07 FFL, and DOD civilian in mobility program. I am required to deply and PCS, just like I was back on active duty. I am due to PCS probably back to Vilseck, within the year. My question is, has anyone hear had this experience or have knowledge of how it will work trying to keep FFL? I have a query in with my IOI, but usually don't hear from him for a couple weeks. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Asked your question to my IOI today and he stated you will most likely have to surrender your FFL since your absence will not allow for compliance inspections nor will you be "in the business" during your deployment.  He stated you could re-apply upon your return.  Are you a sole proprietor or LLC?  Any business partners?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a Type 07 FFL, and DOD civilian in mobility program. I am required to deply and PCS, just like I was back on active duty. I am due to PCS probably back to Vilseck, within the year. My question is, has anyone hear had this experience or have knowledge of how it will work trying to keep FFL? I have a query in with my IOI, but usually don't hear from him for a couple weeks. Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

Do you have employees? Are they going to keep your premises open?

If you are a one-man shop and are closing up, you will likely have to surrender your FFL, if your PCS is short and you will be returning to same location they may allow a suspension of your FFL, like when a gun shop has a fire or whatever and is closed for a few months.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Asked your question to my IOI today and he stated you will most likely have to surrender your FFL since your absence will not allow for compliance inspections nor will you be "in the business" during your deployment.  He stated you could re-apply upon your return.  Are you a sole proprietor or LLC?  Any business partners?
View Quote

Sole proprietor. No partners.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you are a one-man shop and are closing up, you will likely have to surrender your FFL, if your PCS is short and you will be returning to same location they may allow a suspension of your FFL, like when a gun shop has a fire or whatever and is closed for a few months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PCS is 3 years, I'll return to home station then. It's a residence business, and my 19 yr old may stay home.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

PCS is 3 years, I'll return to home station then. It's a residence business, and my 19 yr old may stay home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just add someone as a "responsible person" if you intend to continue in business while overseas.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just add someone as a "responsible person" if you intend to continue in business while overseas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would work, but there's so much involved with it. My son can be th responsible person, but I have to decide if we want to sell the house, then I would have to do a change of address for my son. I appreciate that, it'll be helpful in our decision making, thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the Georgia HTF guys did that while he worked as a contractor in Afghanistan, his wife kept the business going, although they scaled back a lot while he was gone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top